Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight. Tyrique Stevenson who was in our backyard and whom we wanted badly as he was an elite prospect, preferred CB to Safety. We knew this and still recruited him at Safety while our competition was recruiting him at CB?

I don't give a **** what anyone says. That's incompetence pure and simple. I'll even go further and say it's gross negligence! Am I the only one that finds that disturbing? I realize that UGA bought him but that's actually besides the point. Just more evidence that the entire recruiting operation under Richt was a circus side show. Will it turn around under Diaz? It had better.

NO Stevenson always said he didn't care where he played. ONE TIME after he went to Georgia-where they are using him as a CB - he said something about this and that's all people remember.

Advertisement
I had a feeling that it was Diaz. I don't know if it's going to be different with Diaz as the head coach with a new recruiting staff but like I said before it had better. As far as Richt recruiting Tebow and Newton as TEs, I'm so not surprised.
I mean...its not like it was a terrible decision. NFL coaches are still trying to get Tebow to play TE. Cam just makes it work by being a tremendous dual threat. I could see him being a beast at TE though as well. Its only bad cuz QB is the most important position on the field...and both those players dominated there in college.

Let me get this straight. Tyrique Stevenson who was in our backyard and whom we wanted badly as he was an elite prospect, preferred CB to Safety. We knew this and still recruited him at Safety while our competition was recruiting him at CB?

I don't give a **** what anyone says. That's incompetence pure and simple. I'll even go further and say it's gross negligence! Am I the only one that finds that disturbing? I realize that UGA bought him but that's actually besides the point. Just more evidence that the entire recruiting operation under Richt was a circus side show. Will it turn around under Diaz? It had better.
It doesn’t matter what position we recruited him at. If we had 200k to match UGA, we could have recruited him to play center and he would have come. The bag is what mattered most not position.

Advertisement

Our recruiting/Evaluations have been a Sh*tshow for 18yrs....Yeah...every now and then we get a Good one...But more misses than anything...Coker...Shannon...Golden & Richt were Poor too Terrible Recruiters...especially in the Evaluation Dept....

Our recruiting/Evaluations have been a Sh*tshow for 18yrs....Yeah...every now and then we get a Good one...But more misses than anything...Coker...Shannon...Golden & Richt were Poor too Terrible Recruiters...especially in the Evaluation Dept....

Evaluations can't have been that bad, if 10+ years of 7-6 still has us putting big numbers into the League.

Lol at Bags...There were Plethora of Bags from 95-2000...I'm talking Bunches...
Evaluations can't have been that bad, if 10+ years of 7-6 still has us putting big numbers into the League.
Big Numbers for the Last 10yrs??...Lol...Where??...Big Numbers from 84-2004??...Absolutely...But the last 10+ yrs there have not been Big numbers...How many 1st Rounders and Draft picks from 08 till 2018??...Compared to 1998-2007??....**** right evaluations and recruiting have suffered Terribly....

Last edited:
Lol at Bags...There were Plethora of Bags from 95-2000...I'm talking Bunches...

Big Numbers for the Last 10yrs??...Lol...Where??...Big Numbers from 84-2004??...Absolutely...But the last 10+ yrs there have not been Big numbers...How many 1st Rounders and Draft picks from 08 till 2018??...Compared to 1998-2007??....**** right evaluations and recruiting has suffered Terribly....

We're top ten in putting players in the pros over that span - which is higher than we've finished in any poll. Cupboard wasn't full, but it wasn't bare, either.

Advertisement

Gents, we have a real problem if either of you believe that the reason TS did not come here was because he felt we recruited him out of position. There was one reason, err several hundred thousand reasons he went to Jawja.
We could have recruited him to be the Assistant Head Coach and he would not have come here. Plain and simple.

We're top ten in putting players in the pros over that span - which is higher than we've finished in any poll. Cupboard wasn't full, but it wasn't bare, either.
Not even close....Show me all these 1st 3 rounders the last 10+ yrs....and then show me the 1st 3 rounders from the yrs I mentioned above (4 HOFers too Boot)

Advertisement
Not even close....Show me all these 1st 3 rounders the last 10+ yrs....and then show me the 1st 3 rounders from the yrs I mentioned above (4 HOFers too Boot)

Don't know if you're just trying to be argumentative or what. We have not had as good a recruiting patch as those years - which you'd expect after not being in championship discussions in 15 years. But somehow, with sanctions, .500 records , blow-out bowl losses, we've still been top 10 in putting people in the league. Crappy teams, who have not averaged top ten recruiting classes, should not be doing this. Unless the evaluating has at least been decent.

Here are the recruiting rankings, starting with last year (rivals)

We're either training up players (which I doubt), or doing a better job of identifying talent.

Last edited:
He started for UGA and would of been a starter for us last year.
You say that as if uga had some great secondary(they don’t play dominant passing offenses either). Meanwhile Miami had the #1 pass defense and who was Campbell as a true freshman starting over jackson? No. bandy? No. At best he would have been a #3 corner for Miami last year .

Last edited:
Advertisement
We can have a staff full of “elite recruiters” and we’re still going to end up with plan Bs and Cs.

If we have Corey Raymond as CB coach, does TC say no to the bags and the job for his sister? No.

You can input any coach with any bag recruit and the result doesn’t change.

Realist post in this thread

You can lock it now

Me personally, I'm not a fan of some of the coaching staff Manny has surrounded himself with.

Enos will get the job done but I'm not as big on him as everyone else on here. The OCs from North Texas and Memphis would have brought better schemes that fit Miami. Getting in a huddle and running a pro style at Miami makes zero sense to me. Briles would have been my first choice.

Baker was the homerun hire. Manny's protégé and I believe he's one of the next elite DCs in CFB.

Field is going to be an Ace recruiter for us. Hickson has potential in that category too.

Rumph and Banda are both decent at recruiting but the way they develop players is what makes them good coaches.

Patke, Stroud, Stubblefield are all replacabe. I wouldn't grade any of those coaches above a D. Hopefully they won't be here long.

I guess 2019 will be a prove it year for you. Keep you ears and eyes open

We can have a staff full of “elite recruiters” and we’re still going to end up with plan Bs and Cs.

If we have Corey Raymond as CB coach, does TC say no to the bags and the job for his sister? No.

You can input any coach with any bag recruit and the result doesn’t change.
Mike Drop!

You say that as if uga had some great secondary(they don’t play dominant passing offenses either). Meanwhile Miami had the #1 pass defense and who was Campbell as a true freshman starting over jackson? No. bandy? No. At best he would have been a #3 corner for Miami last year .
Cap he would’ve took bandys spot bro I know you guys don’t like him because he choose the bag guys but he would’ve helped fill out our roster while truly being that big shut down corner we desperately needed and allowing us to place bandy in the slot while playing nickel as another safety type when going against the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back