Kevin Feder

Why wouldn’t he be good at DE? The kid causes a lots of issues for OL and plus he is real athletic. I don’t see why he has to be a lock to play OL. I watched him several times last year he blocks of lots of passes and is real threat to get the QB. Big body with quick feet causes OL issues. The only answer people will give is he is too tall to play DT/ DE, I disagree with that. Something has to give we're recruiting a lot of OL and I ask the question why? He might be taking a page of Jimmy Johnson’s book the ones who don’t cut it will be moved to DL?

That's ***-backwards. If anything, the history has been that DL who don't cut it are moved to OL. Kipp Vickers was an example. (While Vickers was a JJ recruit, he was moved under DE, but it was the same pattern). There were quite a few others, but don't remember them all right now. I don't ever remember an OL who couldn't cut it at OL and was moved to DL. In the mid-80's, they tried to experiment with John O'Neill, who was an OG or OT, and he did fairly well at DL in practice, but they kept him at OL, where he was a solid starter. OL has usually been the graveyard for the less athletic DLs, but often enough they were adequate at OL. Like Vickers, who ended up a journeyman in the NFL.

Advertisement
Offers from MichSt, BC, Tenn and rumored to have OhSt and PennSt offers but he's overrated?!...for a 3* OL from the Northeast I'd say he's a bit underrated.

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t he be good at DE? The kid causes a lots of issues for OL and plus he is real athletic. I don’t see why he has to be a lock to play OL. I watched him several times last year he blocks of lots of passes and is real threat to get the QB. Big body with quick feet causes OL issues. The only answer people will give is he is too tall to play DT/ DE, I disagree with that. Something has to give we're recruiting a lot of OL and I ask the question why? He might be taking a page of Jimmy Johnson’s book the ones who don’t cut it will be moved to DL?

That's ***-backwards. If anything, the history has been that DL who don't cut it are moved to OL. Kipp Vickers was an example. (While Vickers was a JJ recruit, he was moved under DE, but it was the same pattern). There were quite a few others, but don't remember them all right now. I don't ever remember an OL who couldn't cut it at OL and was moved to DL. In the mid-80's, they tried to experiment with John O'Neill, who was an OG or OT, and he did fairly well at DL in practice, but they kept him at OL, where he was a solid starter. OL has usually been the graveyard for the less athletic DLs, but often enough they were adequate at OL. Like Vickers, who ended up a journeyman in the NFL.

This is what espnu said, it was little before my time of actually knowing the game like now. I might of been 12 years of age during Jimmy time. I am sure your right however ESPN needs to stop making false statements. When your 12 you know football ball not in and out like your do when you get older. So my question what happens to all these OL who dont cut it?

Advertisement
Back