Kenneth Walker III MSU RB

Advertisement
For comparison sake - Walker put up very similar but slightly better numbers at Wake the last 2 years than Cam has at Miami.

For all the coaches, OL, play calling has held Cam back crowd - Walker had to have been working with a bigger handicap in those areas at Wake.

I haven’t watched much of the kid. A little of the NW game. But I have to think if he was some elite back he would have either stayed at wake or made a move to a top tier P5 program, not MSU coming off a 2 win season.

My question is did he leave wake because he wanted more carries? If he wasn’t RB1 at wake he must not be elite. That doesn’t mean he won’t have a good day vs us.

He ran up a lot of yards against Northwestern. Is he THAT good or is NW that bad? Canes defense better show up.

:stormwarningflag-sm:
What we should be asking is how good are the QB and WR's because if we only have to gameplan for the RB, this should be a walk in the park...however, we are talking about Diaz and his blitz happy ***.

Advertisement
All he has to do is remember to cutback. Unless something changed in practice this week, it's been a few years since we've effectively responded to cutbacks. I'm outright shocked App State didn't run more misdirection. They could have had 12 yards per run.
Its become a thing of beauty to watch our lb try to beat a back to punch because they are athletically void and jump a gap, then end up standing right next to eachother as the back cuts back to HUGE hole backside where they vacated.. atleast thats what I tell myself

The key is us getting to a fast start and jumping to a nice leas forcing them to be impatient and taking them out of their game. They are going to get theirs in the run game and try to turn this into a slug fest. We aren’t really good at those ...
Haha “fast start” good one.

I know they are going to want to put pressure on King and get him mobile, our OL absolutely has to improve, we were bad last year and we are still bad...IDGAF how much experience we have there, we get pushed around...to damned soft!!

I swear all we need to do is improve on the OL and I guarantee that we can roll the rest of this season. We have too much talent in our playmakers not to. Defensively we are still going to give up some stupid plays (4th & 2 against App State = TD), but that's where we are. We need some of the younger cats in the defensive backfield to develop quickly.

Lets keep an eye on our OL this weekend and watch what happens. If we cannot get better there, expect Lou Hedley to have another stellar performance!

Advertisement
fall down arrested development GIF

Cam Harris running into contact

I would love to see the team react and respond like they did when ND came to town. You know MSU wants to run it. Let's see if this team can respond to the physical challenge.

Advertisement
I would love to see the team react and respond like they did when ND came to town. You know MSU wants to run it. Let's see if this team can respond to the physical challenge.
There was a build up to that, and golden players abound.. We played VT the week before and dominated.. it didnt just happen in a vacuum where we flipped some switch.. Would love to see it too but I was there for VT and ND.. We are a long ways from that lightning in a bottle moment.. atleast we finally have some HD highlights in last 20 years we can watch on a loop!

All he has to do is remember to cutback. Unless something changed in practice this week, it's been a few years since we've effectively responded to cutbacks. I'm outright shocked App State didn't run more misdirection. They could have had 12 yards per run.
MSU runs a lot of misdirection and their QB can hit open players, unlike App’s State’s. Not a good matchup for our Defense.

Advertisement
They are a chunk play offense. They will go 2 yard rush 3 yard rush, 15 yard rush, play action bomb. I think this is an easy win for one team - hope it's us.

He's really good. He's really good at finding the cut back either behind the Los or right after. His oline didn't block that well in the northwestern game. What worries me is the backside keeping contain. We have a tendency to overun everything and if that happens were in trouble and he'll out up 150+ on us. I'm sure he'll break a few runs. We gotta keep it under control. If he gets going than play action gets going and that's no bueno

Advertisement
Back