Rumor Keontra Is Not in the Portal

Advertisement
I was one. Thought he would be great. of course I also thought Gurvan Hall, Ivey, Carter, Blades, Frierson would all play much better than they did. Along with a number of other defensive players Manny brought in that never produced at a high level for us. That‘s on the coaches for bad evals and development. Wish nothing but the best for Keontra.

I was all in on Frierson. He just couldn't find a place after the coaching change.

I was one. Thought he would be great. of course I also thought Gurvan Hall, Ivey, Carter, Blades, Frierson would all play much better than they did. Along with a number of other defensive players Manny brought in that never produced at a high level for us. That‘s on the coaches for bad evals and development. Wish nothing but the best for Keontra.
Always wonder if these guys (some not all) would have different outcomes career-wise if they played under a different head coach/program from the beginning of their careers.

There's a lot to be said about how devastating it can be for a player's development and mindset when he shows up ready to work only to experience those who are getting all the playing time aren't work hard and tend to be the slap-di*cks on the team. Few people thrive in those situations, or better yet maximize their potential

Don’t want to **** all over one of our own but how you a depth piece here and you declaring for the nfl? This isn’t Georgia or Bama; dude got past up by transfers and youngsters.

Advertisement
Always wonder if these guys (some not all) would have different outcomes career-wise if they played under a different head coach/program from the beginning of their careers.

There's a lot to be said about how devastating it can be for a player's development and mindset when he shows up ready to work only to experience those who are getting all the playing time aren't work hard and tend to be the slap-di*cks on the team. Few people thrive in those situations, or better yet maximize their potential

I think bad Miami coaching killed a lot of dreams unnecessarily. Which is why I don't blame the local kids who left due to "a business decision". As did the at times toxic culture. ... But let's also acknowledge that there were a lot of overrated kids who wouldn't have done well under any regime. They just weren't P4 level.

Could be talking about draft beer cause he’s definitely going pro in something other than sports. Got a degree from the university of Miami though. That’s already a nice head start.

Linebackers committed to Diaz while Miamis DC/HC:

(Converted some safeties like Smith and this is just a quick list there could be some things to change as far as circumstances)

Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Tirek Austin Cave
Corey Flagg
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Waynmon Steed
Deandre Wilder
Bradley Jennings

Not sure about the year where we got Shaq/Pinckney/McCloud I don’t remember details there (Golden guys)

Last edited:
Advertisement

(Converted some safeties like Smith and this is just a quick list there could be some things to change as far as circumstances)

Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Tirek Austin Cave
Corey Flagg
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Waynmon Steed
Deandre Wilder
Bradley Jennings

Not sure about the year where we got Shaq/Pinckney/McCloud I don’t remember details there

Shaq, Pinck and McCloud all committed way early to Golden.

Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Tirek Austin Cave
Corey Flagg
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Waynmon Steed
Deandre Wilder
Bradley Jennings

Not sure about the year where we got Shaq/Pinckney/McCloud I don’t remember details there

My Gawd lol

This is why ultimately think Diaz won’t hold up even at Duke. He needs horses for his attacking style of defense and I don’t think he can attain them there. Elko played a complete 180 style on defense. A conservative, primarily zone style that required sound, fundamental play. Will be interesting to observe going forward.

Advertisement

Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Tirek Austin Cave
Corey Flagg
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Waynmon Steed
Deandre Wilder
Bradley Jennings

Not sure about the year where we got Shaq/Pinckney/McCloud I don’t remember details there (Golden guys)
**** I thought Cave was going to be a player too. Plus he was from Jersey

My Gawd lol

This is why ultimately think Diaz won’t hold up even at Duke. He needs horses for his attacking style of defense and I don’t think he can attain them there. Elko played a complete 180 style on defense. A conservative, primarily zone style that required sound, fundamental play. Will be interesting to observe going forward.
I knew it was bad but man this made me big sad

There was one year we didn’t have a linebacker commit at all.

I had to keep rechecking the commit list to make sure I wasn’t missing something

Advertisement

Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Tirek Austin Cave
Corey Flagg
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Waynmon Steed
Deandre Wilder
Bradley Jennings

Insert puking gif

Insert puking gif
IMG_2699.gif

Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Tirek Austin Cave
Corey Flagg
Avery Huff
Sam Brooks
Waynmon Steed
Deandre Wilder
Bradley Jennings

Sweet baby jesus christ

Advertisement
Back