Keyshawn "Pie' Young Update

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
He's listing Michigan,FSU, Alabama and USC as his main schools with Miami "in the hunt" as he says. However, I was told only Michigan and Miami are taking him as a receiver.

FSU is solely recruiting Nate Craig Myers right now at WR and they look to be in with him for the long haul; Alabama and USC won't accept him as a receiver and see his upside higher on the defensive side. The only two schools willing to take him as a receiver are Miami and Michigan. As of right now, I'd still say it's a longshot he winds up in Miami, but unless one of those other schools changes their opinion on him as a receiver, It looks like Michigan and Miami are the two main teams for Young.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Me personally he might end up at West Virginia or some what...he is not the type of kid to wait it out, because alot of these teams will move on to other options....im thinking Michigan tho.... Harbaugh tryin to build a Florida pipeline

Wish this program wasn't in the state it's in right now so we'd have a legitimate chance with local ballers like Pie. Kid is a stud.

Advertisement
Regarding Bruce, I'm not really worried about UF stealing him bc, basically we have an established stud at QB in Kaaya and the Gators currently don't have even close to a decent QB in Treon, and Grier has zero game time experience. He would be stupid to go to UF from a production standpoint. Again, not sweating it one bit. And for those of you that will bring up Allen from STA with the class of 2017; it's the class of 2017! And it's not assured that he will excel at the next level. Kaaya and the U is a no-brainier in my mind, even if Golden gets canned.

Regarding Bruce, I'm not really worried about UF stealing him bc, basically we have an established stud at QB in Kaaya and the Gators currently don't have even close to a decent QB in Treon, and Grier has zero game time experience. He would be stupid to go to UF from a production standpoint. Again, not sweating it one bit. And for those of you that will bring up Allen from STA with the class of 2017; it's the class of 2017! And it's not assured that he will excel at the next level. Kaaya and the U is a no-brainier in my mind, even if Golden gets canned.

You should be worried. His listening to what UF is telling him. His best friend goes to UF. And the only thing keeping him committed is Beard. If Beard were to be fired today, he decommit by tomorrow. And since Golden ******* sucks, its extremely likely our coaching staff gets fired this year.
The only good thing is that he can't enroll early, so at the very least we will have a new coaching staff in place (and hopefully Beard will stay) and that'll be enough to keep him. At this point I'd say it's 50/50 us or UF.

You should be worried. His listening to what UF is telling him. His best friend goes to UF. And the only thing keeping him committed is Beard. If Beard were to be fired today, he decommit by tomorrow. And since Golden ****ing sucks, its extremely likely our coaching staff gets fired this year.
The only good thing is that he can't enroll early, so at the very least we will have a new coaching staff in place (and hopefully Beard will stay) and that'll be enough to keep him. At this point I'd say it's 50/50 us or UF.
Beard, Coley, Harris, Brown and Kehoe aint goin nowhere.... all Miami Made and perfect for our South Florida recruiting....even if we do have a new coach next year which i dont think we will.... Beard aint the only one keeping him committed, its his parents also and he truly loves the U.... one thing is for sure his girl and goin to UF for college so i think he sticks... we jusyt goin to have to give him the royal treatment till the end

Advertisement
Back