Key matchups vs. FSU

Good stuff, D. Nnadi (you can throw in Christmas in there, too) will make it very difficult to run inside. I don't think we'll have much success there (heck, we didn't really against Duke). Sweat terrifies me going against McD. I really like our DL vs their OL matchup a lot.

As for other areas, I think they can match up 1x1 against our WRs not named Richards. If I were FSU, I'd double Richards and let Berrios, Harley, Cager beat us. Those 3 guys have struggled getting separation against press coverage this year. I hope we're creative in the passing game.

FSU's defense is pretty tough - Richt is going to have to get creative on offense with misdirections, pace, etc.

No one has covered Berrios this year. We must be watching different games if you think he's had trouble getting open.

Berrios has succeeded mostly against a zone coverage or if someone (safety or nickel) plays off of him like on the seam route against Duke.

Berrios has been open all year, and that'll continue tomorrow. He's playing where he should have been playing all along this year.

Advertisement
One thing that has baffled me is Jersey Mike's KO's, one he puts at the 6 the next is 5yds deep in the end zone, and I don't want any kicks out of bounds, drive the ***ing thing into the stands!

Totally agree with Chise and D$

Gauthier and Donaldson vs FSU's Interior DL is Key. Both of them got worked vs. Duke (especially by #99 ).

If our running game can't get going and FSU can get constant pressure on Rosier, we're in for a long game, especially with how long it seems to take for Richt's passing plays to develop

good stuff as always, D.

i think another one to watch is their big WRs (gavin, tate, campbell) on our DBs. we've pretty much only faced smaller, quicker WRs this year. on the one hand, i think this could tilt in our favor because those smaller, quicker guys (especially toledo, obv) have given us some problems. on the other hand, our DBs haven't had to face WRs yet who can go up and grab jump balls downfield. really, FSU's entire passing game this year has been that. we're gonna see if malek young can still win when the ball is in the air vs receivers who have 5-6 inches on him. i do think that this is could be a favorable matchup for delaney though based on what we've seen from him this year, and i bet we roll dean out there for more snaps than he's played this season combined.

Advertisement
I'm intrigued about the wr's versus their cb. Lot of unproven or inconsistent guys other than the obvious guys.

As for their game plan you'd think they'd double 82 , put best cb on 8 and dare the rest to beat them ( at least to start out). And at this point I don't know if they can consistently win their one on one. I do have confidence in 23 though.

Harley, Thomas or Cager will have to come up big, Cager would be my bet.

Last edited:
Good stuff, D. Nnadi (you can throw in Christmas in there, too) will make it very difficult to run inside. I don't think we'll have much success there (heck, we didn't really against Duke). Sweat terrifies me going against McD. I really like our DL vs their OL matchup a lot.

As for other areas, I think they can match up 1x1 against our WRs not named Richards. If I were FSU, I'd double Richards and let Berrios, Harley, Cager beat us. Those 3 guys have struggled getting separation against press coverage this year. I hope we're creative in the passing game.

FSU's defense is pretty tough - Richt is going to have to get creative on offense with misdirections, pace, etc.

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 11.55.21 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 11.57.38 AM.jpg

Advertisement

agree with your analysis-unfortunately, hoping that Richt will be creative is a pipe dream.

Biggest matchup for me is young King Don against those FSU DTs. He struggled against Puke, and these guys are better than Puke's guys. He's a prideful kid and a quick learner, so I expect him to be better this week.

Good point. That will be fun to watch. It may actually help Donaldson to face bigger guys. His balance isn't all the way there yet, so smaller, quicker guys like Mike Ramsay give him trouble.

Watching Donaldson last Friday reminded me of watching those huge Golden lines with Seantrel, Feliciano and Linder. Little lines like Maryland really gave them headaches.

Donaldson is a freshman, so bad plays will happen, but he can match Nnadi and Christmas physically.

The Joe Vellano game ugh now I'm gonna have a headache.

Btw I agree about Donaldson. His issue is creating space and maintaining half-man leverage in his pass set. He can handle himself physically and has great technique for a true freshman.

I'm also optimistic about the McDermott matchup. Sure he's not a great athlete and has average length but he struggles more with power rushers and guys with inside counter moves imo. A pure speed rusher like Sweat might be manageable for him if he trusts his technique.

I'm more concerned about the predictable scheme and play sequencing than the individual matchups...

EDIT: Berrios has the best separation skills of any WR I've seen this year, but ok...

I'm intrigued about the wr's versus their cb. Lot of unproven or inconsistent guys other than the obvious guys.

As for their game plan you'd think they'd double 82 , put best cb on 8 and dare the rest to beat them ( at least to start out). And at this point I don't know if they can consistently win their one on one. I do have confidence in 23 though.

do not forget Herndon and Walton wo was a beast on receptions last weekend. I guess you take what they give you when you have all the weapons we have,

I have no doubt we will play really physical against this team. If you were watching the Duke game when it was basically over and we were on D, two of the loudest thumps were made by Jennings and Carter. We probably will wear them down. I just hope they don't get any easy scores like ST or defensive turnover returns. Rosier is a Sr. Really since he redshirted. He has made the right decisions up to this point. Athletically we haven't played anyone as good as FSU, but they always seems out of sorts and Toledo and Duke are more disciplined and better coached right now. I think we can hold them to 10 points, if we play disciplined. It would only be right we end their winning streak in Tally. We have the right personalities from the coaches down to the players to do it. I don't think the past few years we really believed we could beat them, even though we usually play well and hard against them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

do not forget Herndon and Walton wo was a beast on receptions last weekend. I guess you take what they give you when you have all the weapons we have,

I mentioned 23.

I just hope Walton can play close to 100% , he's so huge to our offense. Run and pass.

I mentioned 23.

I just hope Walton can play close to 100% , he's so huge to our offense. Run and pass.

Lack of reading comprehension, my bad. They cannot stop all of the weapons, let's hope Malik's decisions are good.

View attachment 51165

View attachment 51166

Yes, you didn't read my post correctly. When faced with press man, they've struggled, not when the defense is playing zone or with cushion. The 2 catches you point to were in a zone or non-press man.

Advertisement
This game is all on Richt.

They have a TF QB making his 3rd start, their OL is decimated & they're not actually playing for anything.

Kirby Smart has been kicking *** & taking names with a TF QB, a team half full of Richt recruits & beat ND in their house.

34 year old Lincoln Riley marched into the Horseshoe & slapped around Urban Liar, for perspective, Coach Richt has been coaching for 32 years.

Dave Doeren just beat'em at Doak, Wake **** near got'em too, anybody wanna dare say NC St & Wake are better than Miami?

Point being, Richt has an illustrious record with a phenomenal winning percentage, but he's struggled in big games. This will be the easiest big game he's ever had to Coach, need to get that Big Game monkey off his back & this is the perfect situation for it.

Don't care how ferocious FSU's Defense is, NC State had no problem figuring them out, Bama beat them with Calvin Ridley by himself, Petrino's overrated *** cracked their skull open last year, **** even Herman with mediocre G5 3-star talent at HTown whipped their ***.

I'm not saying their Defense sucks, what I'm saying is, a lot of other teams figured out how to move the ball with ease against their highly ranked athletic Defense. Their are no more excuses for Richt, don't care about OL or whatever limitations, figure it out & beat'em.

They are not impossible to beat, we've seen a bunch of other teams do it over the last 2 years, we shouldn't be the only team that can't beat them, rivarly be damned.

I trust & believe in this staff & think they'll get it done, I'm not giving FSU too much credit, Canes win 37-20.

Last edited:
Jizzbo gets way to much credit around here. He had Winston & Cook. No ******* kidding they were good. Golden would have been.

I trust & believe in this staff & think they'll get it done, I'm not giving FSU too much credit, Canes win 37-20.

Well put! Idiots were sh*tting on me all week for saying Canes 31-13. You're right on the same money as me, I'm more worried about Vag Tech than this game. Our team needs to chill and play to their ability, we'll be fine.

No one has covered Berrios this year. We must be watching different games if you think he's had trouble getting open.

Berrios has succeeded mostly against a zone coverage or if someone (safety or nickel) plays off of him like on the seam route against Duke.

Time for Chris Herndon to make some NFL money.

Advertisement
Back