Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
Always exceptions but for the most part we're used to different people and interacting. It comes from the island culture where all kinds of people live together. Its more about being Jamaican, Haitian, Cuban, PR or DR. The Caribbean is the most diverse place on earth..
It seems like that in the DR. When I’m there, it’s all mixed, my wife’s family included. It seems harmonious on the surface but there are real dangers. My wife freaks out when I’m on the street with my phone or when I want to wait outside for an Uber and I’m thinking like - “she grew up in a barrio, why is she so worried in these nicer parts of town?”

Advertisement
It seems like that in the DR. When I’m there, it’s all mixed, my wife’s family included. It seems harmonious on the surface but there are real dangers. My wife freaks out when I’m on the street with my phone or when I want to wait outside for an Uber and I’m thinking like - “she grew up in a barrio, why is she so worried in these nicer parts of town?”
I can totally see that also. I can acknowledge definite flaws in my perception. Call it Miami bias... 😃

I cant deny that....
It’s amazing how much it’s changed. It’s a mixed bag for me but there’s no doubt that overall the change is for the best because it’s progress. Yeah, I miss old school Miami Beach, where everyone knew everyone and it was a small tight community but the truth is that it was a has been tourist town that had seen its better days until culture arrived, whether from NY, the caribeños, Europe or the Americas, and with some forward thinking locals - made my city more prosperous. I’m happy to see jobs and success everywhere I turn there though I still miss the vestiges of the old days too.

I can totally see that also. I can acknowledge definite flaws in my perception. Call it Miami bias... 😃
I think your perception of Miami is spot on and I will take your instincts and recent experiences there over mine relating to what goes on.

Advertisement
I feel your pain. I have family all over Mizzou, we still have a family farm in between St. Louis and KC. I can still have fun in the middle of MO, but I wouldn't want to live there year-round.
MO is a lot more scenic state than it’s given credit for. It’s a good spot for those that enjoy the different seasons and the outdoors. I lived in STL for 4 years and just across the river for another 4 years, and I’ll always love that area. That being said, you couldn’t get me to live in STL again.

It’s amazing how much it’s changed. It’s a mixed bag for me but there’s no doubt that overall the change is for the best because it’s progress. Yeah, I miss old school Miami Beach, where everyone me knew everyone and it was a small tight community but the truth is that it was a has been tourist town that had seen its better days until culture arrived, whether from NY, the caribeños, Europe or the Americas, and with some forward thinking locals - made my city more prosperous. I’m happy to see jobs and success everywhere I turn there though I still miss the vestiges of the old days too.
No doubt. I feel the same.

MO is a lot more scenic state than it’s given credit for. It’s a good spot for those that enjoy the different seasons and the outdoors. I lived in STL for 4 years and just across the river for another 4 years, and I’ll always love that area. That being said, you couldn’t get me to live in STL again.
ESL?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back