2024 Kevin Riley 4* RB from the Heart of Saban Country

OK but then they didn't sign the other 7 of the top 14.

We're talking about 1 kid. Nobody is saying Miami is going to sign the Top 10 kids in Alabama. But thinking that 1 kid is impossible is bizarre thinking.

It's not a bizarre thing, but it is on the bizarre side when it's miami that goes in and takes a top kid in an SEC heavy state. History is not quite on our side.

Advertisement
We have evidence, strong evidence, that he is a priority for Bama
D$ and other people said it. Some people choose to take the pessimistic view. " No way Bama wants him because we are heavily linked with him. Because its totally implausible for us to beat Bama for a recruit from Bama. Something is only impossible until we do it. Like beating them and the nation for 2 5 star tackles.

It's not a bizarre thing, but it is on the bizarre side when it's miami that goes in and takes a top kid in an SEC heavy state. History is not quite on our side.
true but when you look at our staff now recruiting wise compared to those staffs we had when that history happened, it leaves room for optimism

4 of the top 7 ranked kids in the state of Alabama did not sign with Bama or Auburn in 2023.
While I do love stats, this one would need some context.... point being if the 5th best player in Bama happened to be a RB ranked 276, then Bama went out and signed 2 top 50 backs in Haynes and Young, then I would argue that 5th best player was not a priority and Bama was not upset to see them walk.

However I do not think either side of this coin is so clear cut. 1. Bama is definitely recruiting him and he can commit if he wants; 2. some people in his camp would prefer he get outside of bama; 3. a top kid from Bama that Saban wants is a tough pull for any school; and 4. Mario is a relentless recruiter who wont quit until the ink is dry.

I think all 4 of those things can be true at once and one being true does not exclude the other.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Because its totally implausible for us to beat Bama for a recruit from Bama. Something is only impossible until we do it. Like beating them and the nation for 2 5 star tackles.

This is why I added this law to the CIS Laws of Recruiting. Hoping that Mario can shatter this rule in the 24 cycle.

30. You can't pull a 4*/5* RB from Tuscaloosa that Saban wants​

Advertisement
My brother

They can’t hurt you anymore

(Coker, Shammin, Golden, Manny)

robin williams its not your fault GIF

I’ve always maintained that if one of those schools want him, it will be really tough to land him. I don’t think he signs.
FIFY

Because while I do believe he “commits”, him signing with us is an entirely different situation. Mario/Ice have their work cut out for them on this one. Because even if the family wants him out of AL, you still have several OOS deep pocketed SEC schools that will take a swing at this kid.

Advertisement
I’ve always maintained that if one of those schools want him, it will be really tough to land him. I don’t think he signs.
FIFY

Because while I do believe he “commits”, him signing with us is an entirely different situation. Mario/Ice have their work cut out for them on this one. Because even if the family wants out of AL, you still have several deep pocketed SEC schools that will take a swing at this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back