Kevin Grooms

AlexCane

Senior
Whatever happened to this guy? I know he had supposedly gone to Marshall, but reviewing their roster, he is not even listed. What's this kid's story?

Advertisement
i know he had a **** load, and i mean a **** LOAD of credits to make up, that didnt count since he went to so many different schools. He should be playing next year for them though

i know he had a **** load, and i mean a **** LOAD of credits to make up, that didnt count since he went to so many different schools. He should be playing next year for them though

its still amazing to me how these kids with all these offers dont worry about getting their credits and scores in order until like 3 months before signing day of their senior year.

Advertisement

its still amazing to me how these kids with all these offers dont worry about getting their credits and scores in order until like 3 months before signing day of their senior year.

grooms was a tricky situation. IIRC he was already at UM taking classes and everything n then they realized that alot of his classes didnt count. i think he was at like 3 different highschools, one was a military school and none of those credits counted. it was some **** like that. he was missing over like 35 credits, it was a crazy number

he was a good kid though, he had a good head on his shoulders. if he would had this oportunity he wouldve taken the most out of it

So if he didn't play this year, why didn't he make up credits this year and stick with us?

Advertisement
So if he didn't play this year, why didn't he make up credits this year and stick with us?

esto

supposedly he needed to finish more credit than he could in a year. marshall has a programfor student like him that he was able to get it done.

trust me if there was any way he could’ve stayed here he would’ve

i heard that he cried when they told him he had to leave, and his tears were
orange n green

esto

supposedly he needed to finish more credit than he could in a year. marshall has a programfor student like him that he was able to get it done.

orange n green

thats ****ed up man

yea man, he wanted to be here

im like 99% sure that he was already taking classes and everything here

Advertisement
I thought Grooms was playing JuCo ball in Arizona; Yuma JC, I think (??). Didnt someone post an article here about a month ago on him?

Advertisement

esto

orange n green

What a Shame...Kid is Absolutely Electric with the ball in his hands. Was the entire South Broward team...

The truth with grooms is this.

He was always a troublemaker since his freshman year at Hollywood hills. Had no grades after his first semester and than sophomore gets locked up for stealing. The worst part is the people at south Broward who were supposed to look out for his best interests at south Broward used the system illegally to get him the grades to play on Friday nights without worrying about college. They let him take more online classes than he was allowed and got away with it. Then once it was clearinghouse time he was unable to qualify for miami. I want to feel bad for the kid in the sense that he was doing the things he needed to do to play at miami but with what I know for fact and what my sources tell me about him as a person he didn't deserve to be at miami plain and simple. The advisors and coaches at south Broward didn't help this kid out either.

Sucks all the way around. Coming here would have been the best thing to ever happen to this kid, both in football and in life.

The truth with grooms is this.

He was always a troublemaker since his freshman year at Hollywood hills. Had no grades after his first semester and than sophomore gets locked up for stealing. The worst part is the people at south Broward who were supposed to look out for his best interests at south Broward used the system illegally to get him the grades to play on Friday nights without worrying about college. They let him take more online classes than he was allowed and got away with it. Then once it was clearinghouse time he was unable to qualify for miami. I want to feel bad for the kid in the sense that he was doing the things he needed to do to play at miami but with what I know for fact and what my sources tell me about him as a person he didn't deserve to be at miami plain and simple. The advisors and coaches at south Broward didn't help this kid out either.

He was always a troublemaker since his freshman year at Hollywood hills. Had no grades after his first semester and than sophomore gets locked up for stealing.

this is mostly true, i cant confirm on the stealing part, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
the kid started off bad but he tried to change, i remember hearing a story that one of the main reason he like Miami was so he can stay out of trouble here. he gone to Louisville (iirc) for a visit and he said that as soon as he got there all the kids that he was with were smoking weed and pretty much doing anything they wanted to, Kevin didn’t want to be there cuz he knew he would’ve gotten in trouble out there.

The worst part is the people at south Broward who were supposed to look out for his best interests at south Broward used the system illegally to get him the grades to play on Friday nights without worrying about college. They let him take more online classes than he was allowed and got away with it.

idk where you heard that but i don’t buy any of it. he wasn’t just at south broward, he went to three different schools i believe.

Then once it was clearinghouse time he was unable to qualify for miami.

he qualified for Miami, he was in the system taking classes and everything. the NCAA is the one that pulled him, not Miami.

I want to feel bad for the kid in the sense that he was doing the things he needed to do to play at miami but with what I know for fact and what my sources tell me about him as a person he didn't deserve to be at miami plain and simple. The advisors and coaches at south Broward didn't help this kid out either.

idk anything about south broward, my sources are through Kevin not south broward. I don’t personally know him but my sources do, he’s a good kid that started off wrong and wanted to correct his ways. Miami would’ve been a good place for that

he is at Marshall and he is practicing with the team

Advertisement
Back