Kevin Olsen for Recruiting Dummies

CaniacMike21

Senior
I don't follow recruiting too closely anymore. Would anyone mind giving me some info on this kid? Why are so many people drooling over him and convinced he's going to walk on campus and be a star a and savior?

Advertisement
This thread reminded me to share with you another recent prophetic vision I had about Olsen. After he is done leading Miami to multiple National Championships, he will be selected by the New England Patriots one year after Brady retires. Yes, that's right...our very own Saviour is actually the successfor of Tom Brady. He will unite with Bill Belichek for another reign of terror that will haunt the league. Olsen will go from the most beloved QB in NCAA history to the most hated QB in the NFL due to his winning ways. Everyone will turn on him as the Jews turned on Jesus....kinda sad actually.

He doesn't have elite arm strength....yet, but he makes all the throws. He is plenty mobile.

Everyone always brings up Dorsey but Olsen does remind me a lot of him with his accuracy on certain throws.

I don't follow recruiting too closely anymore. Would anyone mind giving me some info on this kid? Why are so many people drooling over him and convinced he's going to walk on campus and be a star a and savior?

--Greg Olsen's little brother
--Top 5 QB for the 2013 class
--Was one of the top performers at the Elite 11 camp
--Doesn't have a cannon arm, but he's really accurate and has a quick release; great mechanics
--Led his team to back-to-back state titles in Jersey

I'm guessing he will be one of the best qb recruit we have signed in recent years.

Advertisement
A close, trusted, football associate of mine said the buzz around him is "Kellen Moore with a better arm."

He is the real deal.

Advertisement
Olsen is pretty skinny too. His arm will get stronger as he grows up and gets stronger. He looks young for his age so he still has some growth potential I think.

Olsen is pretty skinny too. His arm will get stronger as he grows up and gets stronger. He looks young for his age so he still has some growth potential I think.

This. His body has matured completely yet. The arm strength may come.

Mike its just something to get our minds of of this ****** 5-7 season we are about to have...We were saying the same things about Preston Dewey last year at this time..

Advertisement
Mike its just something to get our minds of of this ****** 5-7 season we are about to have...We were saying the same things about Preston Dewey last year at this time..

I can't tell if you are trolling but Olsen and Dewey's resumes are not even close to similar. Olsen is, at worst, a top 10 recruit at QB. Dewey was in the 60s.

You're joking?

Preston Dewey stayed back a year in HS. Olsen looks like he's 16. Besides what Diego said above, they're just totally different prospects.

--Doesn't have a cannon arm, but he's really accurate and has a quick release; great mechanics

Also add:
--son of high profile HS coach in New Jersey
--older brother (not Greg) was highly recruited QB coming out of HS and played at UVA after transferring from ND
--Greg has worked with him a lot on Xs and Os and working out

In summary: he has football smarts, and uses his resources to get better and more knowledgeable

In addition to being:

-- by far the most popular and envied kid in school
-- dating the hottest chick at Wayne Hills high and surely banging the hottest cheerleader every day after practise
-- Having a documentary made about you entitled The Last Patriot before even turning 18

This kid is a real life Zach Morris with elite football skills. Crown Baby Jesus!

Advertisement

Also add:
--son of high profile HS coach in New Jersey
--older brother (not Greg) was highly recruited QB coming out of HS and played at UVA after transferring from ND
--Greg has worked with him a lot on Xs and Os and working out

In summary: he has football smarts, and uses his resources to get better and more knowledgeable

In addition to being:

-- by far the most popular and envied kid in school
-- dating the hottest chick at Wayne Hills high and surely banging the hottest cheerleader every day after practise
-- Having a documentary made about you entitled The Last Patriot before even turning 18

This kid is a real life Zach Morris with elite football skills. Crown Baby Jesus!

Keep it coming Valid.

I can't tell if you are trolling but Olsen and Dewey's resumes are not even close to similar. Olsen is, at worst, a top 10 recruit at QB. Dewey was in the 60s.

Preston was considered atleast top 20 by everyone, he also had a solid performance in the camps and also had a senior year injury. The difference in the rep is that olsen got handed the keys to the team pretty young while Dewey bid his time as he was stuck behind another high profile QB in his his high school. Rankings don't look favorable on late bloomers as most is predetermined earlier. Either way we have two QBs who can be solid. We'll find out which one is better with a little time, but lets not have the grass is greener debate

I think everyone is sleeping on Dewey because of his lower ranking out of HS. He reminds me of Greg McElroy from Bama. Not a real NFL prospect but just makes all the right throws. We'll see this spring.

Advertisement
Back