Key Factor to our Success

Advertisement
Reg, I think you are spot on as any football fan let alone UM fan could clearly see what you are pointing out. I think the lack of energy, passion and enthusiasm was painfully obvious, but I also think there was another key missing emotional ingredient especially with our Offense -- Confidence. They not only played in listless fashion, but they looked so scared, tentative and unsure of themselves. There was absolutely no confidence in the eyes of the Offensive players that they were going to destroy the other team's Defense.

And that was especially obvious with the QBs and OLine hence the putrid productivity of both. It's like they played afraid to fail. The Defense, he let Manny unleash those guys, but the Offense was kept on a short, tightly-controlled leash. Emotionless, tentative mindset and then no daring, innovative schemes.... Hence our offensive productivity woes.

Football has to be played at a level of mild insanity. Richt is a good man but his philosophy neutered the Offense. I trust that Manny and Enos will have the Offense playing with as much tenacity and boldness as the Defense, because a mindset change will be paramount before we even begin to establish innovative schemes.

It's more contagious than the common cold. It's also more contagious than any STD. In order to catch a cold, you have to be near another person with a cold. In order to get an STD, you have to engage in some form of ***, which means over half of this board will never have to worry about this issue. This key factor that I am talking about that is more contagious than anything else, is ENERGY!

IMO, energy is one of the most glaring differences between Richt and Diaz. One can make the argument that we had a lot more talent on offense than we did on defense last year, yet one clearly had more success than the other. Of course, scheme played a huge role, but I submit that energy, or the lack thereof, played an even bigger role. Our defense played with fire, passion, and urgency because that's the type of energy that was transferred to them from the HC of the defense, Diaz. On the other hand, our offense looked completely lifeless, went through the motions, and had a lethargic vibe, because that's the energy that was transferred to them by Richt.

Several times, during every game, regardless of the score, you would see Diaz fired up on the sidelines....jumping in players/coaches arms, running up and down the sideline, coming 5 yards on the field to give each player on defense a high five after a major stop on a third or fourth down. The players fed off of that energy like a fat infant on Dolly Parton's ****. Conversely, Richt looked like a manikin with a headset, in which our offensive players played like they were receiving orders from a sloth. Richt looked so lifeless, the fan base actually got excited because we saw him say "f'ucker" during one game and bumped a referee in another. ****!

The point of the thread is not to bash Richt, but instead, to point out the stark difference between Richt and Diaz energy, and how I think it will play a huge role in our program moving forward. Diaz intensity will spread throughout the entire program, which will put is on the fast track of being back at the top of the college football world!
Outstanding overview! Thank you!!

Reg, I think you are spot on as any football fan let alone UM fan could clearly see what you are pointing out. I think the lack of energy, passion and enthusiasm was painfully obvious, but I also think there was another key missing emotional ingredient especially with our Offense -- Confidence. They not only played in listless fashion, but they looked so scared, tentative and unsure of themselves. There was absolutely no confidence in the eyes of the Offensive players that they were going to destroy the other team's Defense.

And that was especially obvious with the QBs and OLine hence the putrid productivity of both. It's like they played afraid to fail. The Defense, he let Manny unleash those guys, but the Offense was kept on a short, tightly-controlled leash. Emotionless, tentative mindset and then no daring, innovative schemes.... Hence our offensive productivity woes.

Football has to be played at a level of mild insanity. Richt is a good man but his philosophy neutered the Offense. I trust that Manny and Enos will have the Offense playing with as much tenacity and boldness as the Defense, because a mindset change will be paramount before we even begin to establish innovative schemes.
Excellent points! Let's see what Manny & Enos do with the product on the field. I am cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement

There's no doubt in my mind that our playmakers were not only hampered by the play calling, but their confidence was muzzled as well. Jeff Thomas being back on the team, in my opinion, is a great example of the different mindset that comes with Diaz being at the helm.

Advertisement
The energy thing might be overrated. Urban Meyer is a statue with the personality of a pencil.

Every coach has their own personality it’s just about execution of their plan.

It’s definitely more fun to win with an energetic guy leading though.

Advertisement
Lmao. I’ve made countless posts during the season as to my biggest issue with Richt wasn’t scheme, but lack of energy. Even though there were only 6 plays if there were any energy displayed the talent would have masked the archaic plays and we would have score more points. Energy will pick up where plays can’t. There will be games where Enos will get out coached so at that point the will (energy) to win will decide the outcome.
Disagree. You coulda given the offense intravenous meth in between each series, and the other team would still have known the play pre snap.

Not saying energy isn’t important, just saying that it couldn’t have masked the offenses issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back