Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think this is the plan. Stroud was not brought on to be an on the field coach. I hope next year is the year we bring Patrick home!
Me personally, I'm not a fan of some of the coaching staff Manny has surrounded himself with.

Enos will get the job done but I'm not as big on him as everyone else on here. The OCs from North Texas and Memphis would have brought better schemes that fit Miami. Getting in a huddle and running a pro style at Miami makes zero sense to me. Briles would have been my first choice.

Baker was the homerun hire. Manny's protégé and I believe he's one of the next elite DCs in CFB.

Field is going to be an Ace recruiter for us. Hickson has potential in that category too.

Rumph and Banda are both decent at recruiting but the way they develop players is what makes them good coaches.

Patke, Stroud, Stubblefield are all replacabe. I wouldn't grade any of those coaches above a D. Hopefully they won't be here long.

Advertisement
Me personally, I'm not a fan of some of the coaching staff Manny has surrounded himself with.

Enos will get the job done but I'm not as big on him as everyone else on here. The OCs from North Texas and Memphis would have brought better schemes that fit Miami. Getting in a huddle and running a pro style at Miami makes zero sense to me. Briles would have been my first choice.

Baker was the homerun hire. Manny's protégé and I believe he's one of the next elite DCs in CFB.

Field is going to be an Ace recruiter for us. Hickson has potential in that category too.

Rumph and Banda are both decent at recruiting but the way they develop players is what makes them good coaches.

Patke, Stroud, Stubblefield are all replacabe. I wouldn't grade any of those coaches above a D. Hopefully they won't be here long.
I thought that at 1st about Enos but after looking at his body of work you can see why he was Manny's 1st choice. His offense is simple yet it appears complex. He's a QB whisperer(Briles is not) and he will play a "pro style" system but it's very loose in a sense because that pigskin is going to be spread around frequently. When I think of an Enos offense, I think of the Chiefs and Andy Reid....
Briles runs a gimmick, quick pass offense and although it may be effective it does not prepare kids for the next level at alllllll. Look at Bryce Petty, he couldn't identify who the MLB was when he got to the league smh.

As far as the rest of the new staff Manny brought in...Only ones I like so far are baker and fields. Everybody else is poor at recruiting but i understand why they were brought in. Manny gave Enos full autonomy over the offense and in doing so he gave him freedom with his hires. Enos is a demanding guy and i don't blame him for bringing in guys he's familiar with and believes are good coaches. If I had to choose, I would rather have good developers than good recruiters(of course in a perfect world I would want both).The continuity should pay off on the offensive side of the ball similar to the defensive side under Manny.

In hindsight, I doubt Manny would've hired Patke like Richt did last year. Not to say Patke is a bad guy or a bad coach because I think he did an amazing job with the striker position but he could've taught the striker position as a GA and we could've hired another ACE recruiter for that 10th position on the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought that at 1st about Enos but after looking at his body of work you can see why he was Manny's 1st choice. His offense is simple yet it appears complex. He's a QB whisperer(Briles is not) and he will play a "pro style" system but it's very loose in a sense because that pigskin is going to be spread around frequently. When I think of an Enos offense, I think of the Chiefs and Andy Reid....
Briles runs a gimmick, quick pass offense and although it may be effective it does not prepare kids for the next level at alllllll. Look at Bryce Petty, he couldn't identify who the MLB was when he got to the league smh.
Some may call it a gimmick offense but I call it a top 5 ranked offense in CFB. U said the offense doesn't prepare players for the league but Lincoln Riley runs a very similar offense and that didn't stop Kyler Murray from getting drafted number one, or Hollywood Brown going in the first round, and it didn't stop NFL coaches from going to Norman to see how Riley runs his offense.

If I had to choose between players succeeding at Miami but not in the NFL or succeeding in the NFL but not Miami (how it's been for 15 years), I would choose the former 10/10.

As far as Enos being a QB whisperer and Briles not being one I could argue Briles has done more with less. I can almost guarantee his QBs have put up better number than Enos'.

Advertisement
Yea bc if he didn’t wanna move his family last year he definitely wouldve wanted to move them the year before.

Mizzou mr I hate to recruit was on CMR’s inaugural staff in 2016. That wasn’t the year before. CMR hired the ATL dude last year. Patrick would have absolutely taken the UM job at that time in 2016.

Last edited:
Mizzou mr I hate to recruit was on CMR’s inaugural staff in 2016. That wasn’t the year before. CMR hired the ATL dude last year. Patrick would have absolutely taken the UM job at that time in 2016.

I’m a year off you’re right. In hindsight yea it would’ve been a better fit. Although Kul was a homerun hire at the time. Maybe Richt just didn’t do his homework and didn’t know he hated recruiting.

I’m a year off you’re right. In hindsight yea it would’ve been a better fit. Although Kul was a homerun hire at the time. Maybe Richt just didn’t do his homework and didn’t know he hated recruiting.
2 years off. I agree Richt didn’t do homework. He went with an SEC guy he played against. CMR nepotism at its finest.

Advertisement
Well, since you want to bring this back up...

1.) I've said from jump that UT will be hard to beat for this kid.
2.) I wasn't JUST talking about Lawrence in particular. R-E-A-D what I said and answer my first question. It's a simple yes/no. Some clearly think the answer is yes, and I find that ridiculous.
3.) This "really isn't Banda" as we are clearly recruiting the kid as a CB. Forget what the ******* recruiting sites list him as. We are recruiting him as a CORNERBACK and RUMPH is his primary and has been the main one recruiting him and RUMPH was the one that went to see him during spring eval, not Banda. But sure, prematurely pin this on Banda. And no, I'm not Captain Save Banda either, but atleast let's atleast label this kids recruiter correctly. It's RUMPH, not Banda.
Correct on all counts!

I agree with that, I think it's smart to recruit him at CB because that's the mistake we made with Ty Stevenson recruiting him to play Safety when he 100% wanted to play Corner. Obviously he got paid so it wouldn't have mattered in the end, but still lol.
Let me get this straight. Tyrique Stevenson who was in our backyard and whom we wanted badly as he was an elite prospect, preferred CB to Safety. We knew this and still recruited him at Safety while our competition was recruiting him at CB?

I don't give a **** what anyone says. That's incompetence pure and simple. I'll even go further and say it's gross negligence! Am I the only one that finds that disturbing? I realize that UGA bought him but that's actually besides the point. Just more evidence that the entire recruiting operation under Richt was a circus side show. Will it turn around under Diaz? It had better.

Let me get this straight. Tyrique Stevenson who was in our backyard and whom we wanted badly as he was an elite prospect, preferred CB to Safety. We knew this and still recruited him at Safety while our competition was recruiting him at CB?

I don't give a **** what anyone says. That's incompetence pure and simple. I'll even go further and say it's gross negligence! Am I the only one that finds that disturbing? I realize that UGA bought him but that's actually besides the point. Just more evidence that the entire recruiting operation under Richt was a circus side show. Will it turn around under Diaz? It had better.

Richt recruited Tebow and Cam Newton as TE's. Also, Diaz was in control of defensive recruiting. Richt wasn't the one that made the decision to recruit Ty as a Safety.

Richt recruited Tebow and Cam Newton as TE's. Also, Diaz was in control of defensive recruiting. Richt wasn't the one that made the decision to recruit Ty as a Safety.
I had a feeling that it was Diaz. I don't know if it's going to be different with Diaz as the head coach with a new recruiting staff but like I said before it had better. As far as Richt recruiting Tebow and Newton as TEs, I'm so not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back