Keys To Beating FSPooh....

Cane4life18

Senior
I know the focus on the board has been primarily set on coach, or corch (whatever floats your boat), Cristobal and TVD. But this week is FSU week, also known as hate week. We have the chance to do something that would send a jolt through CFB and deflate the hopes and aspirations of our greatest rival. Beat FSU.

FSU is planning on humiliating us on Saturday. FSU expects to repeat last year's thumping at Hard Rock. FSU wants to embarrass us in front of 100+ recruits. FSU wants to further asert it's dominance over the state of Florida. FSU wants to take another step toward the CFP. We get the chance to ruin that.

First things first, let's set the tone right with this post: F*** FSU and the moribund fans that follow that trash program.

Offense
- Limit turnovers: FSU's offense will be challenging enough but giving FSU more opportunities to score is asking for trouble. Protect. The. Ball.

- QB has to manage the flow of the game and keep our offense out of trouble.

- If TVD starts he needs to be on a very short leash regardless if he throws an int or not. If TVD becomes gun shy and goes into a shell as a passer he needs to be benched.

- This is strictly my opinion but if a backup qb were to enter the game I would love to see Jacurri be the qb. JB would help with my next point.

- We win if we're able to rush for at least 180yds. Being able to run the ball on FSU will be critical to stopping FSU's offense. The best way to stop a good offense is by having a run game that can eat the clock. Dawson needs to emphasize snapping the ball with 5 or less seconds left. We need to shorten the game. Take FSU's crowd out of the game by forcing them to watch 40+ rush attempts. Bludgeon FSU's front seven.

- Our Oline has to win the line of scrimmage on Saturday. This is the best unit on the team. We need to rely on our Oline to carry us to a win.

- Our WRs need to make plays when they present themselves. We need to set an emphasis on our playaction to play off our running game.

Defense
- Stop the run. I know Keon Coleman gets a lot of attention, deservedly so, but stopping FSU run game needs to be the priority. Expect FSU to run counter early and often to start the game. FSU embarrassed us last year by running counter 27 times.

- I don't think you can stop Jordan Travis but slowing him down and not letting him extend multiple plays is key for our defense.

- Force Travis to rollout to his left as Travis struggles to throw on his left side. Whether that means sending multiple corner cat blitzes on the right or sending an overload blitz off of the RT then do it, just don't let Travis get comfortable.

- Jordan Travis jersey needs to look ugly and dirty at the end of the game. We need to hit Jordan early and often. DON'T LET JORDAN TRAVIS GET COMFORTABLE!!!!

- Our Safeties need to be discipline and perform their primary function: be a safety net for the defense. We can't give up multiple explosive (20yd+) plays and expect to win.

- Limit Coleman's and Wilson's impact on the game. We need to slow Coleman down similarly to the way we slowed down Evan Stewart for 3 and half quarters when we played Texas A&M. Keep coverage over top and play off. Force FSU into taking the short throws. Again, limit the explosives.

- Weathering the storm. It's unrealistic to think we'll stop FSU outright. Our defense needs stay composed when FSU does make a play.

- Create[BGCOLOR=initial] turnovers: This might be the most important key. Give the offense more opportunities to control the clock and score. This also helps with taking the crowd out of the game. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Special Teams[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]- Our punter needs to bring his A game on Saturday. Field position will be very important to our defensive success.[/BGCOLOR]

- Andy needs to hit all of his kicks on Saturday. We can't leave any points on the field. Our offense needs all the support it can get.

- No hiccups by our returners. Protect. The. Ball.

My Prediction
UM 23
FSU 21

Last edited:
Advertisement
My Prediction
UM 23
FSU 21

Andre The Giant Reaction GIF

More bearish on this game than you. Just don't think our Corch has the sack to do what is right--whether because he's a poor executive decision-maker, poor on-field talent evaluator, or just a muppet. Hope they pull out the improbable. Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know the focus on the board has been primarily set on coach, or corch (whatever floats your boat), Cristobal and TVD. But this week is FSU week also known as hate week. We have the chance to do something that would send a jolt through CFB and deflate the hopes and aspirations of our greatest rival. Beat FSU.

FSU is planning on humiliating us on Saturday. FSU expects to repeat last year's thumping at Hard Rock. FSU wants to embarrass us in front of 100+ recruits. FSU wants to further asert it's dominance over the state of Florida. FSU wants to take another step toward the CFP. We get the chance to ruin that.

First things first, let's set the tone right with this post: F*** FSU and the moribund fans that follow that trash program.

Offense
- Limit turnovers: FSU's offense will be challenging enough but giving FSU more opportunities to score is asking for trouble. Protect. The. Ball.

- If TVD starts he needs to be on a very short leash regardless if he throws an int or not. If TVD becomes gun shy and goes into a shell as a passer he needs to be benched.

- This is strictly my opinion but if a backup qb were to enter the game I would love to Jacurri be the qb. JB would help with my next point.

- We win if we're able to rush for at least 180yds. Being able to run the ball on FSU will be critical to stopping FSU's offense. The best way to stop a good offense is by having a run game that can eat the clock. Dawson needs to emphasize snapping the ball with 5 or less seconds left. We need to shorten the game. Take FSU's crowd out of the game by forcing them to watch 40+ rush attempts. Bludgeon FSU's front seven.

- Our Oline has to win the line of scrimmage on Saturday. This is the best unit on the team. We need to rely on our Oline to carry to a win.

- Our WRs need to make plays when they present themselves. We need to set an emphasis on our playaction to play off our running game.

Defense
- Stop the run. I know Keon Coleman gets a lot of attention, deservedly so, but stopping FSU run game needs to be the priority. Expect FSU to run counter early and often to start the game. FSU embarrass us last year by running counter 27 times.

- I don't think you can stop Jordan Travis but slowing him down and not letting him extend multiple plays is key for our defense.

- Force Travis to rollout to his left as Travis struggles to throw on his left side. Whether that means sending multiple corners cat blitzes on the right or sending an overload blitz off of the RT then do it just don't let Travis get comfortable.

- Jordan Travis jersey needs to look ugly and dirty at the end of the game. We need to hit Jordan early and often. DON'T LET JORDAN TRAVIS GET COMFORTABLE!!!!

- Our Safeties need to be discipline and perform their primary function: be a safety net for the defense. We can't give up multiple explosive (20yd+) plays and expect to win.

- Limit Coleman's and Wilson's impact on the game. We need to slow Coleman down similarly to the way we slowed down Evan Stewart for 3 and half quarters when we played Texas A&M. Keep coverage over top and play off. Force FSU into taking the short throws. Again, limit the explosives.

- Weathering the storm. It's unrealistic to think we'll stop FSU outright. Our defense needs stay composed when FSU does make a play.

- Create[BGCOLOR=initial] turnovers: This might be the most important key. Give the offense more opportunities to control the clock and score. This also helps with taking the crowd out of the game. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]- Our punter needs to bring his A game on Saturday. Field position will be very important to our defensive success.[/BGCOLOR]

- Andy needs to hit all of his kicks on Saturday. We can't leave any points on the field. Our offense needs all the support it can get.

My Prediction
UM 23
FSU 21
I am as bearish as possible on this game, but I agree that this is the path to victory.

I'll add one more thing: we need FSU to make some genuinely costly mistakes.

**** FSU sideways.

I know the focus on the board has been primarily set on coach, or corch (whatever floats your boat), Cristobal and TVD. But this week is FSU week also known as hate week. We have the chance to do something that would send a jolt through CFB and deflate the hopes and aspirations of our greatest rival. Beat FSU.

Offense

- This is strictly my opinion but if a backup qb were to enter the game I would love to Jacurri be the qb. JB would help with my next point.

- Our Oline has to win the line of scrimmage on Saturday. This is the best unit on the team. We need to rely on our Oline to carry to a win.

Defense
- Stop the run. I know Keon Coleman gets a lot of attention, deservedly so, but stopping FSU run game needs to be the priority. Expect FSU to run counter early and often to start the game. FSU embarrass us last year by running counter 27 times.

- Force Travis to rollout to his left as Travis struggles to throw on his left side. Whether that means sending multiple corners cat blitzes on the right or sending an overload blitz off of the RT then do it just don't let Travis get comfortable.

My Prediction
UM 23
FSU 21
That is a long a** post when really the main, key is. Don't turn the ball over on offense.

Advertisement
Andre The Giant Reaction GIF

More bearish on this game than you. Just don't think our Corch has the sack to do what is right--whether because he's a poor executive decision-maker, poor on-field talent evaluator, or just a muppet. Hope they pull out the improbable. Go Canes
That's what is going to make Saturday that much sweeter. We celebrate with the tears of FSU fans on Saturday night, brother.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
It’s really not hard to make a game of it.

You know what they are going to do, crash your Maribro formations and drop 7 or 8 when you’re spread out.

Break a few tendencies and throw a few middle screens, hit a TE out the run formations, etc.

On defense, their QB has the most punchable prison ***** face you’ve seen all season, treat him like it.

I know the focus on the board has been primarily set on coach, or corch (whatever floats your boat), Cristobal and TVD. But this week is FSU week, also known as hate week. We have the chance to do something that would send a jolt through CFB and deflate the hopes and aspirations of our greatest rival. Beat FSU.

Offense

- This is strictly my opinion but if a backup qb were to enter the game I would love to see Jacurri be the qb. JB would help with my next point.

- Our Oline has to win the line of scrimmage on Saturday. This is the best unit on the team. We need to rely on our Oline to carry us to a win.

Defense
- Stop the run. I know Keon Coleman gets a lot of attention, deservedly so, but stopping FSU run game needs to be the priority. Expect FSU to run counter early and often to start the game. FSU embarrassed us last year by running counter 27 times.

- Force Travis to rollout to his left as Travis struggles to throw on his left side. Whether that means sending multiple corner cat blitzes on the right or sending an overload blitz off of the RT then do it, just don't let Travis get comfortable.

My Prediction
UM 23
FSU 21
Head Corch
- What ever his initial thought tells him to do, he needs to do the exact opposite

- If the game is close in the 4th quarter, he needs to go into the locker room and watch it on tv.

Advertisement
Back