Ke'tyrus Marks

Advertisement
He's listed at 285. And yes I watched the video. I'm the one who posted it.

Ok, this is silly...but seriously, the video itself says 275 at the beginning, the linked article says 275....and either way, he still looks small to me. Let me let you in on a secret, I am not recruiting coordinator for the U. You don't have to convince me.

2013 DT Monty Nelson is 10x better then this kid, why would he not be a plan B kid for UM. From his interviews he is a well spoken and blue collar type kid.

Something is wrong for UM to pass on a All County selection like Nelson. Mario your not at FIU anymore you can go after the big ballers now not just kids that could have potential.

Go Canes

Ok, this is silly...but seriously, the video itself says 275 at the beginning, the linked article says 275....and either way, he still looks small to me. Let me let you in on a secret, I am not recruiting coordinator for the U. You don't have to convince me.

You were evaluating his size from a video like you had some expertise.

I'm sorry, guess I shouldn't have assumed that was the point of posting the video. And I never claimed to be an expert. Btw, so what's he listed at???

2013 DT Monty Nelson is 10x better then this kid, why would he not be a plan B kid for UM. From his interviews he is a well spoken and blue collar type kid.

Something is wrong for UM to pass on a All County selection like Nelson. Mario your not at FIU anymore you can go after the big ballers now not just kids that could have potential.

Go Canes

Is there any video of Monty Nelson? I couldn't find any in my brief google search.

Advertisement

I'm sorry, guess I shouldn't have assumed that was the point of posting the video. And I never claimed to be an expert. Btw, so what's he listed at???

Do your recruiting evaluations like Coker and go to Rivals if you're interested.

Go Canes

Smh

Do your recruiting evaluations like Coker and go to Rivals if you're interested.

Thought so...also, not sure why you would take it personal that a message board poster would think a guy was 240-250 instead of 275, but lighten up man.

Advertisement

Thought so...also, not sure why you would take it personal that a message board poster would think a guy was 240-250 instead of 275, but lighten up man.

Nothing was personal until you responded with "Let me let you in on a secret, I am not recruiting coordinator for the U. You don't have to convince me."

That wasn't condescending at all.

He is not stiff, they play a read and react style of defense just like UM. So he is reading his keys, which he does quickly (high football IQ), then reacts well in traffic to make the tackle.

He had good stats in 2012 considering he was doubled team on practily everyplay as a NT, but still made all county. A ton of big 10 schools after him, so you know he can play grown man football in the middle.

Broward All County Team (Big School)
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/01/15/01/30/fH6Xa.So.56.pdf

NT Monty Nelson 6'2" 310lbs man in the middle, rumors have been that UM is looking to move to a 3-4 and this kid has potential after a red shirt year of playing a 0-techinique an commanding a double team. He seems like a humble kid, but a blue collar type which is what you need in NT. He was an All County Selection with 80tkls and 12 sacks from the NT spot often being double teamed. He is not the **** pick at DT/NT but he is solid 3* S. FLA pick that teams like BAMA in 3 yrs turn into monsters.
DT Monty Nelson Talks Recruiting | Watch the video - Yahoo! Sports

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Looks a bit like Corey King, with longer arms. Does Suncoast have talented juniors? We have maniac recruiters thinking about all things recruiting now, so you have consider all angles.

Advertisement
He is not stiff, they play a read and react style of defense just like UM. So he is reading his keys, which he does quickly (high football IQ), then reacts well in traffic to make the tackle.

He had good stats in 2012 considering he was doubled team on practily everyplay as a NT, but still made all county. A ton of big 10 schools after him, so you know he can play grown man football in the middle.

Broward All County Team (Big School)
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/01/15/01/30/fH6Xa.So.56.pdf

NT Monty Nelson 6'2" 310lbs man in the middle, rumors have been that UM is looking to move to a 3-4 and this kid has potential after a red shirt year of playing a 0-techinique an commanding a double team. He seems like a humble kid, but a blue collar type which is what you need in NT. He was an All County Selection with 80tkls and 12 sacks from the NT spot often being double teamed. He is not the **** pick at DT/NT but he is solid 3* S. FLA pick that teams like BAMA in 3 yrs turn into monsters.
DT Monty Nelson Talks Recruiting | Watch the video - Yahoo! Sports

Go Canes!

Can you link to where anyone on the Miami staff has said the defense is moving to a "3-4".

AG has said it many times we want to run multiple fronts, if we where a 4-3 , then moving to A 3-4 also would make us multiple.

Anyone know why UM has stayed away from Monty Nelson?

Go Canes

Suncoast DT Ke'Tyrus Marks RT “@showthief_90: Headed to Fayetteville”

From twitter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back