Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last year was one of the worst defenses ever....Deep ball frenzy game after game
Look at the MTSU game and you’ll see it was not coaching. It’s was dumb disengaged players. Play after play it was apparent they were going through motions.
Those players would have made the best DC look bad.

Advertisement
You recruit better both in HS and through the portal and you have a DC who establishes a much better operation in terms of culture and development. I think Steele and Strong will be just fine with the latter. Steele won’t do much in recruiting but Strong just brought in an excellent group of LBs and Francisco. You need more of that across the D.

They have their work cut out for them. Kam and Flagg are the only non question marks on D. And the answer you get to the Flagg question is not one people like…

Advertisement
I said what I said…

Results oriented business. All these coaches are paid handsomely to do a job and get these boys ready. For the most they weren’t. Injuries aside we still had a more “talented” roster… even down to second teamers than 95% of our schedule.

While I recognize Rome wasn’t built in a day. The Leaders (HCs and Coordinators) HAVE to be accountable. He’s paid to fall on that sword and often times we didn’t look like we were prepared. All his fault? Of course not but who should get most of the blame… the kids? Yea no. His title and salary say otherwise

Excuses are like ********, everyone has them and they all stink.
Not sure if getting a "promotion" to DC at Bama counts as being "held accountable".

I said what I said…

Results oriented business. All these coaches are paid handsomely to do a job and get these boys ready. For the most they weren’t. Injuries aside we still had a more “talented” roster… even down to second teamers than 95% of our schedule.

While I recognize Rome wasn’t built in a day. The Leaders (HCs and Coordinators) HAVE to be accountable. He’s paid to fall on that sword and often times we didn’t look like we were prepared. All his fault? Of course not but who should get most of the blame… the kids? Yea no. His title and salary say otherwise

Excuses are like ********, everyone has them and they all stink.
The real world does not exist in a vacuum.

Advertisement
been likely. we have spoken about this. Steele to off field, promote strong and dvd. apparently addae is sticking around.
Yikes. I think Strong is a solid coach, but this isn’t 2010 anymore. The offenses he would see nowadays don’t even resemble what he used to game-plan for years ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Steele has a decent track record but **** the defense was underwhelming in 2022. If the offense wasn’t the all time worst, we’d probably be burning Steele at the stake
Regarding Steele, I readily admit the D was bad. I'm not the type of poster to say he doesn't bear any responsibility. What I AM saying though is I think his body of work grants him a mulligan. I watched him extensively at AU and I think he's earned a mulligan. Others may disagree with that and that's their right to do so. I just disagree with their right.

Likewise, I disagree with those that are saying plug in Strong and we're good. Strong hasn't been in charge of a defense since Meyer was winning titles at ufag. And some of the same people that are calling Steele an old man probably don't even realize that Strong is only two years younger. Losing Steele is a blow imo.

Advertisement
Back