King is "here to win", speaks on Lashlee's offense

Pope has a lot of natural talent.

A dream scenario is King developing a good rapport, obviously with all his receivers, but especially with Pope.

I want to see Pope with the ball in his hands. Period.
Brock only liked this because he was impressed with your usage of the word "period" as a standalone sentence. Period.

You simply can't go wrong with the word period, with a period at the end of it.

Just f'ucking with ya @brock. All love, my man.

Advertisement
Brock only liked this because he was impressed with your usage of the word "period" as a standalone sentence. Period.

You simply can't go wrong with the word period, with a period at the end of it.

Just f'ucking with ya @brock. All love, my man.

When Brock saw this: “Period.“

His brain went into an irreversible feedback loop - “Period. Period. Period....Which comes first? What does it all mean? Period. Period. Period.......ad infinitum“

Then this happened

7011C43C-22DD-485B-85AB-1FD333F71DFC.gif

D'Eriq King: The top trait for a quarterback is leadership
(From 247 article written by David Lake)

Whether the player wants the role or not, the quarterback position is one that demands leadership.

Houston graduate transfer D'Eriq King is ready to earn the trust and respect of his new Miami teammates this spring as he settles into the starting quarterback job in 2020.

King understands that as a transfer player and new addition to the locker room, he will have to lead by example first.

“I think the number one trait a quarterback should have is leadership,” King told Hurricane Hotline on 560 The Joe. “As a transfer, you have to earn the team’s respect. I have only been here for [a short time] so I am still trying to do that, but things are getting off on a good foot.”

King understands that playing quarterback at a place like Miami isn’t the easiest situation. The Hurricanes play in a pro city and the fanbase treats the UM program like a pro team. Miami also has rich tradition at the position, which means expectations are always high.

King says he is ready for those expectations.
“Playing quarterback at Miami means you have big shoes to fill,” King said. “I just take that with a chip on my shoulder and come into the building every day to work hard and prove everybody right.”

King has plenty of reasons to be confident in his ability to make a smooth transition to Miami.

As a starting quarterback at Houston, King threw for 4,925 yards with 50 touchdowns while rushing for 1,421 yards and 28 touchdowns.

The Hurricanes are set to start spring practices on Monday, March 2nd and the UM fanbase is excited to see how the offense blossoms under the direction of new coordinator Rhett Lashlee and with quarterback D’Eriq King leading the attack.

King, however, understands that getting the offense in a rhythm is going to take time. His focus this spring is to build a bond with the rest of the offensive players.

“I just want to build a connection with the team,” King said. “We are installing a new system, so it is going to take some time for everything to be clicking, but that will come with time so I just want to build a connection with the team and with the receivers.”

King says he has spent plenty of time on his own trying to build a connection with the UM receivers.

“I am connecting with Mark Pope, Mike Harley, Dee Wiggins and throwing with Will Mallory too,” King said. “I am trying to get close with the linemen right now too. Me and Corey Gaynor have a pretty good relationship.”
King shared some quick thoughts on his first impression on some of the UM receivers.
“Dee Wiggins is on the outside as a long receiver that can really, really run,” King said. “Mark Pope is a great route runner and Mike Harley can blaze as fast as anybody I’ve seen so far.”

King is also impressed by the fact that the Hurricanes will return their entire starting offensive line from the 2019 season.

“The most important thing of all is that everybody is back on the offensive line,” King said. “This is their second year of getting their feet under them and all those guys have been great.”

👑 🙌🏾

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The O-line ought to feel honored he mentioned watching them and it didn't scare him off. He's banking on them having grown, worked on things they needed to and being better. Hopefully the experience of playing together will finally pay off since I've been saying it for two years now...

Lashlee gets it. He is a Master of social media. From the video of the intro meeting with the players he seems to be a great motivator. If he is able to bring success on the field with the offense he may end up as the HC in a few years.

The difference I see between Lashlee and Diaz, is that Lashlee says the right things, and there is a sincere self-confidence and honest hard edge to the way he says things and in his demeanor. Which makes you pay attention, and fear him just a little bit. Which is essential in a leadership role.

Manny says the right things, but comes off as over-talkative, because he’s trying too hard to convince you with his extra words. That leaves one with the strong impression of lack of self-confidence, and bluntly, weakness. When people over-explain, they sound weak, unsure, lacking in self-confidence, and sometimes, even deceptive.

One is brimming with hard edged self-confidence, the other is trying to convince everyone, including himself, he’s the man. Yet he, nor anyone else, is so sure.

Who would you more easily believe and follow?

Advertisement
The difference I see between Lashlee and Diaz, is that Lashlee says the right things, and there is a sincere self-confidence and honest hard edge to the way he says things and in his demeanor. Which makes you pay attention, and fear him just a little bit. Which is essential in a leadership role.

Manny says the right things, but comes off as over-talkative, because he’s trying too hard to convince you with his extra words. That leaves one with the strong impression of lack of self-confidence, and bluntly, weakness. When people over-explain, they sound weak, unsure, lacking in self-confidence, and sometimes, even deceptive.

One is brimming with hard edged self-confidence, the other is trying to convince everyone, including himself, he’s the man. Yet he, nor anyone else, is so sure.

Who would you more easily believe and follow?
Facts well said. Plus Lashlee comes off as a guy who genueinly meant it. Not a recruiting ploy. Seems a **** of alot more authentic. HIS Oline probably bagged WALKER this weekend. The effects he is having on recruiting and the program are obvious. None if this will matter unless they get it done on the field.

Lashlee gets it. He is a Master of social media. From the video of the intro meeting with the players he seems to be a great motivator. If he is able to bring success on the field with the offense he may end up as the HC in a few years.

5 minutes later, he called the Amazon driver the N word for tossing a fragile package onto his porch.

All this dumb social media **** about "I stand with (insert the latest victim of a heinous act)" is so lame. This **** just makes white people feel like they're doing something. Go do something for real.

Advertisement
Back