Kiffin to FAU

Kiffen and Saben were done with each other. For Kiffen it was OC at LSU or HC at FAU. This a home run hire for little old FAU.

Advertisement
I may be reading too much into this but in order for him to take this gig he had to be miserable in Alabama and/or under Satan. He could have found something better in the near future, I believe.
Maybe so, but his failures as a HC put him in a position where he needs to rehab his image (as a HC). Working under Saban or anyone else can't do that for him. This is a perfect opportunity for him at this point, IMO.

What does he really have to gain by coaching at FAU? Not a step up, but a step backwards..

"At least one sign that Kiffin's time at Alabama could be coming to an end was evident in September, when it was reported his contract, initially a three-year deal, was not extended beyond February. Around the same time, Alabama added former USC coach Steve Sarkisian as an offensive analyst."

Interesting. Maybe this was going to be Kiffin's last year at Bama regardless of what HC opportunities came up.

"At least one sign that Kiffin's time at Alabama could be coming to an end was evident in September, when it was reported his contract, initially a three-year deal, was not extended beyond February. Around the same time, Alabama added former USC coach Steve Sarkisian as an offensive analyst."

If this is the case then I stand corrected.

Advertisement
I see it as a holding place and being able to reaffirm that he is a head coach and not a career assistant. He is simply waiting for his next real job.

Plus we get to check out his hot wife in S. Fla!!! ;)

Terrible move for Kiffin. Wow.

But dam, with Strong, Butch, and Kiffin, you have 3 of the best recruiters in the business circling the area. I'd think we'll lose one or two 3-star kids per year to one of those 3.

Advertisement
This is a fascinating development. Butch at FIU now Kiffen at FAU. Let's face facts. These two are capable of taking their programs to another level. Good news is that short term this won't hurt us that much. Long term we better not stumble. Butch may be here for a long time. Kiffen will build his resume and then move on.

Im going to love watching him, Charlie and Butch battle for kids over the next few years...

For real. Look at the FLA landscape of recruiting. I think the. If three will still get there's. But all the power 5 schools that thrived on lower tier SFla studs won't have access to that anymore. The battles down here are gonna be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not?

The Power 5 teams have still got much more to offer to these "overlooked SoFL studs" than FAU et al.

To put this in perspective, FAU just hired a coach with the resume:

- Former NFL Head Coach
- Former USC Trojan Head Coach
- Former Tennessee Volunteer Head Coach
- Currently 41 years old

FAU Hire > FIU Hire

While this may play out to be true depending on their success (or lack thereof) at their new schools, you're basically implying that what Kiffin did at Oakland was better than what Butch did at Cleveland; what Kiffin did at USC was better than what Butch did at Miami; what Kiffin did at Tennessee was better than what Butch did at UNC. ALL false.

But yeah, he's got him on age for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I may be reading too much into this but in order for him to take this gig he had to be miserable in Alabama and/or under Satan. He could have found something better in the near future, I believe.
Maybe so, but his failures as a HC put him in a position where he needs to rehab his image (as a HC). Working under Saban or anyone else can't do that for him. This is a perfect opportunity for him at this point, IMO.

What does he really have to gain by coaching at FAU? Not a step up, but a step backwards..
Not really. Any head coach has an opportunity. A couple of good years at FAU and he gets back to a big time job. As it is today, I coukdn't see any P5 program taking a chance on him. He needs to succeed at FAU.

Finebum just said Kiffin should've gone to a High School instead of FAU :laughing-1::laughing-1:

Advertisement
This is a fascinating development. Butch at FIU now Kiffen at FAU. Let's face facts. These two are capable of taking their programs to another level. Good news is that short term this won't hurt us that much. Long term we better not stumble. Butch may be here for a long time. Kiffen will build his resume and then move on.

They're too late. We already stumbled.

kiffen will be taking uber to south beach every other night lol probably have bangbus running his recruiting visits

Im going to love watching him, Charlie and Butch battle for kids over the next few years...

For real. Look at the FLA landscape of recruiting. I think the. If three will still get there's. But all the power 5 schools that thrived on lower tier SFla studs won't have access to that anymore. The battles down here are gonna be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, this is what I've been saying as soon as Strong was hired. Now with Kiffin at FAU, schools like Wisky, KSU, Nebraska, MICH ST., and on and on and on, will have to refocus on Texas. CA and their surrounding states.

Like I said earlier, if we were still being coached by Clappy/Blandy/Goldilocks, then we'd be in REAL trouble! Since we have a real staff recruiting for us, this could work out quite nicely with the lower folks giving out of staters fewer reasons for recruiting FL so heavily.

ALL false.

Yeah.. except for the fact that Kiffin has a higher winning % in college than BuRtch.

NFL - BuRtch
College - Kiffin
Age - BuRtch started coRching before Kiffin was born. so yeah, Kiffin
Kiffin 2 > BuRtch 1

Advertisement
Back