Keys to Offense against Notre Dame..

If they play their safeties deep in coverage and pick that poison we must make them drink it and choke on it by using our intermediate passing game which has improved a bit.

Whoever mentioned the combination routes earlier was spot on. Cause once Herndon gets catches in the middle of the field that will cause the safeties to focus on him and not on Thomas or whoever will be on the outside.

Advertisement
This might not be a bad game to mix in being a little more deliberate at the LOS. Run up fast, get them to show their look on D, then back off.

Looks to me like part of Rick's master plan was to save as much wear and tear on Rosier as possible in the first 2/3 of the season by not running him all that much. Now, he has Rosier's legs to use much more against the two best teams we face.

Rewatching the game a couple of times it felt that Rosier was saved up to this point. Maybe i am a CMR homer thinking it was coaching, but there was an urgency to get the QB run game rolling and get it going early more so than any previous game.

What I noticed was that Rosier's reads were waaaaayyyyyy better than previous games. It allowed him to be more effective running than he's been all year.

They absolutely unloaded on Homer on a couple of Rosier's fakes. Rosier kept and gained pretty big yards on those reads where they smashed Homer behind the LOS.
ND doesn't play that aggressively in the backfield. They unloaded on Rosier once and got a penalty after a handoff

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The 5 wide will eat this game. I think Donaldson being back is probably the biggest thing that happened last week. Mahoney and Gaynor are not there yet to match up against good DTs.

People were saying WF got alot of yards when they were down. I rewatched that game and they were moving the ball from the start of the game until the end. The two teams put up nearly as many yards as Bedlam. The key to this game is getting points in the redzone, TDs mostly. I realize Richt like to throw deep once we get near midfield. I wanna see more of the wildcat in short yardage

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back