Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You say that as if uga had some great secondary(they don’t play dominant passing offenses either). Meanwhile Miami had the #1 pass defense and who was Campbell as a true freshman starting over jackson? No. bandy? No. At best he would have been a #3 corner for Miami last year .

Campbell would not have been a #3 corner. He would've been a starter.

Cap he would’ve took bandys spot bro I know you guys don’t like him because he choose the bag guys but he would’ve helped fill out our roster while truly being that big shut down corner we desperately needed and allowing us to place bandy in the slot while playing nickel as another safety type when going against the spread.
Was Campbell shut down last year? Far from it.... bandy had a MUCH better season than Campbell , it’s actually incomparable tbqh but cook... You underrating bandy period right now who was one of the better cbs in the country

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was Campbell shut down last year? Far from it.... bandy had a MUCH better season than Campbell , it’s actually incomparable tbqh but cook... You underrating bandy period right now who was one of the better cbs in the country
View attachment 86547
I still don't understand people on a Hurricanes board backing up a kid who said peace and went to a school that hasn't won anything since before I was born over the dawgs we had last year in the secondary that out performed him. Can he be good probably, but he wasn't a shut down corner last year and you're right he would not have played over those two guys. Dean, yes and he would be in the rotation, but Bandy has proven whether in the slot or on the boundary he is going to play the man in front of him and do it well!

NO Stevenson always said he didn't care where he played. ONE TIME after he went to Georgia-where they are using him as a CB - he said something about this and that's all people remember.
Thanks for the in
It doesn’t matter what position we recruited him at. If we had 200k to match UGA, we could have recruited him to play center and he would have come. The bag is what mattered most not position.
You are missing the point.

Gents, we have a real problem if either of you believe that the reason TS did not come here was because he felt we recruited him out of position. There was one reason, err several hundred thousand reasons he went to Jawja.
We could have recruited him to be the Assistant Head Coach and he would not have come here. Plain and simple.
That isn't the point. Read the post again.

View attachment 86547
How did I underestimate bandy by stating the obvious coach Rumph wouldn’t sit that kid on the bench bro sorry he would’ve helped him become exactly what he was hyped up to be that’s nothing against Trajan that’s an assessment from the kids talent and build and relationship with coach and our coaches loving a certain type to be placed on the outside to protect the backend of our defense in my opinion

Advertisement
Who would he have started over? Miami returned 2 established guys who had very solid seasons the year prior

TC's got a higher ceiling than Bandy; that's likely whom he would've started over as Bandy's built more for a slot corner role. Bandy's got the better coaching with Rumph. Also, Baker was the starting corner opposite of TC whom happen to be a 1st round pick.

How did I underestimate bandy by stating the obvious coach Rumph wouldn’t sit that kid on the bench bro sorry he would’ve helped him become exactly what he was hyped up to be that’s nothing against Trajan that’s an assessment from the kids talent and build and relationship with coach and our coaches loving a certain type to be placed on the outside to protect the backend of our defense in my opinion
He wouldn’t have sat, but he also wouldn’t haven’t started both Jackson and bandy were high quality players and played like it

CJ Henderson was made to look foolish a few times as a true freshman, too. Still wish he were playing for us and not Florida. Campbell may have been#3 here last year, Stevenson may have been #3 or #4 for us this year. But there is no doubt that, like Henderson, they would have started for us a couple of years and improved our overall defense.

I'm not a "sky is falling" guy. Our DBs have been very good if not great, and I don't think our W/L record would have been much different if we had gotten those 3 DBs vs. the DBs we've fielded the past couple of years. But every now and then an elite kid takes over the game, makes a play that no one else can. Or they prevent an equivalent talent on the opponent's team from doing so. We need more of those kids on our team to go from Coastal contender to national contender..

Advertisement
Thanks for the in

You are missing the point.
No you are. Recruits playing offense vs defense may matter but being interchangeable in the secondary won’t be the reason kids don’t come to Miami. For the ones talking about this or that coach is this or that bc he didn’t recruit this kid at that position are just wasting energy. TS would be a Cane if money wasn’t involved, not a **** secondary position smh.

Campbell got pulled as starter about halfway through the season. He did get playing time in games after that. I believe it was in the bowl game vs Texas that he started again.
Kid wasnt physical too light in the *** he needs more development

That isn't the point. Read the post again.
Dude, I read and reread the post. Kid wasn't coming here. He and his sister got a hook up and mom probably did too! Rique said that he did not have a problem playing safety or DB.
Kid took the bag and ran with it. He and his family are hooked up for the next 4, unless he gets passed up and hits the Portal.

Advertisement
He wouldn’t have sat, but he also wouldn’t haven’t started both Jackson and bandy were high quality players and played like it
You have your beliefs and I have mine bandy wouldn’t have started this year if dean was reliable as a cover corner or if maleek young didn’t get hurt. That’s not to belittle him it’s just facts so take away the games that solidified that in your mind his starting spot and look at them both competing I think coach would’ve chosen his disciple to start and mix Trajan in to really posterize our secondary

You have your beliefs and I have mine bandy wouldn’t have started this year if dean was reliable as a cover corner or if maleek young didn’t get hurt. That’s not to belittle him it’s just facts so take away the games that solidified that in your mind his starting spot and look at them both competing I think coach would’ve chosen his disciple to start and mix Trajan in to really posterize our secondary
It’s absolutely belittling him and insinuating that just because he short he can’t be an outside corner in your eyes. Trajan is a dog period size be damned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back