Kevin Patrick- a year later?

CANE1775

Senior
There was a guy on here that knew Patrick personally and said that his new contract made it difficult to get him last year. Is that still the case? If not, Manny please bring this guy home.

Advertisement
You're worried about a DL coach?

Jess Simpson came to Miami to work for Coach Richt an may want to leave. But kevin Patrick signed a 3multi-year guaranteed contract with nc state to mirror the head coaches contract. So his buyout may be in the $300-500k range which is to much to pay for a position coach.

Link to article on Dave doeren's contract
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article209635379.html

link to Doeren's actual contract
https://hkm.com/football/contracts/dave-doeren/

Go Canes

Last edited:
You're worried about a DL coach?

If you want to use the word "worried" because I'm simply discussing DL coach options then go right ahead. Sure the offense needs to be fixed, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore everything else. Tunnel vision is a part of our problem. If these changes open up the door to get Patrick, then I say let's do it. You guys can ignore it, but if Manny keeps the defensive staff that's currently in place, we're going to be pretty **** green, and may actually result in a Randy Shannon Tim Walton like scenario.

If you want to use the word "worried" because I'm simply discussing DL coach options then go right ahead. Sure the offense needs to be fixed, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore everything else. Tunnel vision is a part of our problem. If these changes open up the door to get Patrick, then I say let's do it. You guys can ignore it, but if Manny keeps the defensive staff that's currently in place, we're going to be pretty **** green, and may actually result in a Randy Shannon Tim Walton like scenario.
The defensive staff was pretty **** green last year, and it worked out fine on the field. I get that we should look at all options, but the offensive staff is priority #1.

Advertisement
Coach Kool is one of the top D line coaches in the country and when he left for Bama, Richt replaced him with a high school coach. Simpson inherited a pretty good group, please tell me who he has developed.

The defensive staff was pretty **** green last year, and it worked out fine on the field. I get that we should look at all options, but the offensive staff is priority #1.

You're right it was with the exception of the DC who is no longer the DC and who has stated that he will not be calling plays. With that said, what would make you think that I don't think the offensive staff is priority #1?

Coach Kool is one of the top D line coaches in the country and when he left for Bama, Richt replaced him with a high school coach. Simpson inherited a pretty good group, please tell me who he has developed.
Let's flip it the other way around... for a d-line that lost both Norton and McIntosh last year, what about the D line did you hate so much this season?

dude kp is probably my fav um player of all time but i know guys who wanted richt out asap yet think the world of jess.

Advertisement
Let's flip it the other way around... for a d-line that lost both Norton and McIntosh last year, what about the D line did you hate so much this season?
Jackson and Garvin were already in place and Willis was waiting in the wings. So who has Jess developed in the two seasons he's been here?

Jackson and Garvin were already in place and Willis was waiting in the wings. So who has Jess developed in the two seasons he's been here?
This! He will be exposed this year without having pretty much 3 all Americans in his line up. Talk to.me when he recruits someone and then puts them in the league. Not guys Kool recruited we already know he has the eye

You dodged the question. Considering when he came in, Jess could only work with the group he was given, right? A group that lost Norton and McIntosh and most worried would be a weakness this year. Based on that, what about the play of the d-line this season are you being so critical of? Give me actual facts/analysis of what about the d-line's play this year (which I'm pretty sure were at the top if not #1 in the country in sacks, TFLs, disruption, etc) did you so hate that you're arguing justifies Simpson being replaced?

You dodged the question. Considering when he came in, Jess could only work with the group he was given, right? A group that lost Norton and McIntosh and most worried would be a weakness this year. Based on that, what about the play of the d-line this season are you being so critical of?
No one is critical of Jackson Garvin or Willis who were all here before Jess. Who has Jess developed? Other than those three guys, who do we have waiting to take over

Advertisement
This! He will be exposed this year without having pretty much 3 all Americans in his line up. Talk to.me when he recruits someone and then puts them in the league. Not guys Kool recruited we already know he has the eye
Yep. We lost one of the nation's best D Line coaches to the top program in college football and replaced him with a high school coach. Willis sat out the bowl game and did you see our 2 DTs? How about the DEs when Jackson and Garvin were not on the field?

No one is critical of Jackson Garvin or Willis who were all here before Jess. Who has Jess developed? Other than those three guys, who do we have waiting to take over
So your argument is "sure, they were good in his first and only season, but he didn't bring any of them in himself (which of course would be impossible based on when he was hired) and I predict they will suck next year so he should be fired immediately". Brilliant!

So your argument is "sure, they were good in his first and only season, but he didn't bring any of them in himself (which of course would be impossible based on when he was hired) and I predict they will suck next year so he should be fired immediately". Brilliant!
You struggle with comprehension. His body of work speaks for itself. Did you watch Nesta this year when he was on the field? How about the DEs when Jackson and Garvin got a breather? No one said he "should be fired immediately" but his results thus far have not been good. Dude is a glorified HS coach and buddy of Mark, that's the only reason he is here.

Advertisement
Ok I'll play along. But please tell me just ONE guy Jess has developed. I'll be awaiting your response.
You have your mind made up. You think he sucks and doesnt deserve to be here. You base this solely on the argument he hasn't developed anyone when every d lineman who played significant time under him last year did fantastic. The unit as a whole absolutely excelled. Even Tito came on late and looked good. But because a few 2nd and 3rd string guys didnt blow you away in limited action, you somehow twist this into an argument that Simpson is nothing but a high school coach and garbage. Completely dismissing the fact our d-line literally lead the nation in several categories. But because you're salty, your brain won't allow Simpson to get any credit for that, and rather searches for reasons and hypotheticals to boost your agenda that he blows and doesn't deserve to be here.

Theres no discussion to be had, bud. We'll agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Back