Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Advertisement
Pruitt has to be toxic if Bama apparently doesn't want to hire him - he is a great defensive mind. Zero shot he comes here.

Doug Belk who maybe was a candidate last year isn't as hot this year. Who knows what we do if go for an outside hire.

Addressed. Keep mental health out of it.

Duly noted although my litigation team might contend that the reference was in relation to Rees being born to unwed parents and/or being a generally unpleasant individual.

Kudos to Isnitchin though. The power of the "cc:" is usually just utilized by Karens on the NextDoor app. Way to broaden its deployment!

Yeah Steele threw all those awful picks and spotted MTSu 21 points

Also steele was the one making mental errors and busting coverage. At some point y’all have to put blame on the sorry *** players we had last year
One reason I’m willing to see a year two of Steele is dude always took accountability for his defense, no excuses, no throwing kids under the bus, owned that it wasn’t good enough and needed to be fixed. Feel like he got through to Kam after some big busts early in the season and he turned into an all American. The talent in being upgraded and I feel like year 2 will be much better.

Duly noted although my litigation team might contend that the reference was in relation to Rees being born to unwed parents and/or being a generally unpleasant individual.

Kudos to Isnitchin though. The power of the "cc:" is usually just utilized by Karens on the NextDoor app. Way to broaden its deployment!
It’s not personal, just responding to the @. We started deleting out stuff where people are saying things like insulting with Asperger’s. I’m not sure exactly where we’re drawing the line really. I’ve said “****tard” plenty on here. At this point I’m probably being overbroad. Me, @No_Fly_Zone and others just started discussing the topic and haven’t delineated fine lines.

Advertisement
Didn’t their coach legit say they audibles out into one of those bombs when they saw how lined up. That’s on the coordinators esp when you put your slow *** cb on an island
It has nothing to do with coaching. MTSU players are just better.

Steele called that game with an arrogance that probably should've been beaten out of him after the first long bomb. They may have MTSU uniforms on but our guys couldn't run with them and he made it easy on their QB. Force that QB to throw against 7 and shell coverages and expect your front 4 to get to him.
Exactly. It's the coach's job to make adjustments. Not really complicated at all.

Advertisement
Blake Baker as DC and Coley as OC
A true one-two punch.
dave chappelle hate GIF

One reason I’m willing to see a year two of Steele is dude always took accountability for his defense, no excuses, no throwing kids under the bus, owned that it wasn’t good enough and needed to be fixed. Feel like he got through to Kam after some big busts early in the season and he turned into an all American. The talent in being upgraded and I feel like year 2 will be much better.

And defense is just so talent centric. It can happen, but usually, it’s offenses that have a quick turnaround because scheme goes a lot further on that side of the ball. So you want to let the DC get a few years before you judge.
Plus Steele’s defenses at Auburn for the most part were elite. And that wasn’t that long ago.

Only red flag with Steele is the fact that his last defense at Auburn was bad. And then his first year here the defense regressed and was really bad.
At some point, with his age, you worry if his best years are behind him, and we’re at the end of the Mickey Andrews era with him?

It’s not personal, just responding to the @. We started deleting out stuff where people are saying things like insulting with Asperger’s. I’m not sure exactly where we’re drawing the line really. I’ve said “****tard” plenty on here. At this point I’m probably being overbroad. Me, @No_Fly_Zone and others just started discussing the topic and haven’t delineated fine lines.

No worries. Completely understood.

Advertisement

I have developmentally challenged loved ones under my roof right now. Sick of that ****. If you had any idea of what she still is called as if she wasn’t there you might react differently

Last edited:
F you I have developmentally challenged lover ones under my roof right now. Sick of that ****
Shame on you with that language. I have Puritan loved ones under my roof!

Look, we've both been on here a longggg time and I can sympathize with your sensitivities. That said, a simple PM would've sufficed as I'm largely a reasonable guy.

Advertisement
Unlike the offense, at least there was some improvement on the defensive side of the ball under Steele. Pts per game and yds per game were both better than the previous year. Not saying we dont need to be better but I do want to see what he can do year two in the system before casting him off and grouping him with Gattis.

I've defended McCarthy and am not a Steele apologist at all but this is kinda the first time where I'm beginning to agree with those that say that Colin needs a little break from social media.

Nothing beneficial or worthwhile about a former (good/great) player saying this at all at this specific time.

Advertisement
Back