Kevin Steele Auburn Defense vs Jimbo Fisher A&M Offense (2018-2020)

Canesrule230

Recruit
Premium
I got curious and did some research on the battles between these 2:

2018 Auburn (Unranked) vs Texas A&M (20)
Pts Allowed: 24
Yds Allowed: 423
Forced Turnovers: 3
Final Score: Aub 28 A&M 24

2019 Auburn (8) vs Texas A&M (17)
Pts Allowed: 20
Yds Allowed: 391
Forced Turnovers: 1
Final Score: Aub 28 A&M 20

2020 Auburn (Unranked) vs Texas A&M (5)
Pts Allowed: 31
Yds Allowed: 509
Forced Turnovers: 0
Final Score: Aub 20 A&M 31

2018, 2019, 2020 247 Team Talent Ranking
Auburn: 14, 13, 14
Texas A&M: 16, 12, 11

Looks like Steele gives up a lot yards to Jimbo but limits his point totals (bend but don't break defenses). It looks like these teams have been fairly evenly matched on paper. Granted A&M seemed to have better QB play in these games and I'm sure there are intangibles these stats don't reflect but I think we'll need to score 30+ points to get out of College Station with a W.

Advertisement

Looks like Steele gives up a lot yards to Jimbo but limits his point totals (bend but don't break defenses). It looks like these teams have been fairly evenly matched on paper. Granted A&M seemed to have better QB play in these games and I'm sure there are intangibles these stats don't reflect but I think we'll need to score 30+ points to get out of College Station with a W.
I believe Miami needs to win TOP metric by a large margin to get the dub-u

Advertisement
If we’re going to critically review Steele’s performances against Jimbo’s offenses while he was at Auburn, it’s worth noting that Kellen Mond was a much better QB than what Haynes King has showed thus far and that their offensive line was a lot better then too.

We’re going to need to find a way to blitz, while also keeping contain on the QB and outside. Hopefully the Dline can get some consistent pressure without sending too many bodies, and if not I trust Steele to look a bit more exotic than what we’ve seen thus far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d like to see us run the ball effectively and control the TOP. We can take some shots and call some gadgetry plays as the defense cheats up to overplay the run. I have faith that Gattis will call a good game.

Defensively to me it depends on how effective they can throw on us. If they’re inept then we can be more aggressive. If they’re able to attack our secondary then we need to play a bend but don’t break style.

Advertisement
To be honest if good TVD shows up, we win. That’s the only real difference maker here. We can contain that offense. Make it TVD vs Haynes. We win
Only if Mario lets Gattis "open it up". Someone said this in another thread and I agree. I respect Mario for trying to establish a physical running style, but man you have a potential top 10 NFL pick at QB who probably leaves after this year anyway so why not let him put up big numbers.

He just needs to watch App state and make adjustments to our personnel. He knows they have a QB who can be rattled.

Advertisement
Back