Khairi Clark update

i did agree with you that there are kids that focus on relationships, but the majority of them go for what is the popular team, look through out the years almost every team that won a national title or came close to winning had great recruiting classes, notre dame this year, florida or Ufag as some like to call it had amazing classes when they were the talk of college football, when the U was killing it in the 2000s, texas A&M these year is getting a lot of recruits away from Texas with the whole Johnny football crap, im not completely disagreeing with you, its just the majority of them are trendy
I think we agree but my point is there are only a few team on top. Teams like A & M and Notre Dame were on a roll to have big recruiting years before the football season even started last year. Winning helps but the relationship are extremely important and typically the deciding factor. Winning helps get your foot in the door.

Advertisement
I'm not typically of this ilk, but the sheer number of slurs by the OP is stunning.

Stop with the whole UFag and Ugay stuff....it's just dumb

Stop with the whole UFag and Ugay stuff....it's just dumb

Report my posts if you don't like them. For being UFag and UGay sympathizers:

37.gif

You're missing the whole point. I think it is wrong to smear homosexuals by lumping them in with the most despicable of men - Gators.

the "recruiting game" has changed in the past 8 years

Not really... You really think recruits are committing to Alabama because of the relationship? The day they won't be contendre, nobody will want to go there, even if Saban is still there.
Yes I think Alabama has really good recruiters. You see how Walker switched to FSU when Pruitt left. I think Saban could have gotten a better Oline coach then Mario but he wanted a top notch Florida recruiter. It helps that Alabama wins a lot of football game but they don't get every recruit they want. UF's staff beat them for multiple prospects last year.

Alabama is also a unique situation.

Bama lost some recruits to florida, but they destroyed Auburn and Georgia's classes, you think we have a hard time keeping kids home Georgia lost out on a lot of top kids in their state, Bama has the ability to pick up top kids in other teams backyards because they are winning and they are the hot team this year, yea you can say that kids focus more on relationships and all that, but the majority of them mainly go to the team that is hot, when we start to win games and start a buzz in the town, these recruits will want to hop on

So what are your examples besides Bama which is a unique situation? Recruiting comes down to relationships just because you win a head to head games doesn't mean you are going to win all the recruits you are battling that team for.
Why do you keep saying this? Do you mean because America's Armpit has an endless booster and Deer Antler budget?

Advertisement
Back