Key Factors to the Louisville game

Advertisement
It’s gonna be a good game, it just sucks nobody is gonna watch it cause Bama/LSU kicks off at the same time.

On offense we should have a huge advantage vs Louisville, they are legit the worst Defense we'll play this season.

- Louisville is ranked 101st in Total Defense, 106th in Pass Defense (89th in Pass Defense efficiency), 60th in teams sacks with just 18 on the season, 68th in TFL's & 87th in Run Defense.

- Vs Notre Dame they gave up 423yds (230yds rushing)
- Vs FSU they gave up 522yds (382yds passing)
- Vs BC they gave up 563yds (259yds rushing)
- Vs Wake Forest they gave up 668yds (423 passing & 245 rushing)
- Vs Clemson they gave up 551yds (298yds rushing)
- Vs UVA they gave up 311yds

What that means, they suck BAAAAADDDD. So, Enos has another opportunity to exploit a really bad Defense, but with LVille they don't have the same caliber of talent that FSU has which means there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for not carving this god awful Defense up.

Enos hopefully sticks with going more Gun & utilizing the RPO, there's so much film of this Defense getting shredded all over the field with multiple concepts you'd be hard pressed to find an OC that doesn't salivate at the thought of scheming up some big chunk yard plays vs this team. JT4, Wiggins, Deejay & company should all have a big game. They don't stop the run, or the pass or rush the passer at all, LIGHT THESE BIRDS UP Enos!

Defense:

Their best playmaker is my jit Tutu Atwell, he's their best WR & they get him the ball in various ways, he has 41rec 668yds & 7TD's. They will utilize his speed to their advantage & try to get him in one on one matchups with LB's & Safeties.

Javian Hawkins is a very good & explosive RB as well, he's got 887yds & 6TD's on the season, he may be the most dangerous RB we've faced this season, they will get him the ball in the screen game & run the ball with him a lot going with cut back zones & misdirections trying to force our LB's to over pursue.

Dez Fitzpatrick is a good WR too, I would match him up with Blades all game because I think he's a bad matchup for Ivey. He's a Deep threat WR on the long ball, we better have Safety help over top with this kid & play a lot of Double High to contain them from stretching the field.

They have a good Offense & Satterfield is a good coach, he's gonna throw the kitchen sink at Manny/Baker, our Defense needs to play smart discipline football in order to slow them down, don't get too cute with exotic Blitzes because LVille's QB Micale Cunningham will run the ball a lot (think Va Tech game except better players). They're going to try to use their speed & go with the Quick passing attack to slow down our pass rush, Defense needs to force turnovers & get off the field on 3rd downs.

We can definitely beat Louisville if we get an early lead & apply pressure on them, if we play sluggish & don't put up points & allow them to hang around all game long we'll be in danger.

Last week I felt the Defense had to put the game on their shoulders & win it, they did just that. This week I feel our Offense has such a huge advantage going up against their weak Defense that they should handle their business & give us an early lead allowing our Defense to play more comfortable & pin their ears back.

To me, it's on Enos & the Offense to put us in position to win, not saying the Defense bares no responsibility, but their offense matches up with our Defense, but their Defense is no match whatsoever for our Offense.
One of the better post i have read this year...bravo OP

Advertisement
If our defense keeps this Louisville team under 21 points, that's pretty **** good. They are well coached, fast, and get chunk plays.

That defense is a whole other story. If we can't manage at least 24 points on this defense, Enos and the offense are completely eating ****.
Yup, they do one thing well & that's score points.

They average 32.8 points per game & have only been held to below 20 points just twice all season, vs Notre Dame & Clemson.

If we hold them to 20-24 points, that would be a success by our Defense.

This game comes down to how our guys handle success. They played their most complete game of the year last week against a rival. It would be really easy to slip up this week against a well coached Louisville team.

I want to see our guys come out with confidence that has been building through out the past few games. But the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this team can be maddening. All it takes is a having a half like the GT second half to kill all the good mojo.

We need to start fast and keep the pedal down. Louisville with their chunk play ability can catch up in a hurry if the defense has lapses.

The 2-Back Pistol Tri keeper is what scares me the most. They’re opportunistic with it. They will run dual crossing Counters, pull or slant their blocking to make it look like a run, and then have the option of throwing or keeping.

That happens with a lot of different offenses. But, most of them don’t have UL’s speed or execution, and... we don’t always account for the quarterback. They scored late against Wake with a very nice play out of this formation. Hurt UVA with it too. We stopped FSU on the fourth and one against a similar look. But, we did not account for the quarterback.

UL runs this more frequently than others.

We must key the quarterback and the running back EVERY play - they may complete a few deep balls. But, they’re not going to win games if they can’t run. We must attack the run game and any quarterback option they may have on any given play.

Stop the Run. Ballgame.
Very well said.

I said it earlier in the thread, if I'm Diaz I'm keeping Pinckney as a Spy on Cunningham all game long, instead of Blitzing him like crazy like we usually do, I'd just have him watch the QB on every single play & wherever he goes follow him.

This is one of the games where I'd like to see our Defense drop 7 in coverage, we should playing Cover 3, Cover 4 & Cover 6 a lot, if we Blitz the crap out of them like we normally do Satterfield is going to make us pay for it. He's gonna do exactly what Va Tech did, except it will be with faster athletes.

This may be the game where Nesta, Ford & Bethel will be even more impactful than ever because if they can get early push upfront & disrupt those running lanes we can keep their run game off rhythm, we want them at 3rd & long for most of the game, because in short yardage situations they have too many options to go to in order to get 1st downs.

We're gonna need the Turnover chain to make an appearance at least twice this game.

This game will be a great barometer of growth for the offense and defense.

We need to show growth in our ability to have success on second down to create better opportunities if need on 3rd.

This feels like a game that sour offense will try to control the clock so 2nd and 3rd loom large. I think we dink, dunk, run through 12 and gradually turn this to big play play actions and variations of short yardage plays that open up intermediate/deep routes.

I fully expect:

150 from Deejay
75 from Cam
50 from Jarren

I like JT, KJ and Noodles to hit a lot on the shorter routes and the the former hitting on the deep hits with Dee carrying the trend over from the FSU game.

Big games for JT and Noodles.

Should be an opportunity also to square up in the red zone and get some simple but effective plays there for TDs.

42 for the offense.

The defense has a chance to struggle if Lou does what VT did, which, if I’m an OC is the game I’m watching on UM. We’ve notoriously struggle with DT qbs.

this is where Baker/Diaz have to grow this defense.
I want to see Romeo/Frierson tracking the QB all game to help the defense work in the lanes they thrive in.

If not there QB will eat us alive. Alternatively, if they watch our VT game we need to watch the VA game.

Good coverage lets the pocket collapse, shrink run lanes for QB and allows the Dline to eat.

I think we see that early but we let Louisville back in it after half. Not too much tho.

Shaq 12 tackles 3tfl
Romeo/Gil 12/4
Rousseau 2 sacks 8 tackles 3 Tfl
Garvin 3 sacks 6 tackles 4tfl
Ford/Nesta 2.5 sacks 6 tfl
Ivey INT
Bandy FF/FR
Gurvan Hall 11 tackles INT

Louisville 24

Advertisement
Yes, playing well early is the key. Please no muffed punts, pick 6s, fumbles at our own goal, or other crap that puts us in a hole. Otherwise I think we should be OK.
Well ****. You got the game plan in front of you. Captain Obvious

On offense we should have a huge advantage vs Louisville, they are legit the worst Defense we'll play this season.

- Louisville is ranked 101st in Total Defense, 106th in Pass Defense (89th in Pass Defense efficiency), 60th in teams sacks with just 18 on the season, 68th in TFL's & 87th in Run Defense.

What that means, they suck BAAAAADDDD. So, Enos has another opportunity to exploit a really bad Defense, but with LVille they don't have the same caliber of talent that FSU has which means there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for not carving this god awful Defense up.

Enos hopefully sticks with going more Gun & utilizing the RPO, there's so much film of this Defense getting shredded all over the field with multiple concepts you'd be hard pressed to find an OC that doesn't salivate at the thought of scheming up some big chunk yard plays vs this team. JT4, Wiggins, Deejay & company should all have a big game. They don't stop the run, or the pass or rush the passer at all, LIGHT THESE BIRDS UP Enos!

Defense:

Their best playmaker is my jit Tutu Atwell, he's their best WR & they get him the ball in various ways, he has 41rec 668yds & 7TD's. They will utilize his speed to their advantage & try to get him in one on one matchups with LB's & Safeties.

Javian Hawkins is a very good & explosive RB as well, he's got 887yds & 6TD's on the season, he may be the most dangerous RB we've faced this season, they will get him the ball in the screen game & run the ball with him a lot going with cut back zones & misdirections trying to force our LB's to over pursue.

Dez Fitzpatrick is a good WR too, I would match him up with Blades all game because I think he's a bad matchup for Ivey. He's a Deep threat WR on the long ball, we better have Safety help over top with this kid & play a lot of Double High to contain them from stretching the field.

They have a good Offense & Satterfield is a good coach, he's gonna throw the kitchen sink at Manny/Baker, our Defense needs to play smart discipline football in order to slow them down, don't get too cute with exotic Blitzes because LVille's QB Micale Cunningham will run the ball a lot (think Va Tech game except better players). They're going to try to use their speed & go with the Quick passing attack to slow down our pass rush, Defense needs to force turnovers & get off the field on 3rd downs.

We can definitely beat Louisville if we get an early lead & apply pressure on them, if we play sluggish & don't put up points & allow them to hang around all game long we'll be in danger.

Last week I felt the Defense had to put the game on their shoulders & win it, they did just that. This week I feel our Offense has such a huge advantage going up against their weak Defense that they should handle their business & give us an early lead allowing our Defense to play more comfortable & pin their ears back.

To me, it's on Enos & the Offense to put us in position to win, not saying the Defense bares no responsibility, but their offense matches up with our Defense, but their Defense is no match whatsoever for our Offense.

You'll excuse me if this doesn't put my mind at ease.

Very well said.

I said it earlier in the thread, if I'm Diaz I'm keeping Pinckney as a Spy on Cunningham all game long, instead of Blitzing him like crazy like we usually do, I'd just have him watch the QB on every single play & wherever he goes follow him.

This is one of the games where I'd like to see our Defense drop 7 in coverage, we should playing Cover 3, Cover 4 & Cover 6 a lot, if we Blitz the crap out of them like we normally do Satterfield is going to make us pay for it. He's gonna do exactly what Va Tech did, except it will be with faster athletes.

This may be the game where Nesta, Ford & Bethel will be even more impactful than ever because if they can get early push upfront & disrupt those running lanes we can keep their run game off rhythm, we want them at 3rd & long for most of the game, because in short yardage situations they have too many options to go to in order to get 1st downs.

We're gonna need the Turnover chain to make an appearance at least twice this game.

Yes and yes.

Definitely need an inside push all game from our DTs. Have to disrupt their Tri PA game/reads, and force the action on their decisions. Get him scrambling and not reading the defense For over the top opportunities.

Advertisement
You'll excuse me if this doesn't put my mind at ease.
Lol, he needs to earn his paycheck somehow...

The man is getting paid $1million dollars to be the OC, if he can't scheme up points & 350-400+ yards on the 101st ranked Defense then he needs to pack his bags & head back to East Lansing.

There's not a single excuse for our Offense not performing at a high level tomorrow.

The same offense from app state w Louisville players...bet we gotta come out fast though fellas.. score first three or four drives. .

Lol, he needs to earn his paycheck somehow...

The man is getting paid $1million dollars to be the OC, if he can't scheme up points & 350-400+ yards on the 101st ranked Defense then he needs to pack his bags & head back to East Lansing.

There's not a single excuse for our Offense not performing at a high level tomorrow.
Miami has 2 huge problems on offense that have not improved all year.... 3rd downs and red zone. they beat the noles but were still only 3-15 on 3rd downs.

Miami is DEAD LAST at #130 with a 3rd down conversion percentage of .263 ..... that is total horse****

Advertisement

Defense:

Huge fan of this breakdown, but it scares me at the same time.

Go Canes!

Think Hawkins is more dangerous than Akers?

I really like the over in this game. As much as we’d love for it to not happen, you just gotta think the defense is just a tick less intense than it was last week. If Manny is a good coach, he can still make the unit successful overall, but it’ll be hard to match that intensity we saw a week ago. I think Louisville will score some points, as you correctly pointed out all their best players are on that side and Satterfield is slick. I expect them to score a couple times. And on offense, I don’t think even Enos can stop our offense against these dudes. They are BAD on that side. I think the overall talent and improvement in penalties/the OL will keep Miami ahead of the chains all day and I expect at least 30 points. Minimum.

The total is only 49. I can see this as a 31-24 game easily.

If this was any regular week against this same Louisville squad I would agree...However, I'd be surprised if the defense came out any less intense considering it's Senior Week and our last home game of the year. I'd be very disappointed if our Seniors on defense didn't make sure every player on their squad is rev'd up.

Advertisement
Back