Kevin Bronson holds off Commitment

Advertisement
But for reasons Bronson appeared reluctant to reveal, the University of Miami has clearly fallen out of Bronson's top spot.

"The Miami visit was really nice. I wouldn't say anything really pushed them down," he said. "I'm just saying Rutgers is that much higher up there for me."

lolz good luck.

Advertisement
But for reasons Bronson appeared reluctant to reveal, the University of Miami has clearly fallen out of Bronson's top spot.

"The Miami visit was really nice. I wouldn't say anything really pushed them down," he said. "I'm just saying Rutgers is that much higher up there for me."

lolz good luck.

Buttgers? Really?

i'm not that high on 6'2 de's really...kid seems like a tweener...and played @ an off brand school.

It sounds like something went wrong on the visit to UM either on his part or the Staffs' part. I am thinking he wanted to play the recruiting game of I want the offer and I will be a silent commit but still take visits because I would like see things outside of S. Florida. The staff probably told him commit an shut everything down or we pulling the offer period (Thanks I am sure to the circus put on by his cousin KB last year). Sounds like AG is not playing with these kids especially the projects, it sucks because I thought this kid could be a player, but man I love the Boss move by Don Golden.

Go Canes

Rutgers recruiting: Rutgers still on top for Florida DT, Kevin Bronson; Can the Knights close him out?

Todderick Hunt, NJ.com By Todderick Hunt, NJ.com
updated July 01, 2013 at 2:26 PM

The Scarlet Knights, who have only a few slots remaining within the recruiting class of 2014, would apparently like to utilize those spots to fulfill their greatest positions of need. One of those positions is interior defensive tackle. And with Rutgers seemingly cooling on in-state Millville (N.J.) defensive tackle, Antoine White -- who committed to Penn State this morning – Village Academy's (Delray Beach, Fla.) Kevin Bronson appears to be the top remaining target at the position. NJ.com caught up with Bronson Monday morning, who still claims Rutgers as his favorite.

"Rutgers is doing good," said the 6-3, 245 pound Bronson. "They are still my leader, they are still up there. The coaches, they keep it honest with me. They run a good system and I like the system that they run."

With Rutgers' recruiting class of 2014 almost full, is Bronson poised to make a commitment soon?

"I don't know, right now. I want to get a chance to visit the school. I wouldn't want to commit until I visit the school," said Bronson.

So when is Bronson going to visit Rutgers, a school recruiting him as a hybrid defensive end/tackle?

"I'm trying to get up there. I haven't set up anything officially yet. But I talked to coach Panagos this morning, not on the phone but on Facebook. He texted me in my inbox.

"He's trying to get me up there, soon. He really wants to coach me. He was trying to get me up there before, but I couldn't make it up. But it's a possibility I get up there, this month."

When asked which other team he favors besides Rutgers, Bronson didn't' quite have an answer; an indication that the Scarlet Knights are in a solid position.

"I know Rutgers, and... , and... I don't know," he said. "I know Rutgers is up there, and I don't even know if I have another school."

Miami was thought to be in position to run away with a commitment from Bronson soon after offering in June, as the athletic defender visited their campus just days after receiving the tender. Bronson also grew up a Miami fan, which led many analysts to believe that his recruitment was a foregone conclusion once the offer was extended.

Bronson who holds 17 offers including tenders from Miami (Fla.), Arkansas, USF and UCF, currently has no intentions to visit any schools besides Rutgers

Last edited:

lolz good luck.

Buttgers? Really?
Didnt you hear Christie is giving out bags of money?

Advertisement
Smells fishy to me. The U walked away from this one... The truth will eventually come out!

Go Canes..!

Advertisement
I can't name one player on Rutgers and that's saying something considering I follow CFB a lot. Have fun there man...

Advertisement
Back