Kevin Beard to Toledo....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sometimes you've got to move or starve. Most moves are done to enhance your future prospects, unless you're fired, but even then, making the right moves in the right direction is usually better than sitting in a position that you see has no future. Better to do it while you're young.

I wish him well. He was a good Cane

Advertisement
I forget, was he offered any position when HBCICM took over the job? was it only Larry Scott that got an offer of any kind?

And people were mad about Richt not retaining him. Lol.

I do wish he could have landed a position on their staff but glad he is chasing his dream.

The City of Toledo is probably the most miserable place I have been in the US. I was there in dead of winter. It sucked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
UM, UGA, FIA, UT, TOL. In a span on 2 years. Insane movement for KB

String of bad luck. Not sure he’s the greatest coach but this was a slippery slope for Beard, not really his fault. He took the UGA job to rebound from Miami but didn’t get a position role so moved to FIU to get back into coaching WRs. When Scott brought him over to UT he couldn’t pass that up, then that situation blows up in his face. He does come across as desperate. Not even WR coach at Toledo. Feel bad for him.

Don't knock it Iowa st isn't a great either but at one time these coaches cut their teeth there as an assistant.jimmy Johnson,gene stallings,Mac brown,Pete Carroll and pop warner to name a few

Advertisement
Back