2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 6.27.56 PM.png

Advertisement
Pope was ranked 43 and the 8th best WR in the country by 247. Wasn’t just Pete driving the hype. Revisionist history all we want Pope looked special at that point in time. He didn’t pan out, and that is ok.

Miami felt Elijah Moore was redundant after taking Harley and Jt4 and bringing in Pope in the 2018 class. Wanted more size and went with Ezzard. They ignored Moore, who was committed to UGA for a while. They did make a late to the party push for Tyquan Thorton who ended up Baylor
You’re right about revisionist history for sure

Pope was odd though he looked great in camps and 7 on 7 setting but a lot of people here that knew him better warned us. I do remember that

Pope was odd though he looked great in camps and 7 on 7 setting but a lot of people here that knew him better warned us. I do remember that
Yep he was a 7 on 7 hall of famer. Learned my lesson with him that I have to put more stock in actual tape and the type of tape… not just 9 routes running by unranked CBs but actually contested catches

Advertisement

I can not deny the last part. No doubt he had his detractors. I still believe he showed enough be a very productive player here.

His flashes in those settings were so high
Yep he was a 7 on 7 hall of famer. Learned my lesson with him that I have to put more stock in actual tape and the type of tape… not just 9 routes running by unranked CBs but actually contested catches
He was no doubt a 7on7 and camp hall of famer…and that made me and many others overrate his potential… but at paradise camp he caught some contested jump balls and looked like the best wr there alongside devonta smith.

Point of my post was it was not CiS alone hyping Pope’s potential and a couple of the other wrs we prioritized instead of Moore.

Btw this is based on 247 (Pope’s sr season isn’t on there). Two completely different outcomes obviously

Pope’s jr year: 37 receptions for 619 yards and seven touchdowns
Harley’s sr year: 35 rec 523 yards 9 TD’s

Kevin Coleman
2019: 76 receptions 1512 yards 21 TDS
2020: As a junior, scored 12 TD's in four games in shortened season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can not deny the last part. No doubt he had his detractors. I still believe he showed enough be a very productive player here.

His flashes in those settings were so high

He was no doubt a 7on7 and camp hall of famer…and that made me and many others overrate his potential… but at paradise camp he caught some contested jump balls and looked like the best wr there alongside devonta smith.

Point of my post was it was not CiS alone hyping Pope’s potential and a couple of the other wrs we prioritized instead of Moore.

Btw this is based on 247 (Pope’s sr season isn’t on there). Two completely different outcomes obviously

Pope’s jr year: 37 receptions for 619 yards and seven touchdowns
Harley’s sr year: 35 rec 523 yards 9 TD’s

Kevin Coleman
2019: 76 receptions 1512 yards 21 TDS
2020: As a junior, scored 12 TD's in four games in shortened season.
Tbh I think it’s still shocking how little he did here so I agree with you

Even his biggest detractors probably expected better than this

7 on 7 shows very little in how a wr deals with legit press coverage or physicality. Pope came across as soft and more of a flag football type of player

I’d like to see one of you guys go back and find those posts about Pope. I recall him being a “must get” “gotta take speed like that” and if we miss on poetry X or y, “it’s ok we got Pope.”
I feel like there are a few dudes that could eat some crow due to how his career played out. Same with Wiggins.
I could be wrong. That’s just my vague recollection. And I can’t go look because it’s a pain in the balls on my phone. Lol

Moore was a stud nice solid build too where Pope was a stick with no explosiveness. Speed and explosiveness in and out of breaks two different things. Those wr evals were fuqin horrible. If Pope went to bama he never sees the field that's 100% facts same like Hall. I hate when people will say if he went to bama he be a first rounder which is complete BS. Sorry for the vent J this ain't directed at you but the others.

Pete went all in on Pope and he was wrong like alot of people. I liked the Harley take but Moore looked better than all those guys in pads and in camps. His routes were amazing and the only route runner I saw better as of recent was Juedy. Moore was just like Juedy in the route tree with explosion to get speration. Anyone can run routes but those guys ran them explosively

Advertisement
Moore was a stud nice solid build too where Pope was a stick with no explosiveness. Speed and explosiveness in and out of breaks two different things. Those wr evals were fuqin horrible. If Pope went to bama he never sees the field that's 100% facts same like Hall. I hate when people will say if he went to bama he be a first rounder which is complete BS. Sorry for the vent J this ain't directed at you but the others.

Pete went all in on Pope and he was wrong like alot of people. I liked the Harley take but Moore looked better than all those guys in pads and in camps. His routes were amazing and the only route runner I saw better as of recent was Juedy. Moore was just like Juedy in the route tree with explosion to get speration. Anyone can run routes but those guys ran them explosively
Oh for sure my man I think you’re right

I just remember seeing a few Pope highlights from 7 on 7s and he looked pretty smooth. He wasn’t explosive or really fast but I thought he could be a good slot guy here. But the hype was absurd especially when that was without pads

Moore was a stud nice solid build too where Pope was a stick with no explosiveness. Speed and explosiveness in and out of breaks two different things. Those wr evals were fuqin horrible. If Pope went to bama he never sees the field that's 100% facts same like Hall.

Pete went all in on Pope and he was wrong like alot of people. Moore looked better than all those guys in pads and in camps.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.16.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.23.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.24.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.26.09 AM.png

There's always receipts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 169862

View attachment 169864

View attachment 169865

View attachment 169866

There's always receipts, you know. I left out the one where you agreed Pope reminded you of Marvin Harrison because of the The Three Knockdown Rule. 😛

D is a star *****, he justifies his rankings by the stars next to the name and who’s recruiting them. And to be fair he’d be right a lot more than he’s wrong with that strategy.

I’m sure there’s some crazy takes by me out there on Pope too, but once he arrived I was as hard as anyone on him. I knew we’d struck out with him. I actually ****ed folks off when I said this.

He was super tiny, he looked fragile. He also played very stiff snd had horrible hands. The key area that stuck me was his production in HS, that’s a red flag with me when I evaluate kids. He was the definition of a seven on seven superstar.

He also had other issues that I won’t go into detail on. That was as much of a problem as his physical issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back