2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just compared an incoming Frosh to what Diontae Johnson has shown he can produce in the NFL. That is a really high floor. If you think that's laughable, you're projecting too far ahead, IMO.

As for Waddle, he was supposedly a sub 4.4 guy in HS. Any idea how rare that is in terms of vertical speed? No idea what Coleman is now, but probably high 4.4s or low 4.5s, which is still blazing. (He was a 4.61 guy like 2.5 years ago, as previously noted).

I'm the one who's talked up Coleman throughout this thread, as others have strangely used times and measurements from almost 3 years ago to project the kid. That said, let's not go crazy, either.

View attachment 171112
I feel you & get what you’re saying. My thing is I’m comparing talents coming out of HS & not the NFL. Coleman is a maxpreps 1st team All American & Mizzou Gatorade POY. He’s more gifted than Diontae Johnson at this current stage.

Advertisement
No, I am disagreeing with your inability to not speculate on the same post where you quote an interview.
Wut lmfao. Coleman said in the interview he doesn’t know the OC and it’s important that he knows…

What speculation did I add?

You’re fragile my guy.

LeedsCane be disagreeing with interviews LMFAO

Why is that so crazy? Kinda like when teammates give an interview and say "I have no idea where player x is going, they havent told me"

No they **** know well but they are not going to spill, If you look at the quote it looks like he was specifically asked about Miami's OC and he responded thats a big thing, mario said he will let me know ASAP.

Could you imagine if he just said oh I know who it is, Mario already told me? I think leeds was simply disagreeing with what he was saying to that reporter, i.e. he knows who the OC is.

Wut lmfao. Coleman said in the interview he doesn’t know the OC and it’s important that he knows…

You’re fragile my guy.
You’re really going to make me quote you? Dear God. Fine;
Not crazy. But in this just released interview it sounds like Cristobal hasn’t told him yet.

Coleman – like many – is eager to see who Cristobal tabs as his offensive coordinator.

"That's a big thing," Coleman admitted. "I talked to Coach [Cristobal]. He said he's going to let me know asap."

Seems like we haven’t locked an OC yet or Cristobal would have told him.

Now, kindly shut up about things you have no knowledge on. You are speculating and I disagreed with your speculation because it’s wrong. Simple enough?

Why is that so crazy? Kinda like when teammates give an interview and say "I have no idea where player x is going, they havent told me"

No they **** know well but they are not going to spill, If you look at the quote it looks like he was specifically asked about Miami's OC and he responded thats a big thing, mario said he will let me know ASAP.

Could you imagine if he just said oh I know who it is, Mario already told me? I think leeds was simply disagreeing with what he was saying to that reporter, i.e. he knows who the OC is.
This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Coleman wasn’t asked about the OC, he brought it up on his own. If he knew who the OC was, he probably wouldn’t mention it in his interview. He’d just say something like “I love miami and coach Cristobal. Great QB and we’re gonna have high powered offenses” etc.

Advertisement
I feel you & get what you’re saying. My thing is I’m comparing talents coming out of HS & not the NFL. Coleman is a maxpreps 1st team All American & Mizzou Gatorade POY. He’s more gifted than Diontae Johnson at this current stage.
Clearly. Diontae was a kid who had to go play in the MAC.

But, when I look at prospects, I look at how they move and how they "win." I see a lot of the same movements as Diontae has shown in the NFL. IMO, it's a **** of a compliment to Coleman. Coleman looks like he actually has more natural hands.

What he can grow into? We shall see. I also thought Jeff Thomas would develop differently.

Now, kindly shut up about things you have no knowledge on. You are speculating and I disagreed with your speculation because it’s wrong. Simple enough?
Irrelevant my fragile little boy. Coleman doesn’t know, that’s the point.

If Cristobal is gonna tell him ASAP, it means he’s gonna tell Coleman once he knows. That’s literally just reading comprehension lmao.

Advertisement
This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Coleman wasn’t asked about the OC, he brought it up on his own. If he knew who the OC was, he probably wouldn’t mention it in his interview. He’d just say something like “I love miami and coach Cristobal. Great QB and we’re gonna have high powered offenses” etc.

The first quote was "Thats a big thing" he is talking about the OC no? Seems like a question would have prompted that response instead of him just coming out and saying, "I like miami, but their lack of not having an OC yet concerns me, thats a big thing, Mario said he will let me know ASAP"

You are also assuming that everything the kid says is true. Players interviews about their own recruitment is actually probably one of the worst places to get info from. You probably believed Keef Bryant too right? Or Jobe when he said 100000% committed.

Clearly. Diontae was a kid who had to go play in the MAC.

But, when I look at prospects, I look at how they move and how they "win." I see a lot of the same movements as Diontae has shown in the NFL. IMO, it's a **** of a compliment to Coleman. Coleman looks like he actually has more natural hands.

What he can grow into? We shall see. I also thought Jeff Thomas would develop differently.
Jeff Thomas development got ruined by bad QB play & scheme. Jeff still made explosive game changing plays but we didn’t get to see it as often due to the things I mentioned above. This will be two totally different scenarios with Coleman.

You’re fragile my guy.
No, you’re fragile in thinking that Mario isn’t ready to announce his OC but also doesn’t want to tell a recruit and risk him leaking it. You thinking that not naming an OC by Saturday is an ‘issue’ is also a hilarious take

Advertisement
The first quote was "Thats a big thing" he is talking about the OC no? Seems like a question would have prompted that response instead of him just coming out and saying, "I like miami, but their lack of not having an OC yet concerns me, thats a big thing, Mario said he will let me know ASAP"

You are also assuming that everything the kid says is true. Players interviews about their own recruitment is actually probably one of the worst places to get info from. You probably believed Keef Bryant too right?
That’s true he could be lying. Idk, but the kid doesn’t strike me as a bull****ter.

Mario said he get back to him ASAP. The most logical reading of that interview is that Mario can’t say with confidence who our OC is, since it’s not yet totally secure. His commitment is in less than 24 hours, so i see very little difference in telling him now or tomorrow morning. Mario is probably working to get the OC hire done as we speak and hopefully he can say a name with a fair level of confidence to Coleman tonight/tomorrow.

No, you’re fragile in thinking that Mario isn’t ready to announce his OC but also doesn’t want to tell a recruit and risk him leaking it. You thinking that not naming an OC by Saturday is an ‘issue’ is also a hilarious take
But Mario told him he’s gonna tell him ASAP, so it seems pretty clear that Mario intends to tell him. Unless you think Mario is lying to the recruit lmfao.

Laugh at Coleman, not me. Coleman is saying it’s important, not me.

Jeff Thomas development got ruined by bad QB play & scheme. Jeff still made explosive game changing plays but we didn’t get to see it as often due to the things I mentioned above. This will be two totally different scenarios with Coleman.
Sure, partly. But, Jeff was also an impediment to his own growth. Berrios, as a counterexample, continued to get better as time went on despite scheme and QB limitations. And, clearly has continued to develop once he went pro.

Advertisement

nicksplat splat GIF

Btw why yall arguing about 40 times. Watch the tape and see who gets burnt for speed. When u wanna see if a guy is fast, watch how many times he beats the pursuit to the corner or if the defenders cut off the angle. I saw alot of that with Innis. Coleman is fast, Waddle is insanely fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back