Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
I could care less about FSU until FSU week. I just can't stand all this rhetoric around Covid. First is was masks being politicized. People on here calling other pussies for pushing mask wearing. Now, were calling out teams for not playing a game because of Covid. Enough!!!

I can understand being anti-anti-covid-19 rhetoric and having some of that potentially seep into your response. With a pregnant wife at home, I wear my mask any time I'm outdoors or in any home/building that isn't my own.

But I think a lot of the cr@p people are sending F$U's way is based on the simple fact that in the midst of a historically bad season for them, and in back-to-back weeks, Forfeit State has canceled games for covid reasons literally hours before kickoff. Other teams have cancelled games, sure. But no other team has cancelled back-to-back games on the day the games were scheduled to be played. And notably, nobody has reported that either of the teams they have cancelled on have breached the ACC's COVID-19 policies (to the contrary, the only reporting on that issue is that Clem$on adhered to the ACC's policies). At the same time, FSPoo has players opting out and hitting the transfer portal every couple of days.

At a minimum, the optics are horrible, the timing is suspicious, and FSPoo deserves derision for its poor handling of the process and apparent lack of consideration for the time/effort/money of everyone else involved.

I can understand being anti-anti-covid-19 rhetoric and having some of that potentially seep into your response. With a pregnant wife at home, I wear my mask any time I'm outdoors or in any home/building that isn't my own.

But I think a lot of the cr@p people are sending F$U's way is based on the simple fact that in the midst of a historically bad season for them, and in back-to-back weeks, Forfeit State has canceled games for covid reasons literally hours before kickoff. Other teams have cancelled games, sure. But no other team has cancelled back-to-back games on the day the games were scheduled to be played. And notably, nobody has reported that either of the teams they have cancelled on have breached the ACC's COVID-19 policies (to the contrary, the only reporting on that issue is that Clem$on adhered to the ACC's policies). At the same time, FSPoo has players opting out and hitting the transfer portal every couple of days.

At a minimum, the optics are horrible, the timing is suspicious, and FSPoo deserves derision for its poor handling of the process and apparent lack of consideration for the time/effort/money of everyone else involved.
First off, best wishes to you and your pregnant wife during these turbulent times.

I completely agree with the game cancelation issue and I stated as such in a previous post. The standard ACC protocol should have been that no team travels unless both teams clear Friday's Covid testing protocol. This way no team is wasting time and money. I blamed that 1st cancelation on Clemson and the 2nd of FSU. All players should be tested and cleared before traveling. Yes, they could have probably gotten the game in a few days later, but if Clemson was on point then the situation doesn't happen. That 2nd cancellation should have not had UVA wasting time and money going to Tally. The ACC should make up the game with Clemson and FSU as both have 12/12 open and Clemson was FSU's 1st cancelation so it should have top priority. I don't understand why that game hasn't been rescheduled. The conference needs to step in. Teams should play the maximum number of games they can play to ensure fairness to the other conference teams. Right now FSU has no more games listed on their schedule. They should at minimum have the Clemson game tentatively scheduled for 12/12. They could always cancel or schedule a different opponent down the road.

Last edited:
@RVACane ...Its a Canes Thing....
20201130_150733_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The Pilot is in full F-16 mode.
I just do not understand it, man.

FSPoo is (or, at least they were) our biggest rival school. With one month left in the year, Forfeit State is having perhaps the worst year in the history of that program. They paid a lot of money to replace their African-American head football coach with a white disciplinarian from a G-5 school who used to sport corn rows but now doesn't allow headphones or jewelry to be worn into his locker room. This same coach actively decided to de-prioritize South Florida recruiting.

Meanwhile, the athletic department is reportedly struggling to make ends meet following several years of lowered attendance, paying an absurd buyout to Fast Willie, and struggling through even lower attendance in light of covid-19. Before a single game was even played, their new HC was under fire for mischaracterizing purported conversations with his players on racial inequality in America that his star defensive lineman (along with other players) publicly claimed never happened.

Once the games started getting played, it didn't get much better. FSPoo has consistently looked disjointed and horrible. Even the game against UNC was more about how UNC shot themselves in the foot repeatedly for the first half (and they nearly took the game in the second half). They cancel a game against Clem$on that they very clearly did not want to play hours before kickoff. The next week, they cancel another game against UVag hours before kickoff. And it appears yesterday they cancelled their game against Duke (at least they gave their opponent proper notice on that one). Throughout it all, multiple players have either been dismissed from the team, transferred, or opted out of the year (some of them mid-season).

FSPoo is not a burning dumpster fire, it's run-down, leaking nuclear waste facility buried under six feet of diseased elephant ****. And while UM fans around the globe are rightfully celebrating the public embarrassment that is Forfeit State University, we have people defending them by trying to equivocate what that lame program has done with what UM has done in response to covid-19 this season, we have people fact checking smack talk, and we even have a pastor preaching the perils of bearing false witness against FSPoo/Norvell, generally (though, as far as I can tell, the most compelling evidence of anyone lying before the Almighty would be of Norvell himself, when he reportedly lied to the media about meeting with his team to facilitate an open dialogue on racial injustice in America... which Marvin Wilson very publicly said did not happen).

I can understand @Number1CanesFan missing the forest for the trees a little bit (at least as far as the thread was concerned) and going off on the covid-19 angle because at the end of the day our public health is more important than any football game, but the rest is just baffling behavior for anyone who purports to love this U like we do.

Last edited:
I think everyone has been pretty civil.

I don't think everyone appreciates being told that they are slandering and libeling people and/or institutions if we do not have some sort of courtroom-like preponderance of evidence.

Speaking only for myself, I can take being called a sinner in stride.
It's the defense of F$U I find uncivil and distasteful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I deleted 30+ posts to get this thing out of bible study. What else would you like me to delete and I will? I don’t think I left anything up where he responded to you but I will double check.

You deleted 30+ posts?

What happened while I was gone? LOL

Advertisement
It just kept going and this isn’t the thread for it. I’ve got to go back and delete more. I tried to leave a few of the early responses but that’s a fail.

I get it.

Religion and pol....s.

It never fails.

Let’s just get back to hating on FSU, and other schools.....and hoping we play the turds or ND at some point this season.

Advertisement
Back