2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Miami and fsu rn
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Kids are free to choose their own path, but it's remarkable that they've been wanting to get paid for eons and now that it's open, they select an HBCU where the opportunity is likely less than P5 teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am trying to wrap my head around this. Respect to the young man’s decision, Respect to HBCU schools, and Respect to Prime. BUT!!!!!!!!! This kid will never get to play for a Natty, rarely see TV and get that exposure, or play the big boys in a meaningful way.

The look of his family said it all!!!! Also loved the odd request for someone to get his picture!

Best of luck kid!

Real question though. I looked up Jackson State's recruiting class on 247. And they have 3 signees + Coleman committed. Will they fill out to 25/a full class come February, or do they mostly take PWOs? Or is 247 just not reporting accurate numbers in case the school is signing players not in the database?
They're gonna take a sh*tload of portal guys and already got some I think

Yea I'm really sick of the decades of losing guys to Jackson State. Definitely a repeat phenomenon.
Yeah I’m definitely not sick of being humiliated during a national declaration and being played in the process. Definitely not a repeat phenomenon. Literally never happened at all and definitely not in a comparatively greater rate than other schools.

Advertisement
I dont think a decommit that everyone witnessed compares thatstrongly. Even if Miami had a good feeling or were told otherwise. I think the FSU image took a bigger hit than Miami.

Agreed…

Listen does it suck we didn’t land him? Of course but…

1. He wasn’t considering us until Mario got hired.
2. Was never committed unlike Hunter who was almost committed 2 years and flipped on signing day.

This isn’t the same as what happened to Fsu. This is no different than us being crystal balled for a recruit from “recruiting experts “ and the guy picking someone else.

I mean in Mario’s short time if missing out on Coleman is the biggest thing but landing players like Moss, Iuli, Florence, Conerly, Moten maybe Christian Williams then I’ll take that everyday of the week. Guys that weren’t even on our radar before Mario got here.

Securing Wes, Kelly, flipping Skinner… cmon

Advertisement
It's an interesting trend. Reminds me of a decade+ so back when lots of dudes were hiring hip hop stars and family members to be their agents. Was trendy for a while, then everyone realized they were losing millions, and now that's pretty much done.

At the same time I respect these guys trying to resurrect HBCUs. It'll take more than a few big recruits, but it's interesting.
This is a dumbass comparison. HBCU alums have always been thriving in the private and government circles. And pre SEC segregation those Grambling and Southern Teams would have annihilated those " Alabama and LSU championship teams ". Just look at the NFL hall of fame. People are mad because soon TV deals will start to come to those HBCU conf

Deion wants that fsu job and he’s gonna leverage his recruiting for it. Watch.

10000%, lol. We are in the minority but I believe this is going to happen eventually too.

As for Coleman, great prospect but it’s all good. We got a front 7 difference maker and a much bigger need today in Moss.
Props to the kid for going a different route and I wish em luck, truly. Glad it wasn’t FSU if not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back