Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
Looks like ***-e-skr is feeling the ban hammer.
I got a "racism" infraction earlier. Racism. Yeah. Ok. So I've had a Trump avatar for like a month and now all the sudden I'm getting banned, infractions & harassed over absolutely nothing. I'm sure there's no double standard there. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
I got a "racism" infraction earlier. Racism. Yeah. Ok. So I've had a Trump avatar for like a month and now all the sudden I'm getting banned, infractions & harassed over absolutely nothing. I'm sure there's no double standard there. :rolleyes:

Ha, is there someone with a Bernie or Bloomberg avatar I haven't seen being allowed to run unchecked on the forum?

Honestly, I didn't think your Disney/Chinaman quip was racism infraction worthy, but it was probably more than "absolutely nothing." IMO, it seemed clear that you were just making an attempt at some dark comedy blending current global epidemiological occurrences with racial stereotypes of how Chinese people speak English (which is still a lot better than how Americans speak Chinese). Personally, I did not find it funny, but I wasn't offended either (and it didn't stink of racism to me). Then again, I also don't think whether "the joke lands" should be the distinguishing characteristic between socially acceptable jokes about race and overt racism. But Trump avatar + joke using racial stereotypes = I'm not surprised somebody on CIS reported it.

Comedy is subjective and we should be able to make certain jokes about the human condition (including race) without being branded racist. ****, people accuse Dave Chappelle of things like transphobia and misogyny all the time because of his comedy. The thing is, Dave Chappelle is one seriously funny motherfvcker, and if he was on CIS he'd have an LCE-level reaction score. @ilovelamp51 is... well, not Dave Chappelle.

Last edited:
Ha, is there someone with a Bernie or Bloomberg avatar I haven't seen being allowed to run unchecked on the forum?

Honestly, I didn't think your Disney/Chinaman quip was racism infraction worthy, but it was probably more than "absolutely nothing." IMO, it seemed clear that you were just making an attempt at some dark comedy blending current global epidemiological occurrences with racial stereotypes of how Chinese people speak English (which is still a lot better than how Americans speak Chinese). Personally, I did not find it funny, but I wasn't offended either (and it didn't stink of racism to me). Then again, I also don't think whether "the joke lands" should be the distinguishing characteristic between socially acceptable jokes about race and overt racism. But Trump avatar + joke using racial stereotypes = I'm not surprised somebody on CIS reported it.

Comedy is subjective and we should be able to make certain jokes about the human condition (including race) with being branded racist. ****, people accuse Dave Chappelle of things like transphobia and misogyny all the time because of his comedy. The thing is, Dave Chappelle is one seriously funny motherfvcker, and if he was on CIS he'd have an LCE-level reaction score. @ilovelamp51 is... well, not Dave Chappelle.
All that's fair. It was mindless drivel. I wasn't even going for funny as much as self entertainment to make myself feel better about a situation I am dreading. (a bit of a hypochondriac on top of having anxiety in crowds) Ironically Chappelle gets ridiculed over his Asian jokes despite the fact that his wife is Asian. Meh. I hate the PC crowd. If it gets me banned then that's probably the best outcome.

Having a Trump avatar and spewing political propaganda in a thread are two different things. Unless your avatar derails a thread.

Your chinaman remark may have been a joke and some may not find it offensive but others do and again it's something that will derail a thread. We all know that certain members will jump on it and turn the entire thing into a big mess. That in the end gets a thread locked.

Having a Trump avatar and spewing political propaganda in a thread are two different things. Unless your avatar derails a thread. Your chinaman remark may have been a joke and some may not find it offensive but others do and again it's something that will derail a thread. We all know that certain members will jump on it and turn the entire thing into a big mess. That in the end gets a thread locked.
I chose it to be funny, not to be political. If it were an Obama avatar, it wouldn't get a second look (my opinion).

The more you guys pander to the easily offended, the quicker this place will go downhill. People will always find a reason to complain. I'm not trying to be a problem but I won't walk on egg shells either. I digress. Hopefully I won't cause you any headaches. šŸ»

Advertisement
I chose it to be funny, not to be political. If it were an Obama avatar, it wouldn't get a second look (my opinion).

The more you guys pander to the easily offended, the quicker this place will go downhill. People will always find a reason to complain. I'm not trying to be a problem but I won't walk on egg shells either. I digress. Hopefully I won't cause you any headaches. šŸ»
My man, I have no problem with you and i don't believe any other mod does. If we were gunning for you. We would've banned you and your alias. Nobody is asking you to walk on egg shells, just some things cause major friction and action has to be taken to avoid anything serious.

Didn't he literally just state it wasn't the avatar that got you warned, but the comment?

Advertisement
Keep preaching man. Trump 2020 baby!!!!

Having a Trump avatar and spewing political propaganda in a thread are two different things. Unless your avatar derails a thread.

Your chinaman remark may have been a joke and some may not find it offensive but others do and again it's something that will derail a thread. We all know that certain members will jump on it and turn the entire thing into a big mess. That in the end gets a thread locked.
If he had an Obama or a Bernie avatar, I bet you would have let it slide.

Advertisement
@caneinorlando should be kicked out for being the dumbest person in the group. Trying to argue that a person with a 4.27 40 is faster than a guy that ran a 4.13
Nah, YOU are the most dumb out of this group, the most gullible and the least liked.
@caneinorlando is a great contributor to this group, actually liked and a Cane, while you're a Can't.

@caneinorlando should be kicked out for being the dumbest person in the group. Trying to argue that a person with a 4.27 40 is faster than a guy that ran a 4.13
@RVACane allow me.

Go swim with the fishes, *****!!!
845B2DD2-4E22-48F4-B1E6-DD04E17AEC17.gif

Advertisement
Back