Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Advertisement
I've met Pruitt on the trail when he was HC at UT. Sent off bad vibes tbh. Maybe just a bad day for him that day, but I've met 100s of coaches out crootin in my life, and to me, he was the worst. I can't see him with Mario unless he's really changed.
I can agree with that. I’ve met him before, too. He gives off “backstabber” vibes. In fact that’s the word on how he procured a couple of jobs on his resume. He would have to work for a coach locked in to a place, like Mario, where he can’t try any of his shenanigans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Could be argued if the offense wasn’t the all-time worst, the defense might’ve looked a little better.

No excuse ever for MTSU but didn’t the offense have 3 turnovers in the first quarter? Pretty sure it was 2 picks in the first few plays at least. Normal teams with real offenses jump up 7-0 or 14-0 on teams like that and games go differently. But still, at the end of the day, the defense wasn’t good at all overall. That’s on everyone on that side, including Steele.
It was still 10-3 after the 3 turnovers.

Then came the 71 yard TD bomb. Then the 89 yard bomb. Then the 69 yard bomb. Then the 98 yard bomb. But as another porster said, blame the All-American and 5 star safety we have to prevent that from happening. When will we start blaming the players guysm.

Advertisement
Baga hiring a very unimpressive Rees [maude edited out mental health reference] as OC and possibly* a greybeard from us that the absolute best you can say is that the jury is still out on him in Miami....might wanna have that fanbase get just a little antsy as Lil Nicky starts to progress through his 70's.

You think Jaw-ja is making either of those hires?- to put it in language the inbreds might understand.

@Tad Footeball see edit

Last edited by a moderator:
It was still 10-3 after the 3 turnovers.

Then came the 71 yard TD bomb. Then the 89 yard bomb. Then the 69 yard bomb. Then the 98 yard bomb. But yes, blame the All-American and 5 star safety we have to prevent that from happening. When will we start blaming the players guysm.

I’m a simple man of average intelligence, so I’m not sure which frequency of sarcasm you’re broadcasting here.

Are we saying that, if you’re the Miami Hurricanes and you’re playing the Middle Tennessee State Middle Tennesseers, and you line a 5 year player at CB in press man against one of their outside receivers, and that 5 year corner gets absolutely scalded down the sideline like he has 2 left feet and is beaten for a TD, that it’s the coordinators fault?

Genuinely asking because I have no idea what you’re saying.

I’m a simple man of average intelligence, so I’m not sure which frequency of sarcasm you’re broadcasting here.

Are we saying that, if you’re the Miami Hurricanes and you’re playing the Middle Tennessee State Middle Tennesseers, and you line a 5 year player at CB in press man against one of their outside receivers, and that 5 year corner gets absolutely scalded down the sideline like he has 2 left feet and is beaten for a TD, that it’s the coordinators fault?

Genuinely asking because I have no idea what you’re saying.

Probably the coordinators fault when it happens the first time. Definitely the coordinators fault when it happens the 2nd through 4th times.

Probably the coordinators fault when it happens the first time. Definitely the coordinators fault when it happens the 2nd through 4th times.
Didn’t their coach legit say they audibles out into one of those bombs when they saw how lined up. That’s on the coordinators esp when you put your slow *** cb on an island

Advertisement
Didn’t their coach legit say they audibles out into one of those bombs when they saw how lined up. That’s on the coordinators esp when you put your slow *** cb on an island
Steele called that game with an arrogance that probably should've been beaten out of him after the first long bomb. They may have MTSU uniforms on but our guys couldn't run with them and he made it easy on their QB. Force that QB to throw against 7 and shell coverages and expect your front 4 to get to him.

Did you just argue both sides of the argument in one post?
Not at all, this seems like a tough subject for you to grasp. We could have hired Tommy Reese as QB coach and we’d have dummies such as yourself pointing out that he hasn’t been a QB coach in quite a few years therefore he’s unqualified. Charlie Strong handling the defense and only the defense is a win. Same dummies already circling the wagons about Candle not being an OC in a few years. Amazing that Bill O Brien could handle offensive coordinator duties at a collegiate level these last few seasons despite not being an OC for ten years…15 years he was last OC at a collegiate level. That must have been quite the burden for him after being a HC all those years to focus on a lesser job role! Did anyone get him up to speed with what an offense is? Did they have to do a back to basics crash course for him I wonder? Ts and Ps sent your way.

Advertisement
Cross posting because, well, yeah…

miami fans- we don’t want candle, Toledo fans are glad he might be leaving as proof we are right…

miami fans also- we don’t want Steele, alabama with the best coach in history wants him but we are right

Not at all, this seems like a tough subject for you to grasp. We could have hired Tommy Reese as QB coach and we’d have dummies such as yourself pointing out that he hasn’t been a QB coach in quite a few years therefore he’s unqualified. Charlie Strong handling the defense and only the defense is a win. Same dummies already circling the wagons about Candle not being an OC in a few years. Amazing that Bill O Brien could handle offensive coordinator duties at a collegiate level these last few seasons despite not being an OC for ten years…15 years he was last OC at a collegiate level. That must have been quite the burden for him after being a HC all those years to focus on a lesser job role! Did anyone get him up to speed with what an offense is? Did they have to do a back to basics crash course for him I wonder? Ts and Ps sent your way.

Look everyone! We have another condescending Super Fan!!

Superfans keep creating arguments that aren’t there when posters are asking legitimate questions:
- when the defense sucks and the HC is a defensive minded guy it poses questions
- when the coach hasn’t been a DC in 10 years it poses questions
- when the latest defense he was a part of was questionable at best it poses questions

Steele was a last minute hire and not Mario’s first choice as reported on this board. That was not a HR. Strong at LB, like a Rees at QB is a great get, at DC, questions start popping up when it comes to him possibly replacing Steele if he leaves — and they have,

With possibly the biggest question fans may have being: Why is Miami even in a spot where we need to decide if these coaches can still coach at an elite level when we should be able to hire a coach that is great now or viewed up and coming vs. possibly a has been not or retread?

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers - the team needs them - we went 5-7 last year and got blown out multiple times.

Baga hiring a very unimpressive Rees as OC and possibly* a greybeard from us that the absolute best you can say is that the jury is still out on him in Miami....might wanna have that fanbase get just a little antsy as Lil Nicky starts to progress through his 70's.

You think Jaw-ja is making either of those hires?- to put it in language the inbreds might understand.
Cc @RVACane

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back