Kevin grooms

Warned yall about this back in the grassy days.

The kid was hangin' out on the corner of US1 (with his jersey on) with some riff raff as our player bus was pulling into the school, and he's talkin' trash and grillin' us as we're driving by. I'm thinking "shouldn't you be getting ready for the game right now?" LOL

Advertisement

The kid was hangin' out on the corner of US1 (with his jersey on) with some riff raff as our player bus was pulling into the school, and he's talkin' trash and grillin' us as we're driving by. I'm thinking "shouldn't you be getting ready for the game right now?" LOL

I'm from Dania... I used to see him around on the corner as well... I thought he changed with the scholly but he didn't... There was a reason why the prior staff and no other d1 school in the state pursued him... It's sad...

Desperate isn't even the word for how bad the 2011 situation was. Shannon was fired with 6 kids verballed and literally nothing in the pipe. Of those 6, Bridgewater and Rogers bailed, and Golden allowed himself to be "outrecruited" for Nick Menocal, who can't even make Ga Tech's starting defense. The fact any of Golden's first class has produced anything at all is incredible.

Well explain his desperate behavior for year 2 and 3...

I'm from Dania... I used to see him around on the corner as well... I thought he changed with the scholly but he didn't... There was a reason why the prior staff and no other d1 school in the state pursued him... It's sad...

IMO he was a questionable offer to begin with. Don't get me wrong, his talent was there but he had character issues, was severely undersized and probably had a poor work ethic. The kid obviously never touched a weight room in his life. I was lobbying for us to offer Fabian Moreau instead and people called me crazy. Funny how things work out.

Advertisement

IMO he was a questionable offer to begin with. Don't get me wrong, his talent was there but he had character issues, was severely undersized and probably had a poor work ethic. The kid obviously never touched a weight room in his life. I was lobbying for us to offer Fabian Moreau instead and people called me crazy. Funny how things work out.

Yea he went to the perfect school for him... He was talented but I never saw the fit here... I remember your lobbying for Moreau... He was the type of athlete this staff wanted in Grooms except the kid was bigger...

Desperate isn't even the word for how bad the 2011 situation was. Shannon was fired with 6 kids verballed and literally nothing in the pipe. Of those 6, Bridgewater and Rogers bailed, and Golden allowed himself to be "outrecruited" for Nick Menocal, who can't even make Ga Tech's starting defense. The fact any of Golden's first class has produced anything at all is incredible.

Yeah the "Death penalty" had kids flocking to Miami

I can't think of any players Golden has let go, or who have let themselves go, that have made it somewhere else.

Advertisement
So what's the over and under on Mr. Grooms smoking weed? No correlation between that and being a petty criminal right? Here's where the X is a long time stoner and a good guy with a responsible job so it's not as bad as the "Reefer Madness" example makes it out to be crowd can pipe in.

So have we as fans arrived at the notion that it's okay to have a team loaded with stoners? We could have cheerleaders walking up and down the bench handing out munchies. Go Canes!

So what's the over and under on Mr. Grooms smoking weed? No correlation between that and being a petty criminal right? Here's where the X is a long time stoner and a good guy with a responsible job so it's not as bad as the "Reefer Madness" example makes it out to be crowd can pipe in.

So have we as fans arrived at the notion that it's okay to have a team loaded with stoners? We could have cheerleaders walking up and down the bench handing out munchies. Go Canes!

1.jpg

I got a boy at Nova.

He said when they played South Broward that Grooms didn't participate in warm-ups, instead he was hanging out front at the bus stop with some girls. LOL

Then at halftime they seen him smoking a black-n-mild. LOL

Advertisement

1.jpg

Thank you! Got four more for the ignore user.

I can't think of any players Golden has let go, or who have let themselves go, that have made it somewhere else.

That's a great point. Al has done a great job recruiting players bad enough that they disappear off the face of the earth when he runs them off.

Advertisement

Yeah the "Death penalty" had kids flocking to Miami

Haha what "Death Penalty"? Do you know what that consist of? No one does the death penalty anymore because the TV bans hurts opposing teams... If USC didn't get a death penalty than we weren't going to get one... An enough with the scaring kids off mantra... In 2012 we took Hward, Bush, McCord and Kirby... It wasnt scaring anyone off the staff just made some bad evaluations...

Dania Stand Up!

Advertisement
Back