Kickoff Return and Punt Return

I agree though, not having a playmaker on returns due to fear of injury is stupid. Imagine if USC would have kept Bush on the bench because of that fear... Like we did last year with our biggest playmaker, Duke

Advertisement
Two words and we can solve the answer to all of their problems... CORN ELDER!!!!!!!

We're too thin at cb and he'll be a top NFL prospect. Well have plenty of young athletes to go with instead with the class coming in, Sam Bruce, Desmond Phillips.

Depth. Every time we find a good returner, he's also our best RB/corner/whatever and we can't risk him on special teams.

Unfortunately Special Teams is the first area that gets exposed when you have little to no depth. I don't think it's scheme as much as player talent level. Aside from the actual return guy, I hate seeing any regulars on special teams. Deon Bush was out there all the time early on and look at how injuries took their toll on him. It takes a certain kinda "dedication to crazy" to kick *** on special teams...these should be backup LB's, DB's, a few linemen, maybe a WR and RB...

Yeah, people say they want the best out there, but the hate would fly if a starter got hurt. al would have been lynched immediately if Duke had blown out his knee returning kicks.

Richt took Isiah McKenzie when we rejected him. So that's a good sign.

Id really love to know why Berrios was our punt returner. He's the worst returner I've ever seen at UM. He was blown over or fell within 5 yards every time he caught the ball.

Not letting Corn handle punt return duties is another in a hilariously long list of Golden's big book of decisions an asshle would make.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back