Keontra Smith a striker now?

Advertisement
Bolden looked a lot better in his little time, especially after his reps increased. They were actually using Amari at striker and Bolden at safety on third downs a lot up until the injury. Cooper is better at striker , he’s a mess in space.
You mean carter? Not sure we a cooper on the team?

Advertisement
Because at striker you have to play a lot of coverage and man at that. Carter can’t cover and you don’t want him in that situation and on top of that he is slow. Carter is at his best in the box and blitzing

Carter lining up on d-line as a spy was pretty effective too.

Yep, he’s the one guy that fits it best. I would say move him to striker but we already want to move everyone there as it is.

I was shocked that we moved both Frierson and Smith there over Carter. Might be the staff tipping their hand that the defense is really a 4-2-5 with a big nickel, which I guess doesn't really fit Carter's skillset, as he is really only good at coming forward.

Advertisement
Yep, he’s the one guy that fits it best. I would say move him to striker but we already want to move everyone there as it is.
Fck striker. Carter reminds me of Ray Ray. He has no real business playing Safety, but he could be a very capable LB. He can easily add 10 pounds, and he loves contact and putting a hat on you. I like him attacking more than I like him trying to turn and run.

Fck striker. Carter reminds me of Ray Ray. He has no real business playing Safety, but he could be a very capable LB. He can easily add 10 pounds, and he loves contact and putting a hat on you. I like him attacking more than I like him trying to turn and run.

I never saw him as a safety.

Advertisement
We have so many desktop and smart phone coaches..I luv it. Keep carter at S..keep Huff at the traditional LB spot...keep Gil and keontra at Nickel/Stker..Amari carter is fine at S given what we ask of our safeties

Advertisement
Amari Carter would flourish as a LB in this system. Would love to see that. At safety have a 3 man rotation with Bolden, Hall and Tae.

If carter sucks he shouldn’t play. Simple as that. But this staff will play seniority
So true.. They are obsessed with anyone who’s a senior. Like Richt was obsessed with Rosier’s “maturity”. You can be “mature” and be an experienced senior but still not be good. Jeremiah Payton and Jahfari Harvey were two players last year who should not have been redshirted IMO. They literally never played. PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS.

Carter is great at blitzin on a straight line, but IMHO, Carter doesn’t seem good at diagnosing opponents plays. What happens if the Canes can generate a pass rush with Phillips, Rousseau, Roche, Harvey and company, and need DBs who can read and make plays in coverage? Not sure if Carter should play more than the other playmakers we have who can cover much better and make plays on the ball in coverage and in space

Advertisement
Back