Kiko Mauigoa

Advertisement
He was really, really good for us this year. Underrated. Hopeful Pete’s right here, would be huge.

Plus, the best shoelace tackler I’ve ever seen.

IMG_7494.gif

I know he was great for us this year, but this kind of stuff about jumping to the NFL should be a non starter for Kiko.

Loaded LB group coming out, and he has 1 good year of film. Still needs work in coverage.

I follow other schools fairly closely, and I have never seen a fanbase that ushers its players to the NFL off of a few good performances like this one.

This isn't a slight against Ariz, but OF COURSE he should come back. Like why do we have a post having to confirm this? Why would he leave to be a late round pick or FA?

RANT over carry on..
Lmao he could absolutely go pro. Dude has had two good, all conference type seasons. I don’t know how deep this LB class is, but he’s the second best LB in the conference production wise. Most LBs struggle in pass coverage and those that don’t usually struggle against the run. The LB from NC state put up better tackling stats, but is not a better prospect. He could be a second to third rounder right now

Advertisement
I know he was great for us this year, but this kind of stuff about jumping to the NFL should be a non starter for Kiko.

Loaded LB group coming out, and he has 1 good year of film. Still needs work in coverage.

I follow other schools fairly closely, and I have never seen a fanbase that ushers its players to the NFL off of a few good performances like this one.

This isn't a slight against Ariz, but OF COURSE he should come back. Like why do we have a post having to confirm this? Why would he leave to be a late round pick or FA?

RANT over carry on..

Not sure it’s the fans as much as it is parents,Handlers and agents telling kids and their families that they’re all going to be first round picks and sure fire HOF picks some day….

The MLB that can make plays around and behind the LoS and guard a Scatback on a wheel route is a 1st rounder and those are few and faaar in between c a ts.
Agree. He is a great addition. Love to have him back.

But Guidry needs to solve this problem.

Advertisement
It's wild that Kiko is only a late day 3 LB but it feels like he's been our best LB in the last 10 years or so since maybe Perryman. I think Kiko is better then Shaq and Pickney.
This ...its why I can't help but chuckle when throughout the years people would talk about all this talent we supposedly had. Bro we just had a guy show up here late in the off-season and get significant playing time that couldn't see the field at Louisville. Smh

Kiko can get us Ward

I don't know how much of a connect it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if D'Eriq King and Shannon Dawson don't have some contacts with Ward and his family.

Ward grew up about 30-40 mins from where King is from and an hour from houston. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawson recruited him out of HS.

Could be something, probably nothing.

Advertisement
He has a late day 3 grade
Lmao he could absolutely go pro. Dude has had two good, all conference type seasons. I don’t know how deep this LB class is, but he’s the second best LB in the conference production wise. Most LBs struggle in pass coverage and those that don’t usually struggle against the run. The LB from NC state put up better tackling stats, but is not a better prospect. He could be a second to third rounder right now
He absolutely could go pro yes, and as Pete stated probably a round 6-7 pick.

He isn't Better than Peyton Wilson. He isn't better than Jeremiah Trotter that just in the ACC.

He is our best LB in years, and had a great season. He could be the best returning LB in the league next season.

CiS: “Why would he leave? He has nowhere to go. He’d be lucky to make an NFL practice squad!”

Also CiS: “I’m so glad he’s not leaving. He’s one of the best players on the entire defense. Best Canes LB in almost a decade.”
Lmao true.

Advertisement
The things he does well, he does really well. Don’t ask him to cover anyone or chase anyone down sideline to sideline. Keep him inside the tackle box and let him play drown hill. He’s elite at getting into the backfield and making plays behind the line. Honestly, his limitations are physical so it’s unlikely he’ll improve his draft stock but he has nothing to gain by leaving early and possibly going undrafted.

He absolutely could go pro yes, and as Pete stated probably a round 6-7 pick.

He isn't Better than Peyton Wilson. He isn't better than Jeremiah Trotter that just in the ACC.

He is our best LB in years, and had a great season. He could be the best returning LB in the league next season.
He’s better than Trotter right now, but Wilson is the best but has less upside overall.

The things he does well, he does really well. Don’t ask him to cover anyone or chase anyone down sideline to sideline. Keep him inside the tackle box and let him play drown hill. He’s elite at getting into the backfield and making plays behind the line. Honestly, his limitations are physical so it’s unlikely he’ll improve his draft stock but he has nothing to gain by leaving early and possibly going undrafted.
He’s elite at FINISHING when he gets in the backfield. A lot of guys whiff when they shoot the gap and get a shot at the QB. Not this guy.

Advertisement
Back