Keys to a win over Kentucky

Advertisement
Just watched a very informed podcaster who broke down each starting 5 matchup and he has 4 of those 5 matchups in favor of Miami. Of the early wagers most are taking the points. Miami’s experience plays a special part in why there seems to be a lean for Miami.

Miami continues to earn respect and this game among college basketball followers and this game is highly anticipated. Much is still not known about Kentucky and the addition of Matt Cleveland really helps towards that experience factor.
Also we need to silence that crowd early so getting off to a solid beginning is important.

Last edited:
I think its more of whoever makes the schedules/tv pairing miami with kentucky in first place to actually get a premier showcase early in season. Usually we would be paired with like a rutgers in the challenges so they coulda paired us with vanderbilt or something.. and put us on espn ocho..

Wellll...it's the ACC-SEC Challenge now. New creation. And Miami is a Final Four team.

So, yeah, I get your point, but I'm also not going to be too mopey about the past. We are a good team NOW, and that's all I'm going to focus on, for now.

Advertisement
Wellll...it's the ACC-SEC Challenge now. New creation. And Miami is a Final Four team.

So, yeah, I get your point, but I'm also not going to be too mopey about the past. We are a good team NOW, and that's all I'm going to focus on, for now.
Agreed overall but mopey?

I bet we win if we score more points
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Advertisement
Defense defense defense. Slow the ball down. Kentucky loves to run they do not turn the ball over….We must have take a ways. They will score in bunches so Miami’s shooting percentage must be strong.

They are young and not that big so this will be teams that somewhat mirror one another Miami has more experience.

On ESPN in prime time, national visibility against a storybook program at their house. Will the moment be too big for this Miami group.

There’s really no special formula for this specific game. Pressure is the answer - offensively and defensively. A younger and less experienced team that likes to run and are short on discipline is even more susceptible. I believe we can take more than they can give and we can give more than they can take.

It’s not turning this into a rock fight… that isn’t our game.

Ultimately it’s gonna be about who makes shots.

The keys to winning…..coaching. Calipari isn’t familiar with the art of coaching. Elite recruiter, poor x and o’s guy; remind you of anyone?
UK runs no offense. Allow me to expound. UK wants to get steals and defensive rebounds and run. On offense they basically just want to beat you off the dribble and either score or draw and dish to the open shooter. This simplistic approach works against a lot of teams, especially less talented teams, but continually comes up short against really well coached teams.

We have such an advantage in schemes that it is almost ridiculous. UM can lose but we will need to play a poor game. We should win by 6-10.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UK runs no offense. Allow me to expound. UK wants to get steals and defensive rebounds and run. On offense they basically just want to beat you off the dribble and either score or draw and dish to the open shooter. This simplistic approach works against a lot of teams, especially less talented teams, but continually comes up short against really well coached teams.

We have such an advantage in schemes that it is almost ridiculous. UM can lose but we will need to play a poor game. We should win by 6-10.
If we win by one I’ll do the waddle all night long😊

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back