Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Advertisement
We’ll see if Steed is the same player and Jennings and Steed have to prove they can stay healthy or if it’s time to hang it up. Other than Brooks in limited action, nobody has proven anything at LB. He’s a athletic monster on film. Bring him in and have him compete.

Advertisement
Is Norman, OK that much better than Lincoln? Obviously winning helps immensely and having the right coach is part of it, but Oklahoma is recruiting nationally at a VERY a high level.
Great point.
But they struck gold with a coach and some qb’s.
they’ve also had a good recruiting footprint in Texas for a while and they’ve expanded it the last few years. But despite their recruiting, their defense is surprisingly poor considering how they recruit.
But don’t get it twisted on the oil money being spent on recruits. Hazelnuts wasn’t cheap. Kids don’t just start flicking to Norman because your qb is lighting it up.
They’re facilities are also pretty **** good.
Money has definitely been spent.

Also: At least Norman is somewhat close to Dallas. It's never a good sign when your city's best attributes are the proximity to other cities, but it is what it is lol

Advertisement
Also: At least Norman is somewhat close to Dallas. It's never a good sign when your city's best attributes are the proximity to other cities, but it is what it is lol

College kids aren't driving 3 hours each way to party in Dallas. People say the weirdest ****.

When I was in college, the last thing I wanted to do was get off campus. There was always something to do and new tail to chase. ****, I was more likely to go to another school and party more than head to a massive metropolitan area. Campus was the **** and there's a reason kids hate when the summer shuts it down.

Tbh it was on the staff, delusion lol. I kept saying I don’t see it happening. A lot of us did.

Kids from there don’t go to Miami. I’m pretty sure mom didn’t even come because she told him it was a no. Maybe I’m wrong on that part.
I definitely remember LCE and Gogeta specifically saying no chance mom signs off. It seems like this was one lesson the staff learned. Correct me if wrong, but I though the parent’s sign off is a big part of accepting commitments now, particularly early ones for future classes.

Advertisement
I’m commiting to Miami , they were literally sitting with him when he called FSU to dc.
Tbh it was on the staff, delusion lol. I kept saying I don’t see it happening. A lot of us did.

Kids from there don’t go to Miami. I’m pretty sure mom didn’t even come because she told him it was a no. Maybe I’m wrong on that part.
His mom didn’t want him here

That’s fair and all valid. Did not know that. I mean obviously the biggest differences are Lincoln Riley, a lot of Ws, and guys being drafted high... but they still have to convince guys to move to Oklahoma.

Yeah, I mean we tend to conflate Oklahoma and Nebraska (geographically) because of their rivalry game, but people forget that Kansas is the state in-between OK and NE. So the two campuses are not as close as some think (my family is from Missouri, so I'm familiar with that region of the country).

I know people are saying that Norman is "close" to Dallas (it's at least 3 hours), but it's about the same distance from Lincoln to Kansas City. Sure, maybe that makes for some fun trips in the spring-summer, but not during football season and not when there is snow on the roads.

I'd also point out that most of Oklahoma's Big 12 conference opponents are to the south, in Texas, or just north, in Kansas. If you go to Nebraska, you have to travel a great distance to the east to play all your Big 10 opponents. And I'd imagine the OKC airport has more flights than the Lincoln airport does.

I'm no fan of either OK or NE, but I could at least see Norman being a more liveable town than Lincoln. I'm sure someone will come on here soon to defend Lincoln, but that's my 2 cents on the issue.

Yeah, I mean we tend to conflate Oklahoma and Nebraska (geographically) because of their rivalry game, but people forget that Kansas is the state in-between OK and NE. So the two campuses are not as close as some think (my family is from Missouri, so I'm familiar with that region of the country).

I know people are saying that Norman is "close" to Dallas (it's at least 3 hours), but it's about the same distance from Lincoln to Kansas City. Sure, maybe that makes for some fun trips in the spring-summer, but not during football season and not when there is snow on the roads.

I'd also point out that most of Oklahoma's Big 12 conference opponents are to the south, in Texas, or just north, in Kansas. If you go to Nebraska, you have to travel a great distance to the east to play all your Big 10 opponents. And I'd imagine the OKC airport has more flights than the Lincoln airport does.

I'm no fan of either OK or NE, but I could at least see Norman being a more liveable town than Lincoln. I'm sure someone will come on here soon to defend Lincoln, but that's my 2 cents on the issue.
I have been to exactly one part of the Plains. I had KU and a hospital in Kansas City as clients. Did one trip to Lawrence and KC a few years back. KC actually was not bad at all. Lawrence was an above average college town. But outside of that I couldn’t tell you the first thing about the plains part of the Midwest or Big 12 country.

It seems like Nebraska is rolling in the money from the Big 10’s tv deal but ****ed themselves by cutting off Texas as prime recruiting territory with the move.

Advertisement
Do you think will try to get him since we were according to everyone on here his second choice or actually his first choice if it wasn’t for moms?
I don’t think so. LB all of a sudden has depth and we don’t really have space in terms of ICs. If the NCAA changes the 25 rule then possibly, **** of a player but another kid that made his decision and has to live with it. Probably ends up at FSU.

Is Norman, OK that much better than Lincoln? Obviously winning helps immensely and having the right coach is part of it, but Oklahoma is recruiting nationally at a VERY a high level.
Oklahoma always has Texas to recruit as a fall back emergency option if national recruting takes a hit. Nebraska doesn’t have that anymore since they left the big 12. And yes Oklahoma is much better then Nebraska, atleast they actually got some things to do in Oklahoma. Lol

College kids aren't driving 3 hours each way to party in Dallas. People say the weirdest ****.

When I was in college, the last thing I wanted to do was get off campus. There was always something to do and new tail to chase. ****, I was more likely to go to another school and party more than head to a massive metropolitan area. Campus was the **** and there's a reason kids hate when the summer shuts it down.
Yeah no way kids take road trips to bigger cities, really really weird. And the athletes are on campus like 11 out of the 12 months of the school year, especially teams like OU football that go deep into the postseason. They're pretty likely to want to get off campus. And in OU's case, about 1/3 of the team is from the DFW area, so they may drive 3 hours each way... weird.

Yeah no way kids take road trips to bigger cities, really really weird. And the athletes are on campus like 11 out of the 12 months of the school year, especially teams like OU football that go deep into the postseason. They're pretty likely to want to get off campus. And in OU's case, about 1/3 of the team is from the DFW area, so they may drive 3 hours each way... weird.

You doubling down or what?

So kids go home. Yet the rest of the year, they're on campus, putting work in, and having fun around campus.

You implied that there's some great draw to Dallas being 3 hours away. That they go there in droves to party, it's the nearest place to be in your mind.

Seems to me, that if Dallas was this mecca then why not just go to Texas. It's closer ya know. Why go all the way to Norman?

Yup, you doubling down.

Advertisement
Back