Key Smith Quit?

Advertisement
That’s been the issue; too many “flash” guys vs. consistent guys. We’ve had more “flashed” guys vs. guys who had NFL written all over them for quite some time. Whether that’s eval, coaching or scheme is no never mind. It needs to stop; & in Key’s case, being that he’s flashed, yet remained inconsistent w/ two different staffs now, I’m led to believe it’s him.
How the f#%k modern nfl offenses get production out of 5’9” white dudes who could only see 4.5 time or less in the 40 if we were talking about shotgunning beers, and we can’t scheme up ways to make these young men successful?

How the f#%k modern nfl offenses get production out of 5’9” white dudes who could only see 4.5 time or less in the 40 if we were talking about shotgunning beers, and we can’t scheme up ways to make these young men successful?
Because the 5'9" white guys that make it to the NFL get in and out of their breaks quickly, catch almost everything and are in the right spot (against both zone and man) when the QB progresses his read to them.

Advertisement
He quit the team dude!! There is no place in the fox hole for quitters!

WTF you expecting the board to do? Start threads begging him to come back to the team or better yet, start a feel sorry for him campaign thread because he’s the dude that went soft and quit on his team in middle of the season? What’s next? A go fund me for players on football scholarships that decided to quit the team mid season?

GTFOOH with that beta nonsense! I wish dude well but good riddance!! Next!!
we don't have the full context on why he quit the team, i wouldn't be so quick so assume its "because he's soft".. & from that tweet from his dad it sounded like he was in a toxic situation..
but regardless of the fact, the point i was making is that he's a talented due & that people shouldn't be so quick to scrap a sophomore for a new shiny toy so quickly.
if you wanna win the argument & have your own opinion then thats fine too i could care less

Advertisement
I really want to know.

How the **** do anyone of you recognize the joke that Gattis is.. but still get mad at a kid.. especially a WR, wanting to leave this trash *** offense?

We have a former Safety coaching the WR and calling plays.

I for one.. don’t blame not one single player wanting to transfer from this abomination.

I thought he had a chance but lacks wiggle. Basically go routes is all he can run and this offense doesn’t fit that. He may find success at another program with an open offense. Probably best for him.

Mario wants nfl style WR who will also block cause of his style of offense

then why are our WR recruits for next year 5'8'' nfl likes 6'+

Advertisement
I do not understand how everyone on the one hand wants Gattis fired yesterday, while on the other hand rips Smith. We had 98 yards of offense yesterday. Only 3 players caught a ball. I cannot blame anyone for wanting out. It’s not about being “soft.” It’s about wanting to go somewhere where you can put yourself in position to get a paycheck at the next level and here ain’t it.

Advertisement
we don't have the full context on why he quit the team, i wouldn't be so quick so assume its "because he's soft".. & from that tweet from his dad it sounded like he was in a toxic situation..
but regardless of the fact, the point i was making is that he's a talented due & that people shouldn't be so quick to scrap a sophomore for a new shiny toy so quickly.
if you wanna win the argument & have your own opinion then thats fine too i could care less
The young man can do whatever he wants to do. It’s his life and his decisions have consequences. Unfortunately for him, he chose to quit on his team in the middle of a football season and he’s going to be labeled as a quitter and rightfully so I ya ask me.

Make all the excuses you want for the dude but at the end of the day, he’s a quitter and quitters quit! Who TF wants to play with a bunch of quitters?

I do not understand how everyone on the one hand wants Gattis fired yesterday, while on the other hand rips Smith. We had 98 yards of offense yesterday. Only 3 players caught a ball. I cannot blame anyone for wanting out. It’s not about being “soft.” It’s about wanting to go somewhere where you can put yourself in position to get a paycheck at the next level and here ain’t it.

I think the level-headed response is no one blames him for "wanting" to leave. **** as a fan I am embarrassed by the product we put on the field. Also I am not in the camp of "he gets paid, he is an adult," if you gave a 5 year old 100k you wouldn't expect him to act any different so why should a 18 year old be different?

However, it is the leaving your teammates out to dry that does not sit well. Everyone is out there getting crushed, but they still show up. Unlikely anyone is showing up for Gattis but they are showing up for one another. Finish the season, then dip.

Where these guys end up will tell us everything we need to know. The quitters like key and thad I think have trouble finding quality homes in the P5

The depth chart for the wr position as it stands today is pretty much how it will look next year. Which, I am ok with and believe there is enough talent in that room to have a good offense under the right leadership.

Advertisement
Back