Kentucky loses to UNCW

Let's see how we fare defensively when we play good teams. Kentucky was the first of many tough tests we'll be facing.

Was our problem on D against the Cats "low energy," or just flat out soft defense.

All the rebounds resulting in second and third opportunities for opponents needs addressing. Too regular an occurrence. Norchad looks like the sole guy we have contesting anything/hitting the boards inside. And, thanks to the NBA combine, we now know he's only 6'5 or thereabouts

Just from an "eye test," this team looks a good bit softer to me defensively than last season's squad (which was no great defensive shakes in itself).

We played like the whole team had a concussion... drunk and sloppy. Hope the football season isn't repeating itself

Advertisement
I posted on here other day one of my good friends is from Kentucky. I told him after the game “ y’all might be in trouble next game with how you shot tonight”. His response “ not next game , we have UNCW next lol”
You were right, but that says a lot about us.

I game means ****, but we also got decimated by a team who just got caught.

I think L knows all this…but this squad needs a serious kick in the *** like early last year about fundamental boxing the fu k out and defense…it’s our only chance long haul.

You were right, but that says a lot about us.

I game means ****, but we also got decimated by a team who just got caught.

I think L knows all this…but this squad needs a serious kick in the *** like early last year about fundamental boxing the fu k out and defense…it’s our only chance long haul.

Yesterday's game was sloppy as heck..

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

I watched a lot of that game. They really played flat. Didn't move the ball, way too many forced shots and isos. Defensively they were awful on switches and close outs. They just didn't look a thing like they did against us. Which is par for the course. Teams always bring it against us. Everyone else? Ehh... we'll see how we feel.

Advertisement
Kentucky was always going to give their best effort against Miami.

New ACC/SEC challenge. It was at home. Miami was a top 10 team coming into their building off a final 4 appearance.

It's similar to how Miami plays when Duke or UNC comes to Miami. We are going to give better effort than against N.C. State or Boston College, human nature.

Kentucky played really hard against us. They expended a lot thats why they got upset the following game.

I thought that we did a good job of rebounding from a bad loss by beating a solid p5 team in ND. I think it helped reduce the steps down we could have taken in the rankings.

Kentucky will have to answer for their loss to unc wilmington. Its counted right now as a bad loss.

Advertisement
Back