Keys to a win over Kentucky

Pack has led us to lots of huge victories including in the Tournament last year. He had a bad game. He'll bounce back.
I kinda feel the same way tbh, but for *that game*, you could just see that he felt overmatched and just shrank down in the moment. It was obvious. I knew me making that statement about him wouldn't be popular but *for that game* it's the truth of how it went. He's still one of our best players and should bounce back no issue, but I stand by what I said for how he played for the Kentucky game.

Advertisement
I kinda feel the same way tbh, but for *that game*, you could just see that he felt overmatched and just shrank down in the moment. It was obvious. I knew me making that statement about him wouldn't be popular but *for that game* it's the truth of how it went. He's still one of our best players and should bounce back no issue, but I stand by what I said for how he played for the Kentucky game.

From what I could tell, they extended their defense (which, optimally, in a high ball screen offense should create driving lanes to penetrate and finish or find the open man) but Pack couldn’t/didn’t create off of the pressure.

That said, the whole team (minus poplar and Omier to an extent) had a bad night and didn’t do too much well.

Edit: I just went back and rewatched some of the game and I think I might be somewhat wrong with the above. Pack had some poor plays offensively but he wasn’t the biggest problem offensively. He - and pretty much the whole team - was just atrocious defensively. Rewatching part of the game… we missed shots, were sloppy with the ball, and Omier tried to do way too much offensively… but the poor offensive performance was a combination of missing shots, loose handles, not finding the open man, starting to press, etc. I really think the takeaway is more we have to work much harder defensively.

The weirdest thing about the game to me was that Kentucky really outhustled us by a decent margin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back