Key Factors to the Louisville game

I really like the over in this game. As much as we’d love for it to not happen, you just gotta think the defense is just a tick less intense than it was last week. If Manny is a good coach, he can still make the unit successful overall, but it’ll be hard to match that intensity we saw a week ago. I think Louisville will score some points, as you correctly pointed out all their best players are on that side and Satterfield is slick. I expect them to score a couple times. And on offense, I don’t think even Enos can stop our offense against these dudes. They are BAD on that side. I think the overall talent and improvement in penalties/the OL will keep Miami ahead of the chains all day and I expect at least 30 points. Minimum.

The total is only 49. I can see this as a 31-24 game easily.

I just don't see them putting up 24 on us... I think we keep them under 20. A lot of defensive leaders in their last game at the Rock.... I am hoping that lights a fire.

If our offense doesn't put up 21+ then we do not deserve to win and we will see more banner threads from the dingbats on here.

Advertisement
Much like the key to last week was to stop Akers, the key to this week is to stop Hawkins. Last week's aerial threat was Terry, this week's is Atwell.

The difference is they have mobile quarterbacks. Hornibrook was a statue.

Hit him hard enough when he leaves the pocket and he wont be a running threat. I'd he willing to concede a few yards early in the game just to give a Miami defender a running start to light him up. It's hard for a QB to scramble when he's coughing up blood.

agree 100% this is way more about the O this game. We knew FSU offense was utter garbage and the D had to exploit...they did.
Flip the script here...I think the D will get gashed at times and we are simply going to have to keep up.
this game is on Enos...win or lose.
Agree, dominate with defense , exploit with offense.

Blades can stick Fitzpatrick, Ivey I'm not so certain can, especially on the Deep ball.
If ivey is covering him most likely he will have gurvan shading his side. I would expect to see alot of amari carter this game playing in the box covering short area and stopping Hawkins. Diaz has definitely taken over. I wanna see miami run the ball on Louisville and dominate to me once Miami starts dominating run game that's when I will trust butch barry. Enos is on thin ice with me personally

Advertisement
Much like the key to last week was to stop Akers, the key to this week is to stop Hawkins. Last week's aerial threat was Terry, this week's is Atwell.

The difference is they have mobile quarterbacks. Hornibrook was a statue.
I'm more worried about atwell than I was of terry. This game can be very personal towards atwell and on top of that atwell is much more of a threat to our defense than terry was. Bandy is gonna have to cover him all game

If ivey is covering him most likely he will have gurvan shading his side. I would expect to see alot of amari carter this game playing in the box covering short area and stopping Hawkins. Diaz has definitely taken over. I wanna see miami run the ball on Louisville and dominate to me once Miami starts dominating run game that's when I will trust butch barry. Enos is on thin ice with me personally
That should be the game plan, play a lot of Double High with Gurvan & Knowles & allow Rome Finley, Amari, Shaq & Pinck to patrol the underneath routes & contain the run game. Don't leave any CB out on an Island, Cover 3,4 & 6 these fools to death.

Advertisement
That should be the game plan, play a lot of Double High with Gurvan & Knowles & allow Rome Finley, Amari, Shaq & Pinck to patrol the underneath routes & contain the run game. Don't leave any CB out on an Island, Cover 3,4 & 6 these fools to death.
I expect us to play a game defensively alot like we played fsu. I'm hoping to see alot of keontra Smith really excited about the kid to me he is jaquan 2.0 but faster

I just don't see them putting up 24 on us... I think we keep them under 20. A lot of defensive leaders in their last game at the Rock.... I am hoping that lights a fire.

If our offense doesn't put up 21+ then we do not deserve to win and we will see more banner threads from the dingbats on here.

People who realize Manny is a clown are dingbats? Good lord.

To be honest, I think this is probably the worst Cane team since 2007.

El:

Agreed.

My 2 cents:

First, I'd much rather go against a defense that is poor against the run, than one who is poor against the pass, (if I had my choice). probably 98% of coaches would say the same thing, no matter what type of offense they run. fortunately, these guys are bad a both. no excuse not to put on points. and if enos wants to play ball control, no excuse not to do that either. nothing more fun for me as a QB than turning around, and handing the ball off to the TB and watch him scoot down the field at 5 yards a pop. Those were the games I didn't even need to shower afterwards.

Second, on defense. Don't miss tackles in the gaps at the LOS and hold your edges. Then, on third down if they want to go 3 step and run a lot of quick passing concepts, ok. Let's get in their face with a lot of man under, put 15 and the tall guys inside to clutter passing lanes, and let's see how that works out for them. Third down is key: Tackle well, no stupid penalties, and get off the field. But all in all, if we're seeing guys in their receivers faces, maintaining the edges, and no YAC, it means we're doing ok.
Containment and delayed A gap blitzes should put the kibosh on the QB scramble/runs.

Advertisement
Precisely.

LVille's QB is not gonna sit in the pocket & let Rousseau, Hill, Ford, Nesta & the boys get after him all day, he's gonna take off & run the ball.

Also Satterfield is gonna Short pass us to death to neutralize the pass rush, screen game all day.

If I'm Diaz, I'm having Pinckney spy on their QB all game long to keep him from escaping when the pocket breaks down.

Satterfield said exactly this in his weekly press conference. He's going to try quick pass, screen, and QB draw us to death.

We need a couple of their impending holds on our DEs to be called and then the defense will smell blood and frenzy.

Please, please, please Enos pass the ball to the RBs out of the backfield. Keep the screens but infuse regular swing passes into the flat for Cam and Deejay. **** even a well timed and schemed wheel route.

Advertisement
Hit him hard enough when he leaves the pocket and he wont be a running threat. I'd he willing to concede a few yards early in the game just to give a Miami defender a running start to light him up. It's hard for a QB to scramble when he's coughing up blood.

You this akers last week too, you could tell by the end of the game he was tired of getting hit. Cam cat, ok lol

Hopefully the offense keeps improving. Enos has been awful this year.

Last edited:
The 2-Back Pistol Tri keeper is what scares me the most. They’re opportunistic with it. They will run dual crossing Counters, pull or slant their blocking to make it look like a run, and then have the option of throwing or keeping.

That happens with a lot of different offenses. But, most of them don’t have UL’s speed or execution, and... we don’t always account for the quarterback. They scored late against Wake with a very nice play out of this formation. Hurt UVA with it too. We stopped FSU on the fourth and one against a similar look. But, we did not account for the quarterback.

UL runs this more frequently than others.

We must key the quarterback and the running back EVERY play - they may complete a few deep balls. But, they’re not going to win games if they can’t run. We must attack the run game and any quarterback option they may have on any given play.

Stop the Run. Ballgame.

Advertisement
Back