Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Advertisement
w strong - Mario could have made him the DC and not Steele. wasn't like strong wasn't available. he chose to put him as a position coach same w many other college programs looking for a DC last year. strong as a DC is a hard pass and Mario thought so too last year. he pulled Steele from UMD. id like Leonhard even if its for a rental. have him bring his guys here and maybe you keep one of his proteges and promote them up. gotta look towards the future imo.

That’s likely
Lol
Screenshot_20230205-132016_Chrome.jpg

But tell me, that's the worst case scenario, right?

Advertisement
Mario is probably contemplating offering Jason Candle both OC and DC positions along with an AHC title. Still working on Mrs. Mario to agree to a vow renewal ceremony so as he can offer Candle the Best Man spot there too. Nobody tell Luis!!!

This will probably be the top choice for Mario, worked together at FIU, good coordinator. Makes too much sense.

He also a great recruiter. He convinced Jahmyr Gibbs to go to GT when everyone in the nation was after him, and this was while he was still overhauling the mess of a OL that Paul Johnson recruited for his triple option.

At the end of the day, Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong have forgotten more football than I could ever know. But, if you have an opportunity to upgrade, why not?

Plus, as mentioned, Geoff Collins worked for Mario before. He was a DC at FIU before eventually moving on to lead top 10 SEC defenses

I feel they need to bring in a young guy. I don't think the old school guys related well to the staff or players down here. Not to mention the media😖😖😖

Advertisement
Would like Steele to stay, so there's stability and not dealing with two new coordinators. That said, shouldn't be as hard finding a DC . . . As for Steele being a clown and no great loss, then tell that to Saban. They've worked together and presumably Saban can get anyone he wants.

I shouldn’t have even made the comment because Steele is still the DC. That’s just my opinion. Maybe Strong stays co dc and they bring somebody else in to be the play caller.
Now it's gonna be a ton of busted coverages again this year too because players will be struggling to learn a new system lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cross posting because, well, yeah…

miami fans- we don’t want candle, Toledo fans are glad he might be leaving as proof we are right…AND NOTRE DAME HAPPY TO TAKE HIM

miami fans also- we don’t want Steele, alabama with the best coach in history wants him but we are right

Just added one extra bit...

Advertisement
Back