Kevin Patrick is a poor mans Coach Kool

Partridge > Patrick every day of the week. A contrarian opinion for sure, but am ssurprised this is even a discussion and I'm being called a troll for pointing this out. Rockstar recruiter with SoFla ties (this is the guy who stole Alex Collins from us) and was a former HC.
Collins ran from his momma more than he ran to a coach.

Advertisement
He signed 4 top 200 players on the DLine at NC State. Must be a terrible recruiter. All the media said last year is NC State has a great front 7 on D and they were extremely stingy against the run

Why in the world do we want to hire him?

Honestly - if he was not a Cane, there is no way he would even be in the discussion. This smells like Art Kehoe all over again.

I know he's a good coach, like Kool was, but IMO he's nowhere proven enough of a recruiter. And all the scuttle I've read is that's where Kool really fell short and where all the tension was in his failed performance as a recruiter.

Why would you hire someone with the exact same flaws as Kool, who is not even as proven as a coach??? I know many will disagree, but Charlie Partridge is far and away the better candidate to me.
Dude you left canesport to come to poison this site with your bull****. You're a real *******.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Just get whoever in there before spring ball starts. KP, Cox, CP, etc etc

Kul is overrated. The 4-3 defense is built to get TFLs and Sacks.

He has proven to be a grade B Position. He can coach but this is college you need to be good recruiter and coach to be an A+ coach.

He signed 4 top 200 players on the DLine at NC State. Must be a terrible recruiter. All the media said last year is NC State has a great front 7 on D and they were extremely stingy against the run

How long has he been at NC St? Did he recruit Chubb?

Advertisement
Not saying Op is right or wrong, but what makes KP that much of a better hire than CP?

Why in the world do we want to hire him?

Honestly - if he was not a Cane, there is no way he would even be in the discussion. This smells like Art Kehoe all over again.

I know he's a good coach, like Kool was, but IMO he's nowhere proven enough of a recruiter. And all the scuttle I've read is that's where Kool really fell short and where all the tension was in his failed performance as a recruiter.

Why would you hire someone with the exact same flaws as Kool, who is not even as proven as a coach??? I know many will disagree, but Charlie Partridge is far and away the better candidate to me.
Obvious troll is obvious
I completely disagree on the troll thing. It's a ligitimate concern and I even asked Dmoney for his opinion in another thread. Patrick's name has come up in every DT vacancy discussion we have had and wasn't hired. I don't know whether it was us rejecting him or visa versa. My question to Dmoney was "What do we get in Kevin Patrick?" I pose that question to anyone. How about ligitimate resume issues not just being a former Cane. I hope he's a good candidate and he comes here but Kool is indeed a great DL coach and hopefully whoever we hire can be similar.

Alex Collins was never coming to Miami. He wanted as far away from his home life as he could get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back