King, Lashlee, and 3rd Downs

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes QB D’Eriq King shared his thoughts Tuesday on the Inside The Loop podcast based in Houston, Tex., and he touched on several topics in a wide-ranging interview.

And King made it clear that his goal isn’t to match, say, the 50 TDs he had as a dual threat at Houston in 2018.

It’s all about winning for the graduate transfer.

“I just want to win,” King said. “I know for a guy like me, there is nothing more important than winning. I can do the 50 touchdown thing or whatever, but if we don’t win, especially at The U, it doesn’t mean anything.”

* With former Cane great Ed Reed now UM’s Chief of Staff, king said “Ed Reed is on staff now, so I talk to him a lot. He gives me so many tips and pointers.

“He was just telling me how this is ‘The U’ and if you win here, they will take care of you forever.”

* King said he likes how the alumni are so involved with the Canes.

“I love it, the Alumni put pressure on the current players, current coaches to win,” King said. “We have to do good in order for everybody to keep their job - Ed Reed, he said `It’s the U, you win here they’ll take care of you forever.’”

* His post-Miami goals?

“Wherever the game takes me it takes me,” King said. “Ultimately I want to be a college coach, because all the people in my life I love to death, a lot of coaches.

“I just want to coach in college.”

* King also touched on the challenges of playing QB at his stature.

“When you’re 5-9 you have to prove you can play quarterback,” he said. “I had to do everything this much better.

“Even at Houston I knew I was playing well, but I was in the moment - even that, if I would have done that and I was 6-3, I’d be declaring (early for the NFL).”

* Will King be spending some time with new Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa?

“Maybe, you never know,” King said. “I don’t know Tua that well, know some guys that he knows.”

He was just telling me how this is ‘The U’ and if you win here, they will take care of you forever.”

Ed dropping bags

Advertisement
Manny either A- should've been a politician like dad and is great at lying and saying the right things fans wanted to hear or B- didn't actually interview Enos re philosophy, scheme etc.

You can't be this wrong about someone and what they're going to do unless you're either lying and complicit or ignorant.

Also, many of the gullible UM fans got short changed by coach diaz when he fired his mistake OC, cause now, they got NO CHANCE at ever seeing the full transfer tate package.

Coach diaz was an ignorant comedian last year, I couldn't stop laughing at that **** hearing him think he's fooling d-co's in his weekly press conferences talking about tate martell as if he was actually a player teams had to worry about. ROFL, I couldn't take it, it was unbelievable he was hyping a guy up like transfer tate who done jack **** in college but run to the sidelines but somehow coach diaz was trying to convince people that transfer tate was a threat, never seen anything like it!

Advertisement
Back