Key Busters

Like Rosier hasn't missed guys running alone downfield before.

I don't deny that at all. I don't want Rosier to ever take a snap at Miami again but he could probably even make that throw more times than not even if the player would have to sometimes dive for the ball. Now hitting the guy in stride on that play may be asking too much of Rosier but at least we could get a first down, maybe?

Advertisement
I don't deny that at all. I don't want Rosier to ever take a snap at Miami again but he could probably even make that throw more times than not even if the player would have to sometimes dive for the ball. Now hitting the guy in stride on that play may be asking too much of Rosier but at least we could get a first down, maybe?

Lol. I'd like to think so but Jeff Thomas may have a different opinion on Rosier's ability to hit anybody running freely downfield uncovered.

The #1 area of diversification that richt needs imo. The run game. That look would constitute as an aspect sure.

This is an offensive line that needs a competitive advantage because it will never be an advantage simply lining up those 5.

Need to really incorporate as much things like misdirection, varied run archetypes as they can. Build from there.

Still waiting for deejay to throw it from the wildcat once in my lifetime too. I mean he was a high school qb.

The #1 area of diversification that richt needs imo. The run game. That look would constitute as an aspect sure.

This is an offensive line that needs a competitive advantage because it will never be an advantage simply lining up those 5.

Need to really incorporate as much things like misdirection, varied run archetypes as they can. Build from there.

Still waiting for deejay to throw it from the wildcat once in my lifetime too. I mean he was a high school qb.
Same. Saw him make decent throws on his film.

Roman, have you seen any reason why it seems the offense struggles to get favorable match-ups between our skill position players and the opponent's LBs?

Here are two plays: The first play the Rams were able to get Kupp matched up with a LB (Barr I believe) for a big play and the second one is Gurley getting matched up with a LB (Barr again I believe).

ezgif.com_optimize__93_.jpg

ezgif.com_optimize__97_.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Keep preaching to the choir, my man. Church.

Kaaya was slow as molasses, but man he was an underrated passer who understood his personnel and knew how to read defenses pre-snap. Richt just tried to fit him into an offense that didn't match his skill set.

:37 and 1:44 were just beautifully executed.

Wouldn't lose a game, like fa real.

OU has a player similar to Jeff Thomas, Marquis "Hollywoood" Brown.

Brown has played 5 games this year, 33 catches 675 yards
Jeff Thomas has played 7 games, 17 catches 401 yards

Riley gets it to him in space in a variety of ways, it fun to watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rosier would sail that pass into the safety's hands.

Perry would check out of that play for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Oh my bad, I thought this was the official overreaction thread.

Nah, we would just run it for a 1 yard gain after Baloney gets blown up or gets pushed back by the NT as he bull rushes and puts Gauthier on roller skates..

Roman, have you seen any reason why it seems the offense struggles to get favorable match-ups between our skill position players and the opponent's LBs?

Here are two plays: The first play the Rams were able to get Kupp matched up with a LB (Barr I believe) for a big play and the second one is Gurley getting matched up with a LB (Barr again I believe).

ezgif.com_optimize__93_.jpg

ezgif.com_optimize__97_.jpg

Miami ran a double dagger concept vs FSU for a go ahead TD to Brevin. They ended up getting Brevin iso with a LB playing man 1. That was an example of isolating on a linebacker that I praised.

The top concept shows a nice wrinkle on an over concept. The funny thing is Miami runs a play similar to this. A pitchfork over concept. The field #2 however is running a drag and up. (That is the wrinkle) The tight concept aspect of it was countered by the vikings going heavy in the box with a backside cover 1 man.

Good scout. Good look. Good design. That is a shock play drawn up in advance. My guess was because they probably knew how the Vikings like to combat that tight look. Little coverage bust. Didn't help that two defenders went to the HB. Plus play needs time. Does this offensive line give you that time?

Nothing fancy about the bottom. Viking's got caught bracketing the 3 side to the field with the opposite side boundary safety. When the safety vacates the # 1 look is taken away and the QB does a great job of throwing them where they aint. HB is one on one and takes the lb's cookies.

Actually I really like this wrinkle in the boundary for the Canes. Richt runs a TON of bang 8/ flat concepts with the X and HB. Something like that could combat the tenancy.

Advertisement
Back