Kim Jong Al: Miami Coach Threatens To Ban Former Players

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
The first shot in this ugly Civil War? It wasn't former Miami star Philip Buchanon calling coach Al Golden "Al Folden'' on Twitter. It wasn't former lineman Joaquin Gonzalez tweeting, "I think it's time for a new (defensive) coordinator."
The first shot came, face to face, behind closed doors. Golden invited former players to watch video of the spring game with current players. It started pleasantly enough. Dozens of alumni stood up, introduced themselves. Ted Hendricks. Brett Romberg.

"I'm Edgerrin James, and this is my room,'' the great running back said in the meeting room he donated money to build.
Everyone laughed. That's how the day began. As the video began, Golden told any alum with a question to ask it.
Julio Cortes, a captain of the 1983 championship team, remembers raising a hand after a few plays.
"I was looking at No. 51, the linebacker, which is what I played, and he's not reading his keys,'' Cortes said. "I'm watching the guard pull. The linebacker doesn't read him. He gets smoked. If you follow your keys, that doesn't happen.

"So I said, 'What is that guy coached to read?' And then I said, 'And why is he not hustling when the ball's on the other side of the field?' It upset me. I didn't know No. 51 was Denzel Perryman, their best player. They didn't have names on their jersey.
"I just wanted to know what they were being coached. And I didn't get a good answer. They said, 'It's different now.' OK, I said, 'What's the linebacker taught? What's his keys?' "

Someone else jumped in with a question. And another former player. It began growing loud that day and has grown louder right through Saturday's loss at Georgia Tech to the point it's open season on Golden.
And now some former Miami players say they are being threatened with not being welcome in the building they once ruled if this continues.
Not if the losing continues.

The 'Cane-on-'Cane hating.
It's sad to watch if you've been around Miami at its best, its strongest, when the link between football generations set this program apart. Michael Irvin would call the phone in his old dorm room and talk up the freshman answering. Old quarterbacks counseled new ones. NFL stars worked out beside UM players.
Now they might not be welcome?

It's not a rosy time for anyone around Coral Gables, starting with Golden. He's actually one of the more sensitive men in that job. How many coaches cry after a tough loss (Clemson) or careen around the stadium after tight wins (Florida, at Georgia Tech).
It can't be easy being the target of so much anger from the very people from whom you expect support. But that's the state of this program. And these players who built it, win by win, see their proud tower being dismantled.
Heisman Trophy winner Gino Torretta told 790 The Ticket that on a scale of 1 to 10 his confidence in Golden is a "five." Allen Bailey tweeted that "major changes" need to come. Clinton Portis. Warren Sapp. Randal Hill. They've had their say.
You never dismiss passion. That's what made this program great. And it's no surprise these players won't sit quietly on the sideline if you followed their careers.

"I don't listen to it,'' Golden said this week of the criticism.
That's hard to believe. Sure, listening would make his ears bleed. But it's one thing to dismiss my column wondering why Miami didn't adjust to Georgia Tech's power running game.
It's another thing to dismiss generations of past Hurricanes, from Buchanon to Torretta all the way back to Cortes, the captain of the first national title team.

"I'm watching the TV wondering why that middle linebacker is lining up nine yards downfield," Cortes said. "That center for Georgia Tech didn't have a nose guard on him, and so he came out and immediately goes after the middle linebacker — Perryman.
"Cover the center so the linebacker can run more freely or move him up to five yards to have a chance. I screamed at the TV. I turned it off. I couldn't take any more."
For the past decade, Miami hasn't been Miami. It hasn't won in double digits. It hasn't been to a major bowl. This 3-3 start underlines that fact. It's been ugly at times. But what's turning uglier than that is this unholy Civil War.
Copyright © 2014, Sun Sentinel

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ave-hyde-commentary-1009-20141008-column.html

Speak out against Golden? Get sent to reeducation camps, no matter what you've done for this progrum.

Dare question the brilliance of the binder!? You better hide, Al's foot soldiers will round you up and have you hung.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Holy schit!

Sounds like Gorlden and Co. have known they don't belong in the 305 for quite some time now.

That's some Stalin action right there!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden time is coming to a near end. If their gonna bar out old players. Gonna get nasty.

Advertisement
Golden isn't surviving this ****.

He's done man.

He's in way over his head man. Fighting a battle he's gonna lose in the end. He's just playing with fire and he's gonna get burned.

Writing is on the wall.

It's ridiculous that he's still employed at this point.

If he's the coach on opening day next season it's going to be VERY ugly.

Our administration really can't be THAT stupid, can they?

Kim Jong Al is a big fat paranoid puzzy. I can picture that fat ****** sitting in his office like Captain Queeg sweating out bacon grease rolling those worry beads in his hands talking about all the former players having it in for him.

That's an awesome article by the way. Sends the message that the walls are closing in on Kim Jong Al and paints the picture of a paranoid fat ****** feeling the heat.

Advertisement
"it's different now."

No ****. We suck and get blown out all the time. It sure is different. **** you Al. **** you.

Advertisement
Uphold the legacy!

Ban all former players responsible for the legacy!

Advertisement
Back