Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Advertisement
I mean is our lb recruiting that bad? Steed was highly thought of locally but had injury issues. We flipped Joyner from FSU and he was well regarded. Bj was a take of a former player. Brooks and huff were we though of. I mean it hasn’t been that horrible if it wasn’t for injuries

We are thin...And it certainly isn't the best position on the team, but It's not bare if one of the youngsters streps up

I think we have 4 LB competing for 2 spots next year...
Mcloud- WLB only imo (he can play that SAM role if it's a run heavy team imo, but the strikers basically beat him out for that position so I think Will)
Brooks- MLB/WLB (at this time MLB only, but I'm not ruling out either spot for him)
Joyner- MLB/WLB
Jennings MLB/WLB (borderline but could surprise, not terrible from the little I've seen)

Strikers-
Frierson
Huff (maybe some WLB some point in his career, but thinking natural striker)

Others group 1:
Steed (no idea where he's at with injury)
T-A-C (I can see him at either Will or Striker, and he can push someone imo, if I had to call it WLB is his future)

Others group 2:
Mathis
Flagg (not sure either ready yet) MLB/WLB for both
The walk-ons...Ragone, and I've heard the coaches speak well of Alford on ST/Striker (let's hope they stay ST)

Flowe obviously changes things at MLB/WLB and immediately gets in that Mike and Will mix if we somehow pull that miracle off.

Others we are recruiting:
K.Wash 100% shirt- Striker
T.Reaves - Striker
Gibson WLB or Striker
Greene WLB likely (ehhh maybe striker too)
Harrell- Saftey or Striker

Obviously all jmo.

Last edited:
Come on man, you can think highly of the kid and not throw nonsense like this out there. A. He's not. B. And he prob wouldn't be with the speed questions lingering....Although ya he could be ranked higher.

As a counterpoint to your argument you can say his high school may be propping up his ranking a little.
I’ve watched him play in person a couple times. He’s all over the ball and always making plays. What he lacks in speed he makes up for it with his IQ. He’s a smart player, wants to be a cane, and plays in one of the best high school football leagues in America. He’s exactly what manny’s wants and he wants to be a cane. I’ll take that and support the kid all day. I’m excited to have him

I’ve watched him play in person a couple times. He’s all over the ball and always making plays. What he lacks in speed he makes up for it with his IQ. He’s a smart player, wants to be a cane, and plays in one of the best high school football leagues in America. He’s exactly what manny’s wants and he wants to be a cane. I’ll take that and support the kid all day. I’m excited to have him

Same boat as you...Sure I have concerns, but I think they are after a special type of backer at Mike, as I posted elsewhere in this thread. We shall see

I definitely think the kid is a student of the game.

Advertisement
Same boat as you...Sure I have concerns, but I think they are after a special type of backer at Mike, as I posted elsewhere in this thread. We shall see

I definitely think the kid is a student of the game.
I agree with you, I'm interested to see how they finish out the linebackers. Would you take hyppolite over Flagg?

Advertisement
Zero chance this happens. A lot of misses would have to happen for him to be in class. And by then he’d probably say “ F you “

Flowe and Greene are 1a and 1b. Staff apparently feels confident in both but the likelihood of both is quite a tough grab. Greene OVing on the 13th is a great advantage, seems FSU wants to announce a hire Monday or Tuesday. Will definitely be interesting down the stretch.

Advertisement
Flowe and Greene are 1a and 1b. Staff apparently feels confident in both but the likelihood of both is quite a tough grab. Greene OVing on the 13th is a great advantage, seems FSU wants to announce a hire Monday or Tuesday. Will definitely be interesting down the stretch.

I don’t even think Hyppolite is option c at this point

Jimbo had good defensive players at fsu.....Herman still recruited well and got Ed **** Oliver to play for Houston....I'm sure they know great defenders and been around them often. They have the last say if a kid deserves an offer.

Also 16th ranked defense our schedule is bad so that's always going to be inflated until the ACC ever shapes up...just like Pitt has the best pass rush. Who really believes that?
It’s funny how you justify Herman’s recruiting ability but yet his team is still ranked in the 100s 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
U have to take Hyppolite over Flagg it's like Knighton over Parrish but Flagg ain't no parrish
The heck is your obsession with disrespecting Flagg? You literally bash in every thread and at this point, I hope Flagg turns into a star at the next level if only to expose you for the idiot you unquestionably are.

I understand the desire to drop Mathis, which the coaches did, but Flagg was one of the most productive HS linebackers in the state of Texas, in its highest classification no less. I understand 40 time may be a concern, but you aren't as productive as he's been at the highest level of perhaps the top football state in America by accident.

The heck is your obsession with disrespecting Flagg? You literally bash in every thread and at this point, I hope Flagg turns into a star at the next level if only to expose you for the idiot you unquestionably are.

I understand the desire to drop Mathis, which the coaches did, but Flagg was one of the most productive HS linebackers in the state of Texas, in its highest classification no less. I understand 40 time may be a concern, but you aren't as productive as he's been at the highest level of perhaps the top football state in America by accident.

I don’t get the flagg hate, I love his film and what I’ve seen live. Kid will be a good player

The Flagg slander in this cite is beyond me. Fans here think speed=talent for some reason.

Advertisement
Back