Kenny Dillingham to FSU

I think some of yall are sincerely sleep on just how good an offensive mind that Norvell is.

Don't even take into account what he did at Memphis, what he was able to do at AZ St was outstanding making a below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like an All-Conference player.

Taylor Kelly was a low 3-star QB with an 81 rating coming out of Idaho & Norvell had him putting up back to back 3,000 - 3600yds passing seasons.

The last time AZ St even won 10 games in a season was with Norvell as OC. And if you're unfamiliar (which I think a lot of yall are not), Memphis has had a top 5 rushing offenses since Norvell has been there & he's not doing that with 4/5-star backs, **** his leading rusher this season was a 3-star converted QB coming out of HS.

That's what makes Norvell dangerous, he's not some gimmicky pass only Air Raid OC, he has both great Deep ball passing & even greater rusher attack offenses, they play at a fast pace & they can score with anyone.

If you think Diaz & Baker are shutting down Norvell & Dillingham you're in for a rude awakening. Norvell ain't Willie Taggart yall, he's actually a good **** coach & I know we're supposed to downplay everything that's FSU because we hate them but yall are tripping if you think they're gonna be a walk in the park these next couple of years.

Advertisement
I think some of yall are sincerely sleep on just how good an offensive mind that Norvell is.

Don't even take into account what he did at Memphis, what he was able to do at AZ St was outstanding making a below average QB like Taylor Kelly look like an All-Conference player.

Taylor Kelly was a low 3-star QB with an 81 rating coming out of Idaho & Norvell had him putting up back to back 3,000 - 3600yds passing seasons.

The last time AZ St even won 10 games in a season was with Norvell as OC. And if you're unfamiliar (which I think a lot of yall are not), Memphis has had a top 5 rushing offenses since Norvell has been there & he's not doing that with 4/5-star backs, **** his leading rusher this season was a 3-star converted QB coming out of HS.

That's what makes Norvell dangerous, he's not some gimmicky pass only Air Raid OC, he has both great Deep ball passing & even greater rusher attack offenses, they play at a fast pace & they can score with anyone.

If you think Diaz & Baker are shutting down Norvell & Dillingham you're in for a rude awakening. Norvell ain't Willie Taggart yall, he's actually a good **** coach & I know we're supposed to downplay everything that's FSU because we hate them but yall are tripping if you think they're gonna be a walk in the park these next couple of years.
Wake me up when he does this at the P5 level. Scott Frost was doing the same at UCF and he's sucked at Nebraska.

It's the sad truth that as it stands right now, they'll return to prominence before we will.

Advertisement

This. It sucks seeing the guy I wanted Miami to hire last year end up at our rival. Hope I was wrong about him

Of all the spread or multiple systems out there or whatever you want to call them, I like Norvell’s the best. He uses a mix of personnel from 20, 10, 11, 21 and etc with motion sometimes.

He utilizes his backs well in both the run and passing game. This is something that we can benefit from considering how highly rated and touted our backs. Don’t get me wrong his wrs get off too but I would argue our stable of backs would translate well to a system like his, given that our backs are probably our strongest unit on offense (considering who should be signing with this class)

Advertisement
Dillingham is LEGIT.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this move. We should've been the ones hiring this guy, not our rival.

And yet, here we sit, with no changes being made, and Manny and Blake J will be out sharing a booth some night this week talking about how they were just six plays away from not totally sucking...

Malzahn called they plays last hear , has this guy even called plays before, serious question

Advertisement
Auburn was 53rd in Total Offense
Auburn was 78th in Yards Per Play

Congrats, you've hired Baby Enos.

(yes, I know Norvell will actually be calling his plays, Dillingham just helps him gameplan).

Exactly , he’s been Coley at memphis and auburn. Helps with the game plan.

Yeah he's a definite improvement over the trash Taggart had.

Auburn was:

53rd in total offense
50th in third down conversions
48th in first downs
23rd red zone offense
27th scoring offense

Enos can't keep pace with that level of competence.

I get that however both places he’s been “OC”
at the head coach called plays
Norvell at Memphis and Gus at Auburn

Advertisement

Agrees, they will be eating our lunch next year until changes are made. Our coaches get taken to school even with interior rosters

I can’t believe people are slobbering over Dillingham, does he have potential? Sure. Has he worked under a couple good offensive minds? He has.

Dillingham’s name was brought up on this board a year ago to possibly come here as OC and all anyone had to say was “He’s never even called his own show before.” “He’s QB coach/OC in title but doesn’t call the plays.””that’d be another first timer we’re rolling the dice on”.

And now he goes to Florida State and people are acting like his last name is Shanahan. FOH

I can’t believe people are slobbering over Dillingham, does he have potential? Sure. Has he worked under a couple good offensive minds? He has.

Dillingham’s name was brought up on this board a year ago to possibly come here as OC and all anyone had to say was “He’s never even called his own show before.” “He’s QB coach/OC in title but doesn’t call the plays.””that’d be another first timer we’re rolling the dice on”.

And now he goes to Florida State and people are acting like his last name is Shanahan. FOH

Funny but true

Advertisement
Back