Keontra Smith a striker now?

Advertisement
Gilbert needs to stay at Striker. He got toasted once. Besides that, he played very well in steed of Finley.

And I think I few people have already said this, but Amari is not good in coverage. So, move him to linebacker. He's bigger than half of our current backers. Why not?

so you would rather go back to seeing the Will get smoked every other down by the Slot? Ok...

No. I'd rather have them just sub in an additional DB when the opposing personnel calls for it. You know, like all the big time schools in college football do.

Advertisement
I'd like for you to tell us all how exactly having a "nickle linebacker" role has set the team back.

See what happens the past couple of years if we replaced Finley's reps with McCloud.

No one said McCloud had to get all those reps. When an extra WR is in the game, you bring a true DB in. When it's a TE / RB, stick in base. You know, the thing that the perennial best teams in the country do.

The Striker position leaves us in the terrible in between. The sunken place.

I think Carter could do what Finley was asked to do in 2018 and 2019. Striker doesn’t cover so much you can’t work around it. But either as striker or linebacker would be better than Safety.

I realize it’s a projection. But K Smith will handle the #3 spot IMHO. He was an unsung hero of his class while everyone was pining about losing Battle. And I wouldn’t be shocked if A Williams could see a lot of action right away.

Advertisement
Absolutely waste to put him at striker already. Just like Gil, the kid had no time to develop. Our safety depth is @ss and half the kids being brought in are immediately kicking to striker.

No one said McCloud had to get all those reps. When an extra WR is in the game, you bring a true DB in. When it's a TE / RB, stick in base. You know, the thing that the perennial best teams in the country do.

The Striker position leaves us in the terrible in between. The sunken place.
Most teams run 11 personel no matter the situation..they run the ball in 10 personel too..gil,smith, finely are all true DBs..but are physical, versatile and big enough to play in the box while also handling coverage responsibilities..4-2-5 or 3-3-5 or even 3-2-6 is what just about everyone is running to combat what offenses are doing today..in our situation our 4th and 5th corners were couch and Williams..why would any DC put them as their nickel DB in possible run situations?

Bolden looked a lot better in his little time, especially after his reps increased. They were actually using Amari at striker and Bolden at safety on third downs a lot up until the injury. Cooper is better at striker , he’s a mess in space.
That was our Dime package and has been for a couple seasons

Advertisement
Striker=3rd Safety..that’s exactly what it is. Our fan base has warped it into being something more than it is

We rarely to never ran that , pink and Shaq were always on the field. We ran it more when the injuries happened at lb. We were in nickel majority of the time this year when guys were healthy. Maybe some 3-2-6 dime occasionally but nickel was a large portion of the d.

I think Huff is a natural for what they are asking that Striker position to do...I mean, I would like him at LB too, but man if that spot isn't made for him.
Completely agree. Huff has so much length and played safety at STA so he'd be ideal to play that position.

Advertisement
Most teams run 11 personel no matter the situation..they run the ball in 10 personel too..gil,smith, finely are all true DBs..but are physical, versatile and big enough to play in the box while also handling coverage responsibilities..4-2-5 or 3-3-5 or even 3-2-6 is what just about everyone is running to combat what offenses are doing today..in our situation our 4th and 5th corners were couch and Williams..why would any DC put them as their nickel DB in possible run situations?

You're missing my point. When we move guys to striker we immediately bulk them up over their natural weight hurting their natural coverage skills yet still aren't big enough to handle at point of attack. Just let DBs be DBs and let LBs be LBs. It's that simple. It's not rocket science. It's what the good teams actually do.

Just put your best 11 on D. Then your second. Give me 22 guys on D you can count on.

Advertisement
Back